Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

F.Y.I

Add Reply
New Poll

Good Cop Bad Cop
Contabile
Group Icon
Awards: 1

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 11 2017, 07:53 AM
Story
You are a Cop . You and your fellow officers have to gather to discuss the growing corruption within the district . One of you is secretly leading the Crooked cops as Kingpin , while someone else is leading the Honest cops as an Agent . Work on to discover the opposing leader and take them out before the other team leader eliminates your team leader

You are given 3 role cards ( 1 Agent and Kingpin , 2-11 Honest and Crooked Cop ) depending on what role cards you have . For every 2 player playing i will add 5 Honest and Crooked Cop . Your role cards are named 1-3 . You must put all 3 of your role cards into 3 numbered slots . (etc - slot #1 Agent , slot 2# Crooked , slot 3# Honest )
You are an Agent - If you get an Agent role card It does not matter what your other role cards
You are an Kingpin - If you get an Kingpin role card It does not matter what your other role cards
You are an Honest Cop - If you have 2 Honest role cards
You are an Crooked Cop - If you have 2 Crooked role cards
After everyone has knows their role , everyone will be given a equipment card to help them through the game . The game starts and someone random will be given Lead Investigator . Lead Investigator is able to choose 1 of the following actions
Investigate - You will view someone's role card , only you will know the information .
Equip - Take a new equipment card . You choose 1 role card to reveal to everyone .
Arm - Take a gun . You choose 1 card role to reveal to everyone
Shoot - Shoot your gun at any player you want . Before shooting you must aim your gun at a player .

After 1 of the above action is resolved , i will need everybody to publicly said if they would like do their equipment cards . After everyone has done their action , the Lead Investigator moves to the next player . 1 - 2 - 3
After doing 1 of the above actions you may aim your gun(if you have one ) at any player you like.
Getting shot - All 3 of your card roles are reveal
If you are Crooked or Honest you are out of the round , you are eliminated from the game . Your equipment card is returned to me.
If you are Agent or Kingpin you are not eliminated the first time you are shot . You take a wound and a equipment card. If you are shot a second time or no longer Kingpin or Agent you are out of the game .
Gun rules
-You may only hold 1 gun at a time
-Any time you have the gun , you must aim it a player
-You may never aim a gun at yourself
-You may only change who you aiming at the end of your gun during Aim phase .
Equipment rules
-The equipment card limit is 1. If you have more than one card , you must choose 1 card to keep . You cannot use any equipment cards until you have 1 equipment card
-Multiple equipment cards may be used may be played before an action is resolved
Possible cards
-All equipment cards will be reveal publicly when played or given to someone .
Bribe - Investigate any player . You must choose to trade one of your role cards for the card you view
Planted Evidence - Choose a player . For the rest of the game , all of their Honest cop role is treated as Crooked cop and all of their Honest Cop role are treated as Crooked .
Surveillance Camera - Use immediately after a player has investigated . That player must reveal that role card that was view to everyone .
K-9 Unit - Choose a player , if they have a gun they discard it
Grenade - Give this to any player . At the end of their turn , they give this card to another player . At the end of that other players turn , they are shot .
Holster - Use when you shoot a gun , You may choose to change your aim and shoot a different player .
Fake ID - Swap any 2 role cards . You may even choose players who have been eliminated
Coffee - After this current turns end , play moves immediately to your turn
Truth Serum - Choose a player . That player chooses to reveal 1 of their role cards to everyone
Wiretap - Investigate any 2 players
Flash bang - Place all 3 of your role cards at any place you want .
Report Audit - Each player who has no revealed role cards must choose to reveal 1 role card to everyone
Defibrillator - Revive a player that has been killed . You choose whether that player is an Honest Cop or Crooked Cop , regardless of their role cards they have .
Med Kit - Remove a wound that has been given to a player.
Scalpel - Use when a player takes a wound token . The wounded player may immediately take the arm action
Scope - Investigate all players holding a gun .
Taser - Steal a gun from any player . Use only on your turn . This count as an action and your turn is done .
Metal detector - Investigate player who is holding a gun
Restraining Order - Use when a player shoots their gun . They must choose a different player and shoot that player instead
Tear gas - Choose 3 players . All of their role card are shuffle . If they had any revealed card it will be turn over .
Riot shield - Give this card to any player
Bulletproof vest - Use when you are shot . The player shooting still discards it gun . You do not take the shot .
Evidence Bag - Steal an equipment card from any player .
Earpiece - Give this card to any player . Anytime that player is investigated , you also view that role card was viewed
Extra Ammo - Use this after you shoot , to immediately take the gun again without revealing any role card
Dispatch Riot -Activate this card . Anytime a player investigates you , you choose which role card for that player to view .
Subpoena - Give this card to another player . When a gun is aimed is at someone to their left or right , they may immediately investigated .
Wire - Give this card to another player . This card will be anoounce publicly . When a player investigates that player , you may also view that role card
Ambulance - Use this when a player is shoot . They are not eliminated and you may take any other equipment card in their hand
Polygraph - View all 3 role cards of a player . All 3 of your role cards will be viewed by that player .
Blackmail - Choose 2 different role cards from 2 different players . Those players exchange role cards
Smoke grenade - The turn order is reversed at the end of the currents players turn .

Preferred number of players - 4 to 12
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 21 2017, 10:43 AM
Trying to wrap my brain around this one, it looks fun http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif But it also looks like it works best played IRL in a circle, so it may need modifications for a forum version. And it definitely needs a host to hold the secret inventory balance.

Assumptions after reading:
*There are only 1 Agent and 1 Kingpin role cards, rest are Crooked / Honest in equal ammounts.
*There is only 1 copy of each equipment and it is returned to the host after using ( It is returned after being eliminated "Your equipment card is returned to me.")
*The object of the game is to get your side to win (Agent/Honest=BLUE or Crooked/Kingpin=RED), role being determined by current 3 cards hold. Eliminated players can still win (since equipment can steal from them) but also their role can be changed by card changing. Assuming game stops when all alive players are of the same Blue/Red alignment.

E.g. assuming 4 players.

Phase 0
*Total cards 4x3 = 12. 1 Agent, 1 Kingpin, 5 Crooked, 5 Honest ?? (are there extra role cards?)
*Player 1 gets #1 Agent Role #2 Crooked #3 Crooked => Agent
*Player 2 gets #1 Honest #2 Crooked #3 Honest => Honest Cop
*Player 3 gets #1 Kingpin #2 Crooked #3 Crooked => Kingpin
*Player 4 gets #1 Honest #2 Honest #3 Honest => Honest Cop
*everyone knows his role COMPLETED.

Everybody gets 1 equipment.
*Player 1 gets Truth Serum - Choose a player. That player chooses to reveal 1 of their role cards to everyone
*Player 2 gets Scope - Investigate all players holding a gun.
*Player 3 gets Fake ID - Swap two role cards. You may even choose players who have been eliminated
*Player 4 gets Bulletproof vest - Use when you are shot. The player shooting still discards it gun. You do not take the shot.
*everyone gets equipment COMPLETED.

Phase 1 (Lead Investigator Act & Aim / Equipment??)
*Lead Investigator is Player 3.
*He must choose between Investigate / Equip / Aim / Shoot.
*He chose Arm and shows to reveal his #3 card: Crooked.

OP says After doing 1 of the above actions you may aim your gun(if you have one ) at any player you like. OP always says "-Any time you have the gun , you must aim it a player." So it's mandatory to aim, and one can only change the aim after another action.
*Player 3 chooses to AIM at Player 2.

OP says "After 1 of the above action is resolved, i will need everybody to publicly said if they would like do their equipment cards. After everyone has done their action, the Lead Investigator moves to the next player ."
OP says "-Multiple equipment cards may be used may be played before an action is resolved "
This looks confusing, how do they use their equipment, in which order? There are pieces of equipment that interfere with each other.

*Let's say Player 1 chose to use Truth Serum. He selects Player 2. Player 2 chooses to reveal card #1 Honest.
*No one else wants to use equipment.

*Game moves to next Phase, Player 4 being the investigator.

Phase 2
*Lead Investigator is Player 4.
*Player 4 chooses to Investigate. He looks at card #1 from Player 3 and sees Kingpin. He can shout Kingpin but has no evidence since only he saw the card (via the host telling him by PM).
*Equipment round:
*Player 3 chooses Fake ID - Swap two role cards. He swaps card #1 from him with card #1 from Player 4. Roles have changed:
*Player 1 has #1 Agent Role #2 Crooked #3 Crooked => Agent
*Player 2 has #1 Honest #2 Crooked #3 Honest => Honest Cop
*Player 3 has #1 Honest (swapped) #2 Crooked #3 Crooked => Crooked
*Player 4 has #1 Kingpin (swapped) #2 Honest #3 Honest => Kingpin

Phase 3
*Lead Investigator is Player 1

Is that how it's supposed to work?

P.S. I have more questions about equipment cards which are not self-explanatory, but I would like to understand the mechanics first and validate my assumptions above.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Contabile
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 21 2017, 12:26 PM
Yes everything you say is correct http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif ( Thanks for that little mini game example )
I never really thought about equipment cards interfering but the only simple solution is 'First come , First serve'
Whoever publicly reveals there their would like to use Equipment cards go First and so on ( After everyone has said if they would like use any equipment card , then only the action is resolved ) (Lead Investigator may also use Equipment card )

Can you Please List down cards you don't understand?
And thanks for Replying to every single Game Ideas i make http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif

UPDATE: When you get a gun , immediately aim it at someone . You can only changed it during the Aim phase ( After the main Phase is done )
Contabile
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 8 2017, 01:23 PM
Would anyone like to give this a try??
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Non-Mafia Games | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll