Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

US vs World Politics, etc., Started off btw. Shad and Aura
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 4 2011, 12:19 AM
/topic derailed
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
by two mods

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Caporegime
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 19 2012, 07:57 PM
What a question, is the U.S. better then 3rd world countries?... I think that's pretty obvious, as for whats wrong with the U.S....where to start http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/XD.gif

Warning... long ass read

Content Hidden
Head hurt yet?
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-4
G: 9-9
I: 0-4
O: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 19 2012, 09:51 PM
The US

The only place where you have the consitutional right to shoot yourself in the foot.
Possessing a firearm does not make you less likely to die in a gunfight it makes everyone (including you) more likely to.
Arrest John Dickinson, Gouverneur Morris, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Thomas Paine, Edmund Randolph, James Madison, Roger Sherman, James Wilson, and George Wythe and charge them with terrorism.

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008
The Accused
Awards: 6

B: 7-5
G: 21-10
I: 3-5
O: 6-8
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 19 2012, 11:52 PM
QUOTE (SirBlayzalot @ Jul 19 2012, 06:57 PM)
What a question, is the U.S. better then 3rd world countries?... I think that's pretty obvious, as for whats wrong with the U.S....where to start http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/XD.gif

Warning... long ass read

That was a great read. I for one would love another list.

user posted image

Weak Minds Think iLike
Caporegime
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 20 2012, 02:45 PM
kk I could write another huge list... but I'll do you one better... I'll post a couple news clips about some scary s*** going on... also a few clips from confirmed ex-CIA agents outing the government on illegal federal offenses that they've been involved in... some scary stuff going on man... a lot of people are standing up against the government... the armed militia is getting huge and protecting protestors... independent news channels are being created.. celebrities have been talking out against it... even news anchors have been talking out against it... Anonymous is worldwide now and the Ron Paul movement was MASSIVE... there is a lot of corruption and greed going on in the government and its causing death and destruction all over the world... but without further adieu... I present the hours of clips to scare the nuts off ya biggrin.gif

Content Hidden

these are only individual interviews with the CIA agents, I suggest watching more... also anything from RT news is really good...

This post has been edited by SirBlayzalot: Jul 20 2012, 02:47 PM
Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 20 2012, 03:48 PM
There's a lot more I could say, but I just want to start with this:
In the late 1800s, when Congress first attempted to impose an income tax, the notion of taxing a citizen’s hard work was considered radical!

Something else considered radical in the 1800s: abolishing slavery. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif (Sorry if I'm invoking a corollary to Poe's Law.)

My point being: the world changes, mores change, expectations change, needs change. Just because someone thought something was a bad (or good) idea a long time ago, doesn't mean that it has to be that way today. We need to be flexible to react for the needs of current people, not the needs of the people 200 or even 2000 years ago.

Edit: typo

This post has been edited by sparrowhawk: Jul 20 2012, 03:49 PM

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
Caporegime
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 20 2012, 04:10 PM
ya totally true, but I ask you... the way the economy is run now, is it working out?... obviously something needs to be done.. maybe not reverting to the 1800's but income tax as a whole is destroying the American working man, and making money for the elites of the world...
An enigma wrapped inside a mystery
Awards: 13

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 21 2012, 03:15 PM
Playing devil's advocate here, but

If you want to gauge by current economic trends, perhaps it is time to go communist? It appears to working for China. tongue.gif

"You are but a simpleton, aren't you? user posted image" - Aura

"Is everyone around to flashvote?
Let's do this!!!!
Kill coolkid!!!
" - Plasmid

"I believe ck is a nice person. I also believe he was voted into a btsc and half that btsc is now dead." - Yuiop

"Well who asks more questions, gets closer to victory" -Alexey
"This is why we are killing CK" -GM

"s*** it is so goddamn scary to talk with CK." - Boq
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 21 2012, 04:17 PM
Nothing is perfect. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif

Y'all must pray that good will come. tongue.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Caporegime
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 21 2012, 09:44 PM
lol we gotta balance economic trends with human decency and fundamental freedoms... sure China makes a ton of dough, but they also sell baby girls on the streets because you are only allowed a certain number... thats like saying "well theres a lot of stupid people in America, why not use genocide, seems to work in Africa"

we can put together different political structures instead of taking someone elses that seems to be working a little bit better lol...

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 22 2012, 04:48 PM
I was playing devil's advocate, but now I do want to say,

I believe it is unfair to make a judgement about a foreign country based on bits of news and general unsubstantiated public opinion. There is much I could say on the subject, but I will limit myself to pointing out:

Other countries see news bits about US military drones and military aggression and whatnot. There is a general unsubstantiated opinion of the US as selfish, greedy, and flaunting its military power. Much of what the US does in outside countries is not seen as "humanitarian", but as a play for power.

Certainly, China is not perfect, but neither is the US. China restricts many political freedoms, but, for example, its government provides all its citizens with health care, which I think is a "human decency", and one that the US does not provide. It also has better subsidies for education. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

This post has been edited by coolkid: Jul 22 2012, 04:50 PM

Let's do this!!!!
Kill coolkid!!!
" - Plasmid

"I believe ck is a nice person. I also believe he was voted into a btsc and half that btsc is now dead." - Yuiop

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 22 2012, 07:37 PM
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. tongue.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Caporegime
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 23 2012, 02:02 AM
lol I have ripped apart the U.S. WAYYY more then China lol if you see above... and as for what I see in the news... I have BEEN to China... and I am TELLING you that is the way it is... I'm not saying all the people are terrible... I'm just saying the social norms there are pretty f***ed up... the lolita culture, the selling of babies... the eating of beloved animals... like the news doesn't do it justice man... like I said there are some nice people, but the government structure is atrocious...

anyways if you think in any way I like the U.S. government, I implore you to read my article above, and watch a few videos... and you will probably hate the U.S. as much as I do biggrin.gif
(again not the people but the government structure)

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 23 2012, 02:18 PM
Social norms are certainly relative. In some Muslim cultures, the fact that women are allowed to walk around sans head covering is deemed atrocious.

The fact that dogmeat is more commonly consumed in China and other Oriental countries may seem terrible to you, but it is the norm in these countries and in many cultures throughout history. And, the dogs they eat are not their pets, they, like the chickens, pigs, and cows eaten in most industrialized countries, were raised specifically for purposes of eating. Many countries around the world also eat rabbit, and personally, I find it quite tasty.

I agree that the Chinese government has many problems, mostly with corruption and bribery, and that the fact that young women often attempt to "get in" with rich, affluent men rather than make a living for themselves is quite unfortunate, but prostitution is not uncommon if illegal in every country, and "gold-digging" certainly isn't uncommon or illegal.

I dated a lovely Chinese girl for many years and had many discussions with her family, which made me believe the "baby girl-selling" was exaggerated, but if you have hard statistics, I will accept them. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

I am not trying to assert that the Chinese government is good or even better, my assertion is that from the perspective of other countries and cultures, the US government and social norms are just as "f**ked up" as the Chinese appears to some.

I believe its better to keep an open mind and consider logically the social and economic consequences of certain forms of government or changes to the government rather than claiming they are bad because you find the social norms distasteful.

Let's do this!!!!
Kill coolkid!!!
" - Plasmid

Caporegime
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 24 2012, 03:05 AM
having sex with underage girls in any culture is abhorrent, and this is a huge part of Chinese culture... the Lolita look is fashion, and grown women are made to dress like underage girls to look more appealing to the men... you don't find anything wrong with that...

anyways off topic, as cynical as it sounds... I hate every every government structure out there... yet my idealistic perception of what the government should and should not be doing will never be realized... so I pretty much hate everyone equally lol

but as far as the original point, U.S. politics are bordering on 1st world martial law... which should never happen, because they are supposed to be a country thats setting an example for the rest of the world... it is falling further and further to a 3rd world nation... there is going to be a second American revolution very soon
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Debates | Next Newest »

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll