Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ghost BTSC
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 21

B: 13-12
G: 27-21
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Nov 21 2017, 03:08 PM
Roles and actions to be posted here.

Your choice if you want to read the spoilers:
Spoiler for roles

Draw order from ability pool:
11) Save, Oracle, Spy, Spy, RID Kill, Block, Vote hack, Save, Oracle, RID Kill, Kill ...
3) Kill, Block, Vote hack

Spoiler for Night 1

Spoiler for Night 2

Spoiler for Night 3

This post has been edited by araver: Nov 24 2017, 03:23 PM

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 21 2017, 03:11 PM
Edited up in the OP instead.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Nov 22 2017, 01:15 AM
It is funny that I claimed SH's role. Pretty cool that I was spot on about Shadow, though that was just part read and part opportunity. Her, Ina, and Marq all pinged my radar.

Is anyone blocking mo? I want to see a triple kill on mo. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

People will go whhaaaat?

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 22 2017, 02:54 PM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Nov 22 2017, 08:15 AM)
It is funny that I claimed SH's role. Pretty cool that I was spot on about Shadow, though that was just part read and part opportunity. Her, Ina, and Marq all pinged my radar.

Is anyone blocking mo? I want to see a triple kill on mo. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

People will go whhaaaat?

I am still on the road so likely NP delayed by an hour.

So far maurice RID kills self, Hirk tried Yuli instead of maurice, shadow kills maurice and... justdance forever is SAVing maurice.

So NP shows him targeted by both baddies and indy and saved by a role that he can safely claim.

And I still don't have a replacement so if he goes afk ... the goodies might have to reach an agreement without hearing from him.

Yuli is spot on with his Oracle showing Mo appears in a different list as baddie and Hirk dies without clearing Yuli ( though marq already did ).

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 22 2017, 02:56 PM
Also. A bit I haven't mentioned after DP DP does not show hamelac. A very risky gamble for baddies would be to out another D1 as the wrong role and avoid rid kills for the rest of the game. If I were in the game I'd certainly credit SH with pulling smth like this as fast response to Yuli's quick results.

user posted image
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Nov 22 2017, 03:25 PM
Hahahahahahaha

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 13

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Nov 22 2017, 04:08 PM
Oh my god... I put the wrong name... I meant mo... lol

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 22 2017, 04:14 PM
Added Hirkala

Added actions for N2 in the OP in this thread.

This is an interesting D2.

The key factor I think is that the RID Kill on maurice appears because it was correct. Hirk's RID kill does not appear. Had Hirk been alive, he would've noticed the difference and figure out that the baddies can't possibly know maurice's role that easily. With Hirk not being able to speak up, it's up to Yuli to reinforce his results. And SH to trust Marq trusting Yuli.

And yes, I get it that it looks lopsided in the goodies vs baddies war but I think a fact is overlooked: Indy could've won this night or this day.
Case #1 - had Indy killed (blindly, yes) 1 target N1 and 1 target N2 -> insta win.
Case #2 - had Indy maniped the vote on Nana (she was actually on the Indy win) and can manip the vote today to another target.
I haven't seen a lot of talk over that D1/N2, except dismissing Nana's points which I think were valid.

Case #2 is unlikely after N2 post was up, unless some risky gamble from the Indy to exchange ability after D1.
And case #1 is impossible since Shadow chose not to kill N1 and not a target on her list N2.

But in what I random-ed on paper, my assumption was that the Indy would try to kill every night given the chance. And that in turn favored baddies more than goodies. So all the goodie power was there to balance a potential -1 from NK, -1 from Indy kill and maybe another -1 from a baddie NK per night. 8 goodies would resist 2 nights if that happened. Not to mention, baddies were 1 vote away from tying the D1 lynch.

I thought I designed an inherently "massacre"-ending game while this particular run turned out to be extremely fast info-gaining and lower than average dying.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 22 2017, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (Hirkala @ Nov 22 2017, 11:08 PM)

lol. you said "One of Yuli and mo are lying." I agree, but that Yuli did not look like an auto-correct version of mo http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

Besides, it would've shown as a triple kill on mo blocked by one tiny save, so http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif

user posted image
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Nov 22 2017, 04:52 PM
There are only 2 rid kills and np shows baddie with 1. And baddie target both playets who claimed rid kill

So, 1 them bad or lied

-from Cracked News
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 13

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Nov 23 2017, 02:41 AM
QUOTE (araver @ Nov 22 2017, 03:19 PM)

lol. you said "One of Yuli and mo are lying." I agree, but that Yuli did not look like an auto-correct version of mo http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

Besides, it would've shown as a triple kill on mo blocked by one tiny save, so http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif

Yes, but with a Goodie RID Kill on him, it would have provided more doubt that he is good. With the Indy and Baddie trying to kill him only, it basically clears him. It's only Yuli's word that he's the Baddie now... That's not a great strategy for convincing. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 23 2017, 03:39 AM
QUOTE (Hirkala @ Nov 23 2017, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (araver @ Nov 22 2017, 03:19 PM)

Yes, but with a Goodie RID Kill on him, it would have provided more doubt that he is good. With the Indy and Baddie trying to kill him only, it basically clears him. It's only Yuli's word that he's the Baddie now... That's not a great strategy for convincing. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif

Yes, it would have cleared your claim and where the other rid kill is. I forgot about that.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 23 2017, 03:18 PM
Hmm. After 2 lynches in a row and a missed kill, it would be very hard for the Indy to come back. Evading all the goodie actions for one night + finding a target + getting an escape goat tomorrow ... tough odds.

user posted image
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 18

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Nov 23 2017, 07:59 PM
I'm mostly against complaining about any game design that is essentially experimental or at least not traditional but seeing new things. And I especially trust that you put in the testing beforehand which was more than just thinking these things in your head.

But from a baddie perspective I will just add this, my frustration was not with the numbers it wasn't even with all the info Gathering rolls. It was more with not being able to assign a role to a action so that I had few choices in a row to claim day 2. Whereas I could have said go there hasn't been a block maybe I can claim that roll and say why I haven't blocked or something to that effect. But I also get that that was part of the experimentation so again I will withhold any kind of judgment. I actually blame the Baddie Massacre on Nana and I having BTSC. As I said we have never had any kind of success in that situation. Which is weird because we make great alliances

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Nov 24 2017, 01:36 AM
Thank you. Experimental it was but there needs to be a lesson learned here.

I did paper runs but as I said before, the Indy wincon strongly implied she needs either vote hack or kill to fulfill it. So she always had one of those, even not specifically in the OP. And my paper runs created the impression that most games would be tilted towards a massacre of the goodies by baddie plus indy (with crossfire appearing but rarely) and at least one mislynch. It was supposed to be a short game 4-6 phases so info gaining for goodies had to be quick enough or otherwise the baddies plus indy would control the lynch easily and then you get an ending wherr a team of goodies finally had the knowlege but can't stop the others anyway. Ability claiming was the focus and yes, I thought and probably dismissed too early the idea of abilityID kills (SH tells me that in PMs but he'll tell it himself as a ghost soon). My bias came from disastruous runs from the goodies on paper.

And after seeing the effect in this run, I'm more inclined to shelf the design as it creates a very wide range of starting faction balancing (depending on drawn abilities and switches/ lucky actions N1). I liked the deal or switch mechanic though. Perhaps I was blinded in that, but it certainly warranted a try.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Orville I | Next Newest »

Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll