Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Elemental Chaos Revived Signups
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 21

B: 13-12
G: 27-21
I: 3-3
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 03:09 PM
Disclaimer: This is an adaptation of Sinistral's game on MafioSphere. Used without explicit permission. After the fall of MafioSphere all I have as notes are pages on the wiki. Minor changes following original host's notes.

Setup: 8 vs 3 vs 1 (NPC). "Two factions vying for control over the MafioSphere. A mysterious entity known simply as "The Collector" wants the sphere for itself. All wield immense magical power. Who will be victorious?"

Night Phase has 2 sub-phases corresponding to two different types of abilities.
*Phase 1 - Movement phase - all actions which involve changing positions in the roster take effect first
*Phase 2 - Action phase (all other non-movement actions e.g. healing, channeling)

*Movement actions (marked with (MOVE)) resolve using Attunement. Each night players submitting movement actions have to submit in the same PM a number between 1 and 100. Each night, the Sphere will attune itself to a random number between 1 and 100. The order in which actions take place is determined by how close the number they chose is to the attuned number for the night. If a player guesses the number exactly, they are perfectly attuned and will be immune to death that night. Any ties in distance to the attuned number will be resolved by host's coinflip. Applies to Teleport, Ninjutsu, Graveyard Shift/Walking Dead, Wind Elemental Action - which are marked with (MOVE) .
*Roster positions go around in a circle from 1 to 12 and 12 is considered adjacent to 1 to complete the circle (i.e. the list wraps around on the ends)
*Normal actions can be affected by channeling (marked with BOOST) or not. Channeling targeting a player using a channel-able action may increase or decrease the power (aka radius) of the ability used by that player or fail if that player is not acting. Channeler is the one choosing if he wants to increase or decrease. Multiple Chaneller's targeting the same roster position with add their effects (e.g. Channeler with increase and Channeler with decrease target the same position successfully, no effect).
*Ties: all in the tie are lynched.

Sphere Guardians - WinCon: Protect the sphere. (All Onyx Hand members are killed.) 8 Players. Those with similar abilities (Teleporter / Channeler) will be marked for the host only, they won't know their name from their role PMs and it won't be shown if lynched, however they cannot be killed without their complete name.

1-2. Southern Teleporter & Northern Teleporter (Wind):
* Teleport (MOVE) - Any night can select a location in the roster and teleport to that location, swapping their position with the player currently at that location

3. Healer (Water):
* Healing (BOOST) - Each night selects a location on the roster. If the player at that location is killed, he is saved instead. Can opt to target a range of +/- 1, (so 3 positions in the roster) but that reduces it's effectiveness to 33% chance to work.

4. Martyr (Fire)
* Bond of Fire (passive/automatic) - If the Martyr is NKed at night, he will also kill his attacker. Healing may still prevent the Martyr or his attacker from being killed. Does not apply to RID or methods of killing other than the group NK. NK shows both targets but will not show which was the Martyr.
* Supernova (BOOST) - Any night, the Martyr may choose to overload himself with fire energy, causing an explosion which will kill himself and any adjacent players on the roster within radius 1. Healing will not save the Martyr from this, but any secondary targets can be healed.

5. Priest (Spirit) - A manipulator of spirit(life) energy, can use at most 1 ability per night, but can use ODTG any day.
* Graveyard Shift (MOVE) - Each night, can either swap roster positions with a dead player or move a dead player up or down in the roster by +/- 1. Has 50% chance to learn elemental affinity of dead player.
* Resurrection (BOOST) - Any night, targets a position on the roster, and if there is a dead player in that roster spot, dead player is brought back to life at the END of the night. This ability requires channeled energy in order to successfully revive a dead player (will fail otherwise). Cannot revive someone who was not already dead at the beginning of the night.
* Funeral - ODTG, only during a day, can hold a funeral for a dead player, entering their body into the ground. That dead player may no longer be the target of any abilities for the rest of the game and their position in the roster becomes permanently fixed. (Shows in day post)

6. Oracle (Spirit) - Has the ability to see the elemental affinities of others.
* Observe Affinity (BOOST) - Each night, chooses a position on the roster. Learns the elemental affinities of all players that are currently within +/- 2 of that spot in the roster, in a random order. The Ninja and Collector will appear to the Oracle as whichever element is active on that particular night.
* Banish - May sacrifice to banish the Collector from the game. Collector will no longer occupy a roster spot. May not be used prior to night 3. Will kill the Oracle afterwards. May be used during the day or night and even the same cycle as regular night action.

7-8. Eastern Channeler & Western Channeler (Earth) - Although not very powerful on their own, Channelers can produce powerful results when combined with other roles by increasing or decreasing the power/radius of abilities marked with BOOST. Can use both actions (1 day action, 1 night action) the same cycle.
* Anchor - Each day, may use their energy (vote weight goes to 0) to bind a living player at targeted position in the roster, preventing them from changing positions for the following night. Any actions taken that would cause the affected player to change positions will fail. A player may not be anchored two days in a row, even if anchored by a different Channeler. (Shows in day post.)
* Channeling - Each night, chooses a location on the roster and can channel energy to/from that player, increasing or decreasing the power(radius) of their ability for that night. (Does not show in night post.)

The Onyx Hand - Have BTSC. WinCon: Gain control of the sphere (all sphere guardians dead). Have a NK targeting a roster position (not a player) and must specify which member is carrying out the NK.

9. Ninja (Wind / Fire) - A stealthy assassin with improved Teleport abilities. Each night can use one of two abilities, each with their own Element (Wind or Fire). If he does not act, he reverts to his default affinity for Wind.
* Ninjutsu (MOVE) (Wind) - Same as regular Teleport except he specifies two positions on the roster and the players at those positions will be swapped.
* Assassination (BOOST) (Fire) - Any night may choose a position in the roster and name a role, if that role is located at that position in the roster, the player dies. Must include South/North/East/West for Teleporters / Channelers in the RID attempt.

10. Binder (Earth) - A Channeler sided with the Onyx Hand. Cannot use Channeling two nights in a row.
* Anchor - Each day, may use their energy to bind a living player at targeted position in the roster, preventing them from changing positions for the following night. Any actions taken that would cause the affected player to change positions will fail. **A player may not be anchored two days in a row, even if anchored by a different Channeler. (Shows in day post.)
* Channeling (BOOST) - Any night but not two in a row, chooses a location on the roster and can channel energy to/from that player, increasing or decreasing the power (radius) of their ability for that night. (Does not show in night post.)

11. Necromancer - (Spirit) - An evil manipulator of spirit(life) energy.
* Walking Dead (MOVE) - Each night, can either swap roster positions with a dead player or move a dead player up or down in the roster by +/- 1. Has 50% chance to learn elemental affinity of dead player.
* Corpse Explosion (BOOST) - Dead player at targeted spot in the roster explodes, killing everyone in close proximity. May not be used two nights in a row, and may not be used on the same corpse more than once. This ability requires channeled energy in order to work.

12. The Collector - Independent - NPC (Non-Playable Character) WinCon: Collect at least one of each type of elemental energy (Wind, Water, Earth, Fire). Spirit may be used as a wildcard / as any type which will be randomly selected at time of collection as one of the elements it does not already have.

NPC RULES:
* The Collector is an NPC and not assigned to a player. It will still occupy a spot on the roster and may be killed or targeted by abilities, but it does not participate in the lynch and may not vote or be voted for.
* The Collector's actions for Night 1 will be determined randomly, but on all following nights its actions may be directed by the player most attuned to the sphere on the previous night. Player in control of the Collector for the next night will be informed via PM at the end of the previous night. If no players have attuned or if invalid actions are given, the Collector will default to random actions.
* The Collector does not need to be killed in order for each faction to achieve its win condition, but if the Collector collects at least one of each elemental type, the game will end and both factions lose.
* Elemental Affinity - Each day/night cycle, the Collector will take on the elemental form of whatever element it has collected the most of at the time. If it has collected an equal amount of two or more elements, it may choose which of those elements to use. Collector will appear as that elemental affinity each night.

NPC Actions:
* Energy Drain - Each night, targets a position on the roster and drains the energy of the player at that position. Any use of their ability that night is cancelled and Collector gains elemental energy of the corresponding type. Will have no effect if the same player is drained more than once. Must be used each night. The Collector's Energy Drain ability overrides all other action phase abilities except the Onyx Hand's group NK.(Shows in night post)
* Elemental Action - Depending on the elemental affinity for the night/day phase
** Water Elemental Action(BOOST) - Can negate one attack on player at target spot on roster (Save).
** Wind Elemental Action(MOVE) - Can swap itself with any location on the roster
** Earth Elemental Action - Channeling (same ability as a Channeler)
** Fire Elemental Action (BOOST) - Can kill player at target spot on the roster. Will not kill self.

What shows:
*NP: New roster positions (but not the actions that led to them), successful NK (role of killer and target of NK except for Martyr when it shows both players that died / were saved), successful RID Kills (assasination), banishing, successful healing against a NK/RID Kill (will show the NK/RID Kill attempt), successful resurrection
*DP: Lynched player and role (but not S/N/E/W), funerals, anchors, banishing
OOA:
**Movement phase: Sorted by Attunement number. Applies to Teleport, Ninjutsu, Graveyard Shift/Walking Dead, Wind Elemental Action
**Action phase: Onyx Hand NK (can still be stopped by a save) >Collector's Energy Drain > Save (Water Elemental Action, Healing) > Kill (Fire Elemental Action, Corpse Explosion, Supernova , Assasination), Bond of Fire) > Channeling ( Channeling / Channeling, Earth Elemental Ability) > Ressurection > Spy (Observe Affinity)
**Day phase: Anchor/Anchor, Funeral
**Kills are not blocking

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jul 30 2017, 03:11 PM
The Collector: Araver

Elementalists:

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 15

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 04:52 PM

Elementalists:
3. maurice

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 13

B: 3-6
G: 9-12
I: 2-5
O: 3-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 31 2017, 12:54 AM

Elementalists:
3. maurice
4. Hirkala

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

Sounds complicated. I'm in.

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
Spectre
Awards: 6

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 31 2017, 08:58 AM

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
3. maurice
4. Hirkala

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

MIght be the last in a while so yeah...

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl,
and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
Cassandra
Awards: 9

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 31 2017, 04:07 PM
Well I learned not to dawdle so...

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
2. Sparrowhawk
3. maurice
4. Hirkala

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
The Hunter
Awards: 7

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 31 2017, 08:31 PM

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
2. Sparrowhawk
3. maurice
4. Hirkala
8.Marq

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

"You DONT want me in my quiet place!"-Anita Blake
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 32

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 31 2017, 09:50 PM

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
2. Sparrowhawk
3. maurice
4. Hirkala
8. Marq
9. aura

Backup elements:

Wiki element:

I am entirely unsure if I have thought this thing through properly. In any case, I think this is as close as I'll get to BASE jumping without physically doing it, so.

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
lolcat
Group Icon
Awards: 16

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jul 31 2017, 10:21 PM

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
2. Sparrowhawk
3. maurice
4. Hirkala
8. Marq
9. aura

Backup elements:
1. plasma

Wiki element:

Can't play while hosting and controlling BTSC perms, but I could come in after KaTSWiLM.

And if earth/wind/fire/water (spirit?) are elements then plasma oughta count as an element right?
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Aug 1 2017, 02:26 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Aug 1 2017, 06:21 AM)

Can't play while hosting and controlling BTSC perms, but I could come in after KaTSWiLM.

And if earth/wind/fire/water (spirit?) are elements then plasma oughta count as an element right?

... and someone has to give me first game host permissions as well http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Aug 1 2017, 10:28 AM
QUOTE (araver @ Aug 1 2017, 10:26 AM)
QUOTE (plasmid @ Aug 1 2017, 06:21 AM)

... and someone has to give me first game host permissions as well http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif

Thank you http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/modhello.gif

user posted image
Piciotto
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 1 2017, 02:52 PM
Hi 😊 I've been away from this site for YEARS but I'm excited to start playing again!

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
2. Sparrowhawk
3. maurice
4. Hirkala
5. TheViolentFemme
8. Marq
9. aura

Backup elements:
1. plasma

Wiki element:

The mafiosa formerly known as Music_luvr95
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 1 2017, 08:40 PM
Me as I clicked this thread: "I didn't sign up for this. ...Surely I didn't sign up for this. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/worried.gif

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/hm.gif I'm looking but I doubt I'll be on the list. Lol if I am. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif "
[seconds pass]
*aura spies a post about base jumping and realises she not only signed up but also forgot she was in this thread, scared shitless, yesterday.

It's chill. I have activity to spare. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/yes.gif

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

- John Cleese

Spectre
Awards: 6

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 2 2017, 12:36 PM

Elementalists:
1. Krystal
2. Sparrowhawk
3. maurice
4. Hirkala
5. TheViolentFemme
6. specter96
8. Marq
9. aura

Backup elements:
1. plasma

Wiki element:

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl,
and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 2 2017, 03:57 PM

Elementalists:
1. KrystalQuartz
2. Sparrockrawk
3. mwauter-ice
4. Healkala
5. TheVividDream
6. spectearth96
8. Monk
9. aira

Backup elements:
1. plasma

Wiki element:

https://youtu.be/sLkGSV9WDMA

- sparrowhawk

- John Cleese

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Elemental Chaos Revived | Next Newest »

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll