Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Social injustices...., how far have we gone...???
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 12 2011, 12:11 AM
@mo - what a cop out. I put all that effort into my argument and you gave nothing. Did I back you into a corner, hey? Uh-huh http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif

@Phaze - Good point. You've summed this up very nicely. Though when we define "social injustice" as listed in the OP, it becomes clear it is unjust rather than the type of injustice espoused by so-called "innocent" people sitting in a jail cell.

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 12 2011, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Auramyna @ Jul 11 2011, 11:11 PM)
@mo - what a cop out.  I put all that effort into my argument and you gave nothing.  Did I back you into a corner, hey?  Uh-huh http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif

@Phaze - Good point.  You've summed this up very nicely.  Though when we define "social injustice" as listed in the OP, it becomes clear it is unjust rather than the type of injustice espoused by so-called "innocent" people sitting in a jail cell.

Cop out? If you couldn't see the sarcasm in my post then tongue.gif . The point was to show that one can't really argue that social injustice is anything but bad (kinda like my baby seals debate)

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 12 2011, 04:16 AM
Yeah I got the meaning of your post. But you could've twisted my words the way I twisted yours and got a bit more mileage out of the debate. It's all about mileage, beybay! I was just getting warmed up. tongue.gif
Edit- But yeah, I don't really get the idea of this thread due to the point you mentioned. I guess that's all the more reason to satirize it; what else can we do with what we were given? Call it teenage idealism.

This post has been edited by Auramyna: Jul 12 2011, 04:19 AM

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

- John Cleese

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 16 2011, 11:01 PM
I believe (without the sarcasm) that injustice needs to be dealt with by an authority that will be respected by all. This way, no one can beef about wrong decisions and/or hierarchy.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
EDM
The Smiley Queen!!! :D :D :D
Group Icon
Awards: 7

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 01:21 AM
*Thanks, Slick...http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/smile.gif

But what if that authority has a grudge against people? shouldn't there be a system of checks & balances? No one's perfect....so injustices can go on with anyone. For e.g: Some people think that they are more superior to others due to race, gender, age, etc. How do you solve issues with people like that? http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

I AM ALWAYS what everyone thinks they sometimes are.....CRAZY!!! user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 06:59 AM
QUOTE (EDM @ Jul 17 2011, 12:21 AM)
*Thanks, Slick...http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/smile.gif

But what if that authority has a grudge against people? shouldn't there be a system of checks & balances? No one's perfect....so injustices can go on with anyone. For e.g: Some people think that they are more superior to others due to race, gender, age, etc. How do you solve issues with people like that? http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

I meant respected as well as elected. Sorry. Yes, not one person can do the job of many, it takes team work and nice minds to work together. This cannot happen over night though, it can be rectified over many years if enough individuals will see the light in repairing the damage that had been bestowed upon our loving people who didn't deserve to be screwed-over.

As far as dictatorship, they need to be ousted if they are wrongful to the major public that they seem to be concerned with.
I am no god though there is not one human in the world who can create all of this and make it perfect in the same decade. Who are we to say that things are incorrect as a whole? On the other hand, I want someone to watch my back when I sleep at night............

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 07:12 AM
Now a system of checks and balences are fine if workable but, they need to work for the entire area as opposed by others that it complicates. I am a believer of peace though, it can be argued forever so, there is no reason to keep up this unless somebody is active in the brainden archive regarding this issue. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/sneakyhug.gif

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Jul 17 2011, 07:18 AM

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 07:31 AM
My next/and hopefully last thought is that I do not want anyone to say that my belief is objectionable though, I am sure it will be argued over. Peoples seem to do much better without a dictator etc.....

Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 14

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 07:17 PM
This isn't going to end well...

In the OP is listed types of "social injustice." One of those is violence... Which is strange because I thought violence toward another was called................. crime? The whole term "social justice" is psychological wordplay. Makes it sound all good so that people agree with it, not caring what it really means or what effects it will actually have. These days, at least in the US, it is widely used as an avenue for Marxism... Redistribution of wealth so that everything is "fair." And THAT is dangerous...

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
Mod of Shenanigans
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-3
G: 4-4
I: 4-1
O: 2-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 10:30 PM
<3 Marxism

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I hate it when stupid gets reinforced - maurice
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning. user posted image
Head hurt yet?
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-4
G: 9-9
I: 0-4
O: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 11:51 PM
QUOTE (_maurice @ Jul 18 2011, 02:30 PM)
<3 Marxism

Groucho was quite the entertainer

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 17 2011, 11:51 PM
Anti marx bros. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/highfive.gif

Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: 3

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 21 2011, 07:03 PM
Baby seals? A baby seal walked into a club...BA DUMP BUMP.

"poverty, abuse, violence, human trafficking, vices, corruption, discrimination in all its forms, etc...."

I don't see a lack of justice in most of the items named, at least in their broadest definitions. It's not unjust to be poor or to have a vice or to see corruption or violence. That's just life. And often a choice. Yes, I'm fairly certain people in third world countries choose their lives of poverty.

No one person can be a crusader for every cause out there. If I had to choose, I'd save orphans (truly it is an injustice for children not to have parents - I'd like to kill a dictator for this problem), victims of human trafficking, and bears. Yes, all bears.

Insert something witty here [______________].
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 22 2011, 09:26 AM
Except for the "Hamm's" bear in the commercial. I don't like that one.

\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 23 2011, 07:20 AM
QUOTE (onetruth @ Jul 22 2011, 08:33 AM)

That's just life. And often a choice. Yes, I'm fairly certain people in third world countries choose their lives of poverty.

Is that a joke? Or has someone hacked your account? If not, please explain what you mean by that.

- sparrowhawk

- John Cleese

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Debates | Next Newest »

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll