Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

BROWSER WARS, Defend your means of web surfing

What is the browser you use most often?
Internet Explorer 8 [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Internet Explorer 7 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Internet Explorer <6 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Firefox 3.x [ 16 ]  [44.44%]
Google Chrome [ 18 ]  [50.00%]
Safari [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Opera [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
I'm still a G
Group Icon
Awards: 6

B: 7-7
G: 22-18
I: 0-3
O: 5-10
TB: N/A
TG: N/A
  Posted Nov 14 2010, 01:03 AM
agreed smile.gif

shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Nov 23 2010, 02:36 PM
Adding a vote and my two cents in this "war".

I used to love FF and use it both at home and at work. After Chrome appeared, I kinda drifted to it for home. I mean, it's light. God knows I've seen enough toolbars and stuff, don't really need them all the time. Agreeing with sparrowhawk, moving to Chrome definitely meant more scrolling if you're checking a lot of tabs and going back and forth much. After a while, it's not so obvious, maybe I got accustomed to it.

Against FF, to this day, I hold the leaking/memory consumption problem. In our work environment almost every day I caught junior SDs waiting minutes for Firefox to load after hot-deploying something. After a couple of hours without closing the browser that is. And at the same time, they were using Chrome for ... a more personal experience with the web smile.gif
I still recommend FF for work-environments with 1 condition - restart whenever you go on a smoking break biggrin.gif Try stuff that you're sure works on Chrome, debug / polish in Firefox.

And I refuse to comment on IE. I've had it with IE users (as a sort of tech support for a while) so besides basic compliance, now I couldn't care less what works in IE.
Funny story though, for a couple of years, I had the privilege of having a weird IE6 build on one of my work stations that was a test-failer for a lot of different projects (and versions/builds). Our fellow testers were unable to duplicate that particular build for ages. It gave a lot of false negatives (again, weird-hard-to-find-build), but it never missed a beat http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5719/winkj.gif Writing things that worked on the first try on that IE was a sort of rite-of-passage for newbies.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Contabile
Awards: 1

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Nov 23 2010, 03:12 PM
QUOTE (Brandonb @ Nov 13 2010, 07:53 PM)
user posted image

laugh.gif
Good one Bb! http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/471/thumbsupv.gif

The light of knowledge guides us through the dark forest of life - JarZe
The Accused
Awards: 6

B: 7-5
G: 21-10
I: 3-5
O: 6-8
TB:
TG:
  Posted Dec 2 2010, 10:07 AM
QUOTE (JarZe @ Nov 23 2010, 02:12 PM)
laugh.gif
Good one Bb! http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/471/thumbsupv.gif

Lol, thanks smile.gif
Just picked up a new black friday laptop, and the very very first thing I did was use IE to download FF tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Brandonb: Dec 2 2010, 10:08 AM

user posted image

Weak Minds Think iLike
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Mar 13 2011, 05:34 PM
I'm upset with Firefox b/c lately for some reason, these images are sent via email to me and are not loading or showing up so, I need to forward them to my gmail to view or go on my yahoo via Int. Exp. I can't figure out what went wrong as of yet. I even reinstalled yahoo firefox and dsame thing.
Luckily I.E. and gmail are doing fine. Here is what I missed.

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Mar 13 2011, 05:36 PM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The Lampost
Awards: 1

B: 2-7
G: 6-14
I: 1-5
O: 2-10
TB:
TG:
  Posted Mar 13 2011, 06:19 PM
I use Google chrome on my PC and firefox on my Dad's laptop, they are both pretty good, I think I prefer Google Chrome though, a bit more slick.

I don't really use toolbars much though http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5651/post598012563908168249.gif , I do like the igoogle homepage.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Robert J. Hanlon

If you're unsure I'm probably trying to make a joke.
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Mar 13 2011, 06:31 PM
Maybe I need optimizing or something but, I don't want to play around unless I'm sure about what the problem actually is.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Not Maurice
Awards: 10

B: 6-6
G: 14-8
I: 2-5
O: 7-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Mar 17 2011, 01:30 PM
The igoogle homepage (and really any homepage) can be set in any browser.

Further, Firefox has the about:config which puts it a step ahead of any other browser I've used. I don't know if Chrome has anything like it (anyone) and I haven't checked Opera since I've been using the new computer.

I should append my PGP public key here...
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Mar 17 2011, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (Yuli @ Mar 17 2011, 07:30 PM)
Further, Firefox has the about:config which puts it a step ahead of any other browser I've used.  I don't know if Chrome has anything like it (anyone) and I haven't checked Opera since I've been using the new computer.

Chrome (still) does not have about:config. sad.gif

But it has other hidden about: pages. One of them, about:memory, shows all chrome processes (chrome.exe) and each running plugin with their purpose, full description and other stats. You can't really kill individual processes from there, but since you know their PID, you can RID Kill them in the proper task manager smile.gif

Cute thing is that it detects and shows other running browsers in this mini-task manager.
And also chrome://settings/ is way nicer than Firefox's normal settings.

So, still, multi-process browsers (Chrome) rule!

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Apr 2 2011, 07:32 AM
Downloaded Firefox 4 yesterday (during the April Fools' Day Prank) ... it moved very fast compared to my previous version.

laugh.gif Most of that speed was probably from the add-ons that were disabled because FF found no compatible version.

But still... http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/hmm.gif ... I *might* just go back to using Firefox again on a daily basis.
PRO:
- Browser start and overall browsing speed is now very close to what I get with Chrome 10.
- Firebug still beats any Chrome or IE Development add-on.

This post has been edited by araver: Apr 2 2011, 07:32 AM

user posted image
Explosive!
Awards: 5

B: 3-2
G: 4-8
I: 0-1
O: 2-1
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 6 2011, 02:31 PM
I vastly prefer FF but at work I'm forced to use IE7 (was 6 until a couple months ago). IE7 is manageable but I'd prefer FF or even Chrome.

I prefer FF to chrome however. Safari is "ok" but not as good as FF or chrome. Still better than IE though.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher.
Not Maurice

B: 6-6
G: 14-8
I: 2-5
O: 7-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 6 2011, 04:32 PM
I think the general consensus is Firefox.

My list (after going back through about:config =P)
Firefox > Opera > IE7+ > Safari > IE6.

I haven't taken chrome for a test ride yet. But I will. I promise.

I separate IE6 and 7+ for a few reasons. IE7 eliminated the ability to call explorer.exe as another user in a windows environment. This is a big no-no. But it provides tabbed browsing. A big plus. I figured I can always call cmd.exe as admin, but I'll never be able to open tabs in IE6. =/ I used Safari as an IE alternative for awhile just because it wasn't so heavy (it was more processor friendly). But FF does way better in that field (and Chrome, apparently). With so many google add-ons, though, I'm sure Chrome is subject to a lot of them. I hate browser add-ons for the most part (especially search engines). I have you as my homepage, Google. When I want to search, I bring up another tab with google. I don't need your cursed search bar next to my url.

I should append my PGP public key here...
Explosive!
Awards: 5

B: 3-2
G: 4-8
I: 0-1
O: 2-1
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 6 2011, 04:35 PM
yeah I am a huge (not fan) of addons... the only one I use in FF right now is Zotero, and its because it makes research references easier...

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher.
Cassandra

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 6 2011, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (Glycereine @ Apr 6 2011, 03:35 PM)
yeah I am a huge (not fan) of addons... the only one I use in FF right now is Zotero, and its because it makes research references easier...

Firefox is my primary browser. I use Chrome for some things. I avoid IE like the plague (as I have noted before). My office "updated" to IE7 about a year ago, but disabled tabbing, so it's really no better than IE6 (and therefore worse, according to Yuli).

I don't use many addons, but the one I do use is Firebug, which makes debugging HTML, Javascript, and CSS a lot easier on FF. Chrome comes packaged with something very similar, so that helps too. There's not much I can do with IE. sad.gif

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Apr 6 2011, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Apr 6 2011, 11:02 PM)
I don't use many addons, but the one I do use is Firebug, which makes debugging HTML, Javascript, and CSS a lot easier on FF.  Chrome comes packaged with something very similar, so that helps too.  There's not much I can do with IE. sad.gif

Off-topic (sorta): IE Developer Toolbar + MultiIE sad.gif Not a Firebug equivalent but when debugging for something used primarily by IE users, it saves your ... time.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Debates | Next Newest »

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll