Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Social injustices...., how far have we gone...???
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: 3

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 24 2011, 06:05 PM
I'm fairly certain it was sarcasm. I suppose I can be a difficult read. Save the bears.

Insert something witty here [______________].
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 25 2011, 01:08 AM
QUOTE (onetruth @ Jul 25 2011, 07:35 AM)
I'm fairly certain it was sarcasm. I suppose I can be a difficult read. Save the bears.

The " I'm fairly sure" sounded like sacasm but then the preceding part threw me off. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/facepalm.gif *whoosh* **Words go flying over Aura's head at a rapid pace**

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Consigliere
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 25 2011, 11:43 PM
I throw sarcasm in with non-sarcasm. Why anyone would do that except to cause utter confusion is beyond me.

I hate myself. But I love bears.

EDM
The Smiley Queen!!! :D :D :D
Group Icon
Awards: 7

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 26 2011, 07:29 AM
You know, animal cruelty DOES fall under social injustices (no, I never added it; the animal lovers did....tongue.gif)

I feel that poverty makes a person do a lot of bad things; but at the same time, I've noticed that the wealthier you are, the more crap you do and crime is higher among the rich although most of it gets covered up.....dry.gif

I AM ALWAYS what everyone thinks they sometimes are.....CRAZY!!! user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

Consigliere
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 26 2011, 06:01 PM
EDM, are you talking about a specific group of people? The Mafia, perchance?

I don't love animals. Just bears. Ooh, and horses.

I don't think poverty or wealth increase crime...a lack of morals and conscience do that.

EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 27 2011, 06:42 AM
OT, I was actually talking about evil capitalists and politicians (emphasis on politicians)....poverty does not increase crime.....it just is a major cause of petty crime....and yes, lack of morals and conscience is another factor....which is the reason for 'rich' crimes.....http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/sigh.gif

I AM ALWAYS what everyone thinks they sometimes are.....CRAZY!!! user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

Mod of Shenanigans
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-3
G: 4-4
I: 4-1
O: 2-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 27 2011, 10:46 AM
QUOTE (EDM @ Jul 27 2011, 05:42 AM)
...poverty does not increase crime.....it just is a major cause of petty crime....

Sorry to burst your bubble. Yes lack of morals is probably a root cause of crime. But poverty does increase crime, and not just petty crime. Unless murder, burglary, etc are petty crimes.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I hate it when stupid gets reinforced - maurice
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning. user posted image
Banjomeister
Awards: 4

B: 4-4
G: 11-11
I: 0-2
O: 0-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 27 2011, 03:41 PM
True on both accounts Mo

Rock...Paper...Scissors...BANJO!

I win user posted image

QUOTE (_aura @ Oct 18 2015, 05:41 AM)

"Do you, Aura, want to spend the rest of your life saying 'Holy s***, SaaB!'?"

" *srs face* Yes. Yes, I do. user posted image "

"You may now twist Aura's words"
Consigliere
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 27 2011, 10:43 PM
Depends on who's being murdered or burglarized. And where the body is buried.

Haha...Sorry, EDM, I'm such a jerk. Seriously, though...

Poverty doesn't murder people. People murder people.

Save the bears.

EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 28 2011, 03:25 AM
http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/facepalm.gif you didn't even get the point!!! http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/facepalm.gif

w/e.....Poverty is a major cause for crime in the world today....usually, it's for petty crimes....which LEAD to major crimes.......dry.gif

Edit: Save all the animals....except cockroaches and annoying bugs....dry.gif

This post has been edited by EDM: Jul 28 2011, 03:26 AM

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

Mod of Shenanigans
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-3
G: 4-4
I: 4-1
O: 2-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 28 2011, 03:33 AM
Look to say that poverty doesn't lead to crime, when the statistics show that poorer people commit crimes at a higher rate, says that poorer people are innately more criminal. I don't buy that. That is archaic in thinking.

Therefore, poverty is a contributor to crime rates.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I hate it when stupid gets reinforced - maurice
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning. user posted image
EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 28 2011, 05:03 AM
I didn't say that the poor are more criminal...I said that the rich are more criminal (refer: politicians...)

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 31 2011, 04:51 PM
What does it mean then? Why is it factual that poor neighborhoods have more dope, theft, fires, rapes, gangs and prostitution?

I think b/c they gave up on education to become successful and earn a living legally.

There is more to it but, that's part of it. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Jul 31 2011, 04:52 PM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 1 2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/facepalm.gif nice, Slick.....dry.gif tongue.gif

But seriously, it's a general fact that increase in population has led to an increase in crime since atleast half of our global population are idiots! mad.gif

Educate to save lives!!! biggrin.gif

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 1 2011, 07:46 AM
QUOTE (akaslickster @ Aug 1 2011, 06:21 AM)
What does it mean then? Why is it factual that poor neighborhoods have more dope, theft, fires, rapes, gangs and prostitution?

I think b/c they gave up on education to become successful  and earn a living legally.

There is more to it but, that's part of it. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif

So-o-o-o-o-o you're saying that these "poor neighbourhoods" (who somehow converted into people by the following sentence) choose to be uneducated, unemployed and do crime.

Let me break it down for you: people living in poverty have lower Life Chances™ than people who are more well off. That means they don't have the same level of opportunity available to them throughout their lives. On top of that, they lose hope and can only see limited options. It's very difficult to go to school, get a job, etc if you don't have a stable income and housing to begin with.

It is also difficult to break out of negative living conditions or a negative lifestyle. Sure, people have choices, but some have more choice than others. Some have to fight a s***load harder to keep their heads above water.

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Debates | Next Newest »

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5 
Add Reply
New Poll