Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAME IDEAS

When you feel your game idea is fully ready to be played, please START A NEW TOPIC in Games Ready with the final RIDs, rules, FAQ and prologue if applicable. Thanks, MafiaManiac Staff

Add Reply
New Poll

Star Trek Mafia VI, The Ultimate Fight
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 22

B: 14-12
G: 28-22
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 5 2018, 04:07 PM
This is just a placeholder for now:
* Adding the factions that won in ST4 and ST5. Need replacements for dead characters.
* Rules, actions/items, skills like in ST5.
* New factions are tentative ... thought of them as disruptive stand-alone indies a la ST3, no idea of wincon yet.

Section 31 (S31) - a shadow organization that watches over the Federation, believing the ends always justify the means.
1. Luther Sloane (DIP, SCI, MED) - a former member of Starfleet Intelligence with a grudge against the Dominion. - killed in ST4. Requires replacement -> Admiral Ross
2. Malcom Reed (SEC, ENG, COM) - a covert member of S31, serving as an armory officer aboard Enterprise NX-01.
3. Agent Harris (COM, SEC, SCI) - a highly placed operative in Starfleet Security. - Killed in ST4, requires replacement. Requires replacement -> Fleet Admiral Cartwright

Augments (AUG) - a proud and aggressive genetically-enhanced human group that lost the Eugenetic Wars in the late 20th Century.
4. Julian Bashir (COM/MED) - Chief Medical Officer of space station DS9, secretly underwent accelerated critical neural pathway formation treatments on Adigeon Prime.
5. Dr. Arik Soong (DIP/SCI) - a brilliant doctor of genetics in the 22nd century that experimented on Augment embyos after stealing them from Cold Station 12 - Killed in ST5. Requires replacement -> Khan
6. Persis (SEC/ENG) - a Human Augment from 20th century brought to life in 2134

Terran Empire (TER) - a repressive interstellar government dominated by Terran from Earth in the mirror universe, cares little for peace and much more for efficiency in conquering alien planets.
7. Mirror Kirk (COM/MED) - Captain of the Imperial Starfleet during the 23rd century
8.Mirror Spock (DIP/SCI) - Commander-in-Chief of the Empire, former Terran/Vulcan hybrid first officer of the ISS Enterprise NCC-1701
9. Mirror "Smiley" O'Brien (SEC/ENG) - a Terran slave of the KCA aboard Terok Nor, leader of the Terran Resistance Forces during the Terran Rebellion

The Dominion (DOM) - natives of the Gamma Quadrant gathered as a coalition of species led by the shapeshifting Changeling and genetically engineered servants - the cunning Vorta and the vicious Jem'Hadar that have just invaded the Alpha Quadrant via a wormhole near Bajor.
10. Changeling Lovok (DIP, SEC, SCI) - a changeling impersonating a Romulan Tal Shiar Colonel with access to information about Alpha and Beta Quadrants - Killed in ST4, requires replacement. Female Founder.
11. Kilana (DIP, COM, MED) - a female Vorta field supervisor in charge of a Jem'Hadar unit, sincere, understanding and completely manipulative.
12. Ixtana'Rax (SEC, COM, ENG) - a honored elder Jem'Hadar (survived more than 20 years) with tactical awareness. - killed in ST4. Requires replacement -> ???

Species 8472 - A tripedal and apparently highly xenophobic non-humanoid species whose actual name is unknown. Designation was given by the Borg (other designations: ‘Undine’, ‘Fluidians’) who discovered them a passage to their native dimension – fluidic space - a continuum filled with an organic fluid with no stars, planets or nebulae. Species 8472 has a dense genetic structure, and its somatic cells can become extremely virulent when in a foreign blood-stream, duplicating themselves rapidly, consuming a host from the inside out. Secret WinCon (??)
13. Unnamed Species 8472: Stranded with his bio-ship, he must attempt to return to the fluidic space.

Borg - Pseudo-race of cybernetic organisms, the Borg voluntarily submit to cybernetic enhancement as a means of achieving what they believe to be perfection. In alien encounters, they exhibit no desire for negotiation or reason, only to assimilate. Assimilation is the process by which the Borg integrate beings and cultures into their collective. The Borg have encountered and assimilated thousands of species and billions to trillions of individual life-forms throughout the galaxy. The Borg designate each species with a number assigned to them upon first contact.Secret WinCon (??)
14. Borg Queen: Entity that exists within and served as a central nexus for the Borg Collective with the sole purpose of bringing order to chaos.

Hirogen: The Hirogen are a nomadic species of hunters in the Delta Quadrant. An ancient and dominant species in the region, roaming vast distances in pursuit of worthy prey. Their technology is not overly superior but their tetryon-based weapons are unknown to the Alpha Quadrant species.Secret WinCon (??)
15. Colonel Karr: ....

Rules:
Spoiler for "..."

Actions (skills & items):
Spoiler for "..."

Items (organized by actions):
Spoiler for "..."

This post has been edited by araver: Jan 5 2018, 05:30 PM

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 5 2018, 04:30 PM
Adding this for early feedback. I'm looking to expand the 3vs3vs3vs3 setting in Star Trek Mafia V with additional Indies, keeping the alliances and skill items in ST5.

I am torn on whether Indies can join such an alliance and what is their standalone WinCon - either last standing (unlikely unless they have a lot of extra abilities such as use 2 items per night) OR to survive (X and Y faction + Z indy = 1/2 roster) and leave the game afterwards.

Also, i didn't get much feedback after ST5, but since there was no ghost thread to vent in, maybe I can get feedback here http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/whistle.gif

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
Son of Irwin
Awards: 9

B: 6-6
G: 14-8
I: 2-5
O: 6-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 7 2018, 12:52 PM
The only feedback I have is for faction alliances. I like the concept, but I can totally see a game ending very early (even earlier than STV) just by guessing at an alliance and hoping someone outside the alliance dies. For example, if every faction declares an alliance N1, there is a 1/3 chance any given alliance will ally with another alliance. I guess the indies actually do prevent majority if only one non-allied player is killed.

Query: Does the alliance need to be established every night? Or is it permanent after it is formally declared? It sounds like it must be formally declared every night.

Will Indy wincons be secret even after you come up with them? And will those wincons end the game?

I breezed over the item list. It looks similar/the same as ST5.

Do you inject any information into the messages sent via CommBadge? Or do you just forward the text of the message on as-is? After reading about Mo's MITM, I will always be vigilant against this tactic.

I should append my PGP public key here...
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 7 2018, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Yuli @ Jan 7 2018, 07:52 PM)
The only feedback I have is for faction alliances.  I like the concept, but I can totally see a game ending very early (even earlier than STV) just by guessing at an alliance and hoping someone outside the alliance dies.  For example, if every faction declares an alliance N1, there is a 1/3 chance any given alliance will ally with another alliance.  I guess the indies actually do prevent majority if only one non-allied player is killed.

Query: Does the alliance need to be established every night?  Or is it permanent after it is formally declared?  It sounds like it must be formally declared every night.

Will Indy wincons be secret even after you come up with them?  And will those wincons end the game?

I breezed over the item list.  It looks similar/the same as ST5.

Do you inject any information into the messages sent via CommBadge?  Or do you just forward the text of the message on as-is?  After reading about Mo's MITM, I will always be vigilant against this tactic.

Re: alliance I don't have a definitive idea. Yes the purpose is to gain majority and end the game earlier .... N4 in STT was a bit early only because it was the night of first blood.

Alliances would have to be declared each night in BTSC. Can change.

I suppose I could induce a penalty for declaring and not being reciprocated: if you get burned and the other faction does not reciprocate ... you lose access to replicators. Forever(?) That would cause some interesting backstabbing proposals AND make alliance declaration more appropriate as a risk to take near end-game.

Indy wincon would be secret but structure would be known such as outlive 2 factions and 1 indy. I need to give them leverage for them to use diplomacy rather than being wiped out by xenophobic factions. But would actually need 4 indies for symmetry, each faction being targeted by 2 indies and neutral to the other 2.

Messages are relayed as is and there is no indication of who sent it http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Game Ideas | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll