Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Closed
New Poll

2017 Best Mafia Game Move, Slightly renamed

2017 Best Mafia Game Move
maurice for sending fake messages to enemies in Toy Soldiers [ 9 ]  [81.82%]
maurice for killing half the mafia in Overwatch [ 1 ]  [9.09%]
Mtambourini for running baddies and pocketing goodies in Martian Moons [ 1 ]  [9.09%]
Total Votes: 11

Temp Admin (again)
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-3
G: 6-4
I: 0-1
O: 0-2
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 08:39 PM
This is the nominating topic for the Brando for 2017 Best Mafia Game Move. In this topic, please post who you would like to nominate for this Brando.

A nomination occurs when someone nominates someone (not themselves) and then has another person second that nomination. You may only nominate ONCE and you may only second ONCE per Brando topic.

Nominations will be held from now until JANUARY 16TH at 11:59 PM BT. At that time, nominations will cease and this thread will become a poll where you will get to vote for one of the nominees for this category. You will have until JANUARY 23rd at 11:59 PM BT to vote. The winners of the Brandos will be awarded in a post on January 24th.

The moderators have been instructed to edit this original post (OP) as nominations are had. The nominees will be listed below in the order they were nominated. Please do not make posts with the updated list if it isn't updated.

Nominatios
Mo in Toy Soldiers for sending fake messages between Boq and SH to make them think they need to kill each other. (Seconded)

Mo for killing half the mafia in Overwatch. (Seconded)

Mtambourini for running the baddie team and pocketing everyone in Martian Moons. (Seconded)

araver for subtly outting to maurice and building circle of trust while concealing roles in Overwatch

Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Jan 3 2018, 05:20 AM
I needa research this one
might find something as I do the wiki stuff for them games

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
Not Maurice
Awards: 10

B: 6-6
G: 14-8
I: 2-5
O: 7-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 3 2018, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping Toy Soldiers counts as a game for this category.

If so, I'd like to nominate maurice for setting up fake communication channels between Boquise and sparrowhawk. I have just read through the game and it's probably the best play I've seen in any game ever. It's certainly the funniest, and great that it actually worked.

For anyone who hasn't read the game (see here), on Phase 2, maurice sent a message to SH saying he was Boq and providing an encryption key. He also sent the same message to Boq with the same key. I theorise that Boq and SH used the compromised key to communicate.

This post has been edited by Yuli: Jan 3 2018, 03:05 PM

I should append my PGP public key here...
Cassandra

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 3 2018, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Yuli @ Jan 3 2018, 11:04 AM)
I'm hoping Toy Soldiers counts as a game for this category.

If so, I'd like to nominate maurice for setting up fake communication channels between Boquise and sparrowhawk.  I have just read through the game and it's probably the best play I've seen in any game ever.  It's certainly the funniest, and great that it actually worked.

For anyone who hasn't read the game (see here), on Phase 2, maurice sent a message to SH saying he was Boq and providing an encryption key.  He also sent the same message to Boq with the same key.  I theorise that Boq and SH used the compromised key to communicate.

Yeah...funny. Haha. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/dry.gif http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sarcasm.gif

Reluctantly second.

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 4 2018, 01:03 AM
Ninjaed by SH.
Thirding in that case. It is classical man-in-the-middle that I never saw pulled out in a Mafia game. Indeed Boq and SH did use that key to communicate. Moreover, maurice provided in that communication false intel that pit Boq and SH against each other by faking something Boq claimed about his targets (if I recall correctly). That particular move (false intel + eavesdropping) practically destroyed any chance to get a counter alliance forming early on and provided a very nice smoke screen for the actual alliance (nana, aura, maurice). Oh wait, I should also be reluctantly thirding seeing as we lost because of that.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Jan 4 2018, 04:41 AM
Let's not speak about that again tbh

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
Trust me!
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 1-2
G: 6-4
I: 2-0
O: 0-1
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Jan 5 2018, 04:03 AM
He has already been nominated here, but I would like to nominate maurice for his play in Overwatch Mafia. He decided to go rogue as a town vig in that game, killing 2 mafia members in 3 shots while staying completely under the radar, which had devastating effect on me as the last mafia survivor, completely disrupting my plans and making me concede.
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 5 2018, 05:24 AM
QUOTE (Insaner @ Jan 5 2018, 10:03 AM)
He has already been nominated here, but I would like to nominate maurice for his play in Overwatch Mafia. He decided to go rogue as a town vig in that game, killing 2 mafia members in 3 shots while staying completely under the radar, which had devastating effect on me as the last mafia survivor, completely disrupting my plans and making me concede.

Seconding that nomination.
Though he wasn't rogue, he had instinct and he got some info from a goodie spy. That last part seems it was under the baddies' radar even after the game ended http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 5 2018, 09:29 AM
Actually, after reading Insaner's nominaron, I was reminded of araver's more in that same game, that he just referenced.

He told me he didn't approve, making it clear to me who he was and allowing me to hide under his ID a bit. It also gave us the ability to build a circle of trust.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Jan 12 2018, 06:43 AM
Why is this not called Best Play btw?

-
-
-
Not Maurice

B: 6-6
G: 14-8
I: 2-5
O: 7-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 12 2018, 01:49 PM
QUOTE (Boquise @ Jan 12 2018, 05:43 AM)
Why is this not called Best Play btw?

There was a discussion about it and it came down to "play" sounding like a one-time tactical action where "move" gave the impression of long-term strategic decision.

Basically.

EDIT: Source: http://mafiamaniac.net/index.php?showtopic...ndpost&p=230206

This post has been edited by Yuli: Jan 12 2018, 01:50 PM

I should append my PGP public key here...
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Jan 12 2018, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah that makes sense tbh

-
-
-
lolcat
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jan 13 2018, 02:08 AM
I nom mtam for his baddie play in Martian Moons. That was just a flat out fine example of pocketing all the goodies tbh.
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Jan 13 2018, 10:12 AM
I shall second that

-
-
-
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 16 2018, 05:32 PM
Was originally going to nom orange guy but I'm thinking red guy did the better move.

Attached Image

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed
New Poll