Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (39) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Amber Mafia III, Final Countdown
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 20 2018, 06:43 PM
Amber Mafia III: Final Countdown

Warning: Contains spoilers (if you plan to read the books)

Spoiler for "Short intro"

Roles and Faction description

Spoiler for "Description"

Night Rules

Each night, players can either use one of their abilities OR try to recruit another person to their faction (not both).

BTSC-by-meeting:
* As a side-effect of acting on the same person, players from the same faction can meet and establish BTSC. E.g. if A targets C AND B targets C AND neither is blocked.
* They can also meet if A targets B AND B does not submit an action. But if B is trapped and A is not the one that trapped him, A's action on B will fail hence the meet will not happen.
* The recruit will share BTSC with the others only if he meets with one of the faction (as above) from the moment he/she is recruited (including the night he/she is recruited!). If A recruits B successfully then A targeting B is taken into account for BTSC-by-meeting rules.
* Any player meeting with another of his faction will share the same unique Faction BTSC, there cannot be multiple BTSCs for the same faction.

Recruiting:
* Amberites can choose to walk the Pattern, Chaos beings can choose to walk the Logrus. Those with composite blood can choose either. But that is flavor only. Walking the Pattern or Logrus gives the bearer the possibility of recruiting a player (blood type of the target does not matter) -> if the target is an un-recruited independent the target is recruited.
* If two or more factions try to recruit the same player, the same night, they will BOTH fail.
* Result of recruit is PMed to both the recruiter and his target along with the name of the faction (NOT the role that attempted the recruit). The night-post only reveals how many recruits attempts were on that night but not how many were successful.
* Walking the Pattern/Logrus is not always safe. Each role has a probability attached of successfully walking the Pattern/Logrus as a 50-75-100% chance of success. If walking the Pattern/Logrus fails, it kills the person that tries to walk it. If walking works, then the recruit attempt happens and the walker lives regardless if the recruit attempt is successful. Probabilities decrease with 25% each time the Pattern/Logrus is walked by that person (no matter if the recruit works/fails). E.g. If you start with 100% chance, then you will live but your recruiting action may still fail if for example you try it on another faction member. Next time you try to recruit, you will have a 75% chance to live and 25% chance to die before trying the actual recruit. And so forth.

Order of actions:
* Deterministic universe with Chronological order of actions. Notice the >> in the OOA below. That means the right action can NEVER prevent an action to its left since it happens AFTER it chronologically speaking!
* OOA: Walking the Pattern/Logrus >> Trap >> Save >> RID Kill >> Spy. First recruits are evaluated, then traps, then RID kills, then spies, etc. Invulnerability N1 is passive and cannot be stopped.
* Trap acts as a block against the target's actions AND all actions against the target (except a trap). Basically a form of invulnerability. Does not prevent the target from recruiting or being recruited since that already happened.
* What appears in the NP: Successful traps and kills and players dying after walking the Pattern/Logrus.
* Same type of actions targeting each other (or in chain) -> All actions happen (E.g. A tries to kill B who tries to kill C -> both B and C are killed).
* Same type of actions targeting same player -> All actions happen (E.g. A and C both try to trap B -> B is double-trapped).

Day Rules

What are sequences?
* Instead of one massive mandatory host-started kill-vote during the day, the players can themselves start independent voting structures called "sequences".
* Each sequence is started by an "initiator" (owner) and targeted to a "victim" (target).
* People can vote FOR the sequence or CON (AGAINST) the sequence.

How does a majority pass a sequence?
* Everyone has x1 voting power.
* Everyone can vote (if he/she chooses) exactly once (one vote) on each sequence that is brought up.
* Votes can be changed around but only until the sequence is passed or denied.
* Each player can initiate/have at most 1 normal/End-of-Day sequence plus 1 courier sequence per day (so at most 2 sequences per player x number of alive players).
* The initiator (owner) can choose to remove his/her sequence at any time if he/she decides it wasn't going to pass or if he/she wants to start a different sequence instead. Though once a sequence passes, it can't be removed.

How does a majority pass a sequence?
* Absolute majority – 1 + total number of living players divided by two, rounded down (i.e. ignoring the .5 on the end if there is an odd number of living players).
**E.g for 8 living players absolute majority is 5 (8/2+1), for 9 players it is 5 (9/2-0.5+1).
* Simple majority – 1 + total number of players that voted for that sequence divided by two (again ignoring the .5 on the end). Simple majority ALSO requires at least 3 votes for the same option.
**E.g. if a sequence has 3-PRO and 2-CON at the end of day, it has 5 players who voted so a simple majority is 3 (5/2-0.5+1). So it passes.
**E.g. if a sequence has 2-PRO and 0-CON at the end of day, it does not pass since it requires 3 votes for the same option. If it has 3-PRO and 0-CON (or 1-CON or 2-CON) at the end of the day, then it is passed.
* There is no vote manipulation, all sequences are public and are passed (without host's interference) if they have absolute majority (more than half of alive players).
** At the end of the day all remaining sequences are evaluated for simple majority.

In short, sequences can be:
* passed immediately if an absolute majority votes PRO
* denied immediately if an absolute majority votes CON
* passed at the end of day if the sequence has a simple majority voting PRO
* denied at the end of day if the sequence has a simple majority voting CON
* Once a sequence is denied, the initiator may start another one of the same type if he wants (normal or immediate)

What types of sequences are there?

There are 2 types of sequences:
* End-of-Day actions: e.g. "Lynch" - if successfully passed will result in the victim being lynched at the END OF THE DAY.
** FREEZE: Target is blocked for the night. This prevents responding to couriers and acts as a trap for the night.
** SPOTLIGHT: Target will be spotlighted during the next night - all actions on target will appear in the NP regardless if they appear normally.
** LYNCH: Target is lynched and identity & faction is revealed at the end of the day. Can only be passed by absolute majority.
* Immediate actions:
** COURIER: Initiator can send one message to target and receive a response by the end of the next night (The host has to be CCed).

What's the catch?

The day has 36 hours:
* 24 hours in which you can initiate sequences
* Final 12 hours in which you can ONLY VOTE on already initiated sequences
* You can also use the final 12-hours of the day to send an action for the next night if you wish. It will be taken into consideration after the day ends and all sequences are evaluated by host.

How to start/vote on a sequence?
Notations for sequences:
Spoiler for x

D/N Posts:
* Night 1: "Crickets in the Shadows"
* Day 1: "Courier Training Day"
* Night 2: "Storm is Coming"
*Day 2: "Locked Within A Crystal Ball"

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 20 2018, 06:45 PM
Players:
1. sparrowhawk
2. Machina
3. golfjunkie
4. Hachi
5. Majeswandar
6. GMaster479
7. plasmid
8. Boquise
9. onetruth
10. Okosan
11. Marquessa
12. Bob Sacamano
13. maurice
14. Framm
15. Insaner
16. Hirkala
17. Yuli

Added some examples to the OP, minor grammar corrections and a fix on the sequence example in the last spoiler (that was previously wrong).

*araver asks that you don't post yet till I give the go-ahead (after all PMs are sent).

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 20 2018, 07:35 PM
Players:
1. sparrowhawk
2. Machina
3. golfjunkie
4. Hachi
5. Majeswandar
6. GMaster479
7. plasmid
8. Boquise
9. onetruth
10. Okosan
11. Marquessa
12. Bob Sacamano
13. maurice
14. Framm
15. Insaner
16. Hirkala
17. Yuli

Night 1 ends Tuesday 1 AM EST (48hours + some change) to allow for confirmations/questions/etc.

You are free to post now.

Gl;hf

user posted image
Not Maurice
Awards: 10

B: 6-6
G: 14-8
I: 2-5
O: 7-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 20 2018, 07:41 PM
I'm so excited!
I just can't hide it!

I should append my PGP public key here...
Contabile
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 20 2018, 07:52 PM
Woot let's do this! Good luck to those that can walk the paths!
I'm still a G
Group Icon
Awards: 6

B: 7-7
G: 22-18
I: 0-3
O: 5-10
TB: N/A
TG: N/A
  Posted Jan 20 2018, 07:59 PM
Alright let's start the WIFOM! I'm nobody don't try and recruit me!

What is life
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 20 2018, 09:18 PM
All I know is that I'm a meme
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 12:10 AM
Do I need the tl;dr version of Amber II?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: 3

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (maurice @ Jan 21 2018, 12:10 AM)
Do I need the tl;dr version of Amber II?

I hope not. All the words...

Insert something witty here [______________].
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 01:33 AM
QUOTE (Hachi @ Jan 20 2018, 06:18 PM)
All I know is that I'm a meme

Are you soft-claiming lolcat? http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/glare.gif
Trust me!
Group Icon

B: 1-2
G: 6-4
I: 2-0
O: 0-1
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 04:48 AM
Sup bros http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/peace.gif

Haven't read the OP yet but let's whack Corts of Amber first http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/popcorn.gif
Trust me!
Group Icon

TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 05:02 AM
QUOTE (Majeswandar @ Jan 20 2018, 11:52 PM)
Woot let's do this! Good luck to those that can walk the paths!

From that I can tell that you are seeking to get recruited, would you consider becoming a member of Merlin's Band?
Trust me!
Group Icon

TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 05:03 AM
QUOTE (GMaster479 @ Jan 20 2018, 11:59 PM)

He wants his ally to stay home tonight
Trust me!
Group Icon

TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 05:03 AM
The rest are just having a chat
Moderately Menacing Machine
Awards: 1

4-1
B: 2-1
G: 1-0
I: 1-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted Jan 21 2018, 05:23 AM
QUOTE (Insaner @ Jan 21 2018, 04:03 AM)
QUOTE (GMaster479 @ Jan 20 2018, 11:59 PM)

He wants his ally to stay home tonight

So, that's your way of telling him you're going to stay home and he can visit you?

Thwarting CAPTCHA one at a time.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Amber Mafia III | Next Newest »

Pages: (39) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll