Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (32) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Free Beer Mafia
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted May 21 2018, 11:24 PM
For a third week in a row, the Philosophic Basis of Practical Governance Society held a meeting with only Connie, Jen, and Chuck, leaving their conference room looking pitifully empty. The other students at Eastbridge University simply didn’t seem to understand how fascinating it could be to learn the intricacies of how and why ideas about how to run a state ended up being thwarted by real-world problems from the question of making guns or butter to outright corruption. But no more. This week, Connie decided to try to beef up attendance by offering free beer at their next meeting. So now Jen is preparing to host a dialogue on how Plato would have viewed the Electoral College with a crowd of twenty thousand undergrads.

Alas, Chuck carelessly allowed two of the kegs of beer to get warm while he was getting ready for the meeting. And serving warm beer at a time like this simply wouldn’t do. So the beer had to sort it out among themselves and weed out the warm ones, without knowing which other beers were warm or cold. Aside from themselves. Except the warm beers, which knew each other. Because that’s how it works. And there’s also an indy beer.

Baddies – BTSC, group NK, group tiebreaker (can add 0.5 votes to any player each day)
Wincon: Insurmountable majority

Goodies
Wincon: Wipe out baddies and indy (if present (which it is))

Sam Adams: Kill + Role and Faction spy. All on the same target. Spies succeed only if kill succeeds.
Guinness: Save. Cannot target self, but can be redirected to self and end up self-saving.
Fat Tire: Redirect. Is told if he successfully redirects an action.
Sierra Nevada: Follow spy. If you follow Beep spy, you see the first target on his list. Does not see factional abilities (including RID machine gun if an indy is present).
Goose Island: Vote multiplier. x0-2 on anyone.
Corona: Beep spy. Find out if there’s one baddie among a group of three targets. If redirected, the first choice of three targets gets redirected.
Heinekin: Mimic. Name a player during the day and gain their ability for the next night/day cycle. Each player can only be mimic’ed once. Factional abilities (including RID machine gun if an indy is present) aren't copied.
Dos Equis: Inheritor. Gain the ability of the first player that dies. Does not affect your faction. Factional abilities (including RID machine gun if an indy is present) aren't copied.
Budweiser: Coroner. Learn the role of successfully NK-ed players.
Coors: Block. Appears in the NP. You’re told whether it successfully stops an action at night. It does prevent actions that would occur on the following day, but if that happens you will only be told going into the day phase that it did not stop a night action.
Shiner Bock: Messenger. 300 characters max counting spaces. Smilies count as the number of characters within and including the colon tags.

Grey roles are sir not appearing in this mafia since we have 9 players instead of 11.
There are 2 warm beers (baddies), 6 cold beers (goodies), and an indy.

Indy
Wincon: Last standing
Has one of the normal abilities, plus an ODTG RID machine gun: Name however many RIDs you want and if they’re all correct they all die. Unblockable, unredirectable, and unsaveable. But if any are incorrect then the kills all fail and you lose the ODTG.

In addition to the usual daytime lynch vote, there will also be night-phase votes where you vote for one of the roles in the game to have their faction revealed at the end of the night phase. Except the kill+spy role – that one will definitely be goodie if it’s in play (which it is) because otherwise it’d be way overpowered. The rest of the rules are pretty much the usual.

NP shows all kill attempts (except failed RID machine gun), needed saves, blocks.
If a (Mimic or) Inheritor performs an action that would appear in the NP, then it appears as being performed by the Mimic or Inheritor and not the copied role.
Lynch shows faction and not role.
Tie lynch rules: Baddies have a tiebreaker ability, but if they don't use it and it's a tie then no one dies. If there's a tie vote for faction reveal, then no role gets faction revealed.
lolcat

TB:
  Posted May 21 2018, 11:28 PM
Pints
1. sparrowhawk
2. Machina
3. maurice
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise
9. aura
11. GMaster479

It's N1, which is a night phase, meaning you each get to vote for a role to faction reveal.
You can still just spitpost too though.

Night 1 ends in
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking messenger or follow spy for the role reveal.

Messenger - asap so we know whether to respond to their message
Save - since only block and save appear in NP, either can be messed with or exposed by redirect, or used in shenanigans. Save can also be used as a clearing technique altho we could wait and role reveal if it happens.
Block - as above
Follow spy - Seems a likely baddie/indy role.

1. sparrowhawk
2. Machina
3. maurice
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise
9. aura - voting for Messenger
11. GMaster479

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (aura @ May 21 2018, 08:20 PM)
I'm thinking messenger or follow spy for the role reveal.

Messenger - asap so we know whether to respond to their message 
Save - since only block and save appear in NP, either can be messed with or exposed by redirect, or used in shenanigans. Save can also be used as a clearing technique altho we could wait and role reveal if it happens.
Block - as above
Follow spy - Seems a likely baddie/indy role.

I agree that knowing if we can trust the messenger is a top priority. If good, they can start building a circle of trust and, if not, we can discount whatever they say. If we leave it for later, their N1 target won't know what to reveal (or not).

I think that based on the numbers, there's no redirect or mimic. So no redirect shenanigans to worry about.

1. sparrowhawk - voting for Messenger
2. Machina
3. maurice
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise
11. GMaster479

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
Moderately Menacing Machine
Awards: 1

4-1
B: 2-1
G: 1-0
I: 1-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted May 22 2018, 03:24 AM
2. Machina - voting for Messenger
3. maurice
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise
11. GMaster479

Sooner we know the messenger is goodie, the sooner we can get a group of confirmed goodies set to steamroll this.
Apologies for the delay, all this waiting resulted in my not checking back here as often as I should. Time to actually read the rules.

Thwarting CAPTCHA one at a time.
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 09:17 AM
3. maurice - voting for Messenger
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise
11. GMaster479

I'll never vote against a circle of trust. Would kinda suck if you're the messenger and you turn out red or green... If so, it would be interesting to see who hesitated to vote for it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (maurice @ May 22 2018, 10:47 PM)
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise
11. GMaster479

I'll never vote against a circle of trust.  Would kinda suck if you're the messenger and you turn out red or green... If so, it would be interesting to see who hesitated to vote for it.

Is that a hint?

Spoiler for http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted May 22 2018, 10:23 AM
Put me on as voting for the messenger

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
lolcat

TB:
  Posted May 22 2018, 10:36 AM
4. Hachi
5. Slick
7. Araver
8. Boquise - voting for Messenger
11. GMaster479
What is life
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 03:13 PM
4. Hachi - voting for Messenger
5. Slick
7. Araver
11. GMaster479
lolcat

TB:
  Posted May 22 2018, 05:12 PM
5. Slick
11. GMaster479

Araver has unfortunately been the victim of a rookie mistake while an undergrad tried to tap the keg and failed miserably and messily, and is out of the game.

Additionally, since my intent was for everyone to know the number of players in each faction and the roles in the game from the outset: Sam Adams (Kill + Spy) is out of the game, and there is no longer an indy in play. There are 2 warm beers and 6 cold beers.
What is life
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 07:15 PM
Well that makes things easier.
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted May 22 2018, 07:35 PM
]1. sparrowhawk - voting for Messenger
5. Slick voting for Messenger
11. GMaster479

I am not hiding in with y'all just being myself again. I spilled. beer after too many.http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/soda.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
I'm still a G
Group Icon
Awards: 6

B: 7-7
G: 22-18
I: 0-3
O: 5-10
TB: N/A
TG: N/A
  Posted May 22 2018, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=akaslickster,May 22 2018, 06:35 PM]]1. sparrowhawk - voting for Messenger
5. Slick voting for Messenger
11. GMaster479 - voting for Messenger

Thanks plasmid.

lolcat

TB:
  Posted May 22 2018, 11:14 PM
Night 1
Shiner Bock (Messenger) got a thermometer stuck somewhere and was found to be cold beer (goodie).
Nothing else happened for the rest of the night.

Pints
1. sparrowhawk
2. Machina
3. maurice
4. Hachi
5. Slick
8. Boquise
9. aura
11. GMaster479

Day 1 ends in
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Free Beer Mafia | Next Newest »

Pages: (32) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll