Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAME IDEAS

When you feel your game idea is fully ready to be played, please START A NEW TOPIC in Games Ready with the final RIDs, rules, FAQ and prologue if applicable. Thanks, MafiaManiac Staff

Add Reply
New Poll

The World Ends With You Mafia
What is life
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 09:01 PM
Players [Defeat Mafia and Indy(Unless Indy wincon is met)]
Neku Sakuraba - The main protagonist of the story. He has awoken alone in Shibuya, unable to be seen by any of the humans. He now finds himself playing the game in order to survive. Choose to gain BTSC with one player.
Shikki Misaki - Another one of the players in the game. Self conscious, but kind and caring. She seeks to win the games and has partnered herself with Neku. Vote Multiplier 3x or 1x
Joshua - A mysterious and enigmatic fellow. Has long observed the games but has finally decided to play them himself, he seems to know more than he lets on. Faction Spy
Beat - Another of the players. He has formed a pact with Rhyme and together they seek to win. He can sometimes try a little to hard, but in the end he really does care about Rhyme and his friends. Block
Rhyme - Another of the players. She has formed a pact with Beat and together they seek to win. While she lacks dreams, she wants to help Beat win so that he can achieve his dreams of being a pro skateboarder. Bodyguard
Nao - A city girl and the girlfriend of Sota. They might seem like any of the other distant people of Shibuya, but in reality they are actually quite nice. Messenger (100 characters maximum)
Sota - Nao's boyfriend. He's actually a lot more sensitive than you would think with his tough looks. Save (Cannot save the same target twice in a row.)
Koki Kariya - A long standing Reaper in the game. He has denied promotion countless times, preferring to be on the field. While it is their job to erase the players, even he can tell something is amiss. Kill (Also is registered as mafia)
Uzuki Yashiro - An up and coming Reaper who wants to gain promotions. She usually finds herself stations with Koki and they often play games to make the job more fun. Trap (Also is registered as mafia)

Reapers: [Outnumber town and Indy] (Mafia Kill + BTSC + Trade Kill for 2 RID Kill (Both have to be correct to work)
Megumi Kitaniji - The stand in for the current composer. He is in charge of all the games in Shibuya. Though his goals remain unclear. Block
Mitsuki Konishi - One of the strongest and most well respected Reapers. Known as the 'Iron Maiden'. Seeks only perfection with her flawless, yet cruel, strategies. Vote Redirect
Yodai Higashizawa - One of the newest Reapers up for a promotion. Megumi has given him permission to act as the Game Master for this game. .Follow Spy + 1X Bulletproof(Night Only)

Sho Minamimoto [Outlive Neku, Joshua, Beat, and Megumi. Leaves game upon victory. Has to Kill at least one of the targets. Told if a target have died. If Impossible, be last standing]
Sho Minamimoto - A high ranking Reaper. Incredibly gifted but also incredibly flawed. Seeks to do whatever is necessary to jack Shibuya to become the next Composer.
Kill on even nights (If Blocked while killing, the kill will change to the blocker instead and the block will fail) Immune to kills.

RID Kills are unblockable and unsaveable but bodyguards do work.
Traps are protected from kills, stop the player from acting, and prevent them from speaking or being lynched the next day.
Blocks are told if their action fails.

Blocks, Traps, Saves, Kills, and Bodyguard show in the np

This post has been edited by Hachi: Feb 15 2018, 09:03 PM
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 10:06 PM
Neku... Chooses a player or role? When does he choose? If player what happens if he picks non-goodie?

Registered as Mafia means faction spy result comes back red?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
Moderately Menacing Machine
Awards: 1

4-1
B: 2-1
G: 1-0
I: 1-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 10:26 PM
I know we discussed this before you went live with the thread, but did you decide ultimately if the faction spy come up blue, red, or green for the indy?
I only ask because, if they come up green, the miller roles aren't going to help shield Sho.

Thwarting CAPTCHA one at a time.
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 10:40 PM
Let me clarify that, he comes up as mafia.
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (maurice @ Feb 15 2018, 09:06 PM)
Neku... Chooses a player or role? When does he choose? If player what happens if he picks non-goodie?

He still gets btsc with them.

And yeah Means they get seen as a reaper. I'll clarify it next edition.
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 10:55 PM
QUOTE (Hachi @ Feb 15 2018, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (maurice @ Feb 15 2018, 09:06 PM)

He still gets btsc with them.

And yeah Means they get seen as a reaper. I'll clarify it next edition.

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/ohmy.gif

I like

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/muhaha.gif

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law

7.Hirkala-
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 11:18 PM
Also to clarify he picks a player, not a role.
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2018, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (Hachi @ Feb 15 2018, 09:18 PM)

ODTG or before N1?

7.Hirkala-
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 16 2018, 12:39 AM
QUOTE (maurice @ Feb 15 2018, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (Hachi @ Feb 15 2018, 09:18 PM)

ODTG or before N1?

OTDG
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Feb 16 2018, 11:51 AM
one suggestion i have is to name the game The World Ends With Mafia for funsies http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 16 2018, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Boquise @ Feb 16 2018, 10:51 AM)
one suggestion i have is to name the game The World Ends With Mafia for funsies http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

They're reapers though.
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Feb 18 2018, 05:21 PM
How does the bodyguard work? Does Rhyme say "bodyguard player X" and if player X gets killed then Rhyme dies instead? Does the killer also die, and if so then who dies if it's a group NK?

Also the goodies that get spied as baddie have actions that appear in the NP so if the baddie block has been lynched they could clear themselves with their action on the next night. That's not very breaking or anything since there would still be a penalty if the spy and the target both claiming while there's a double-RID option for the baddies, but still might not be what you want.
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 19 2018, 06:24 PM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Feb 18 2018, 04:21 PM)
How does the bodyguard work? Does Rhyme say "bodyguard player X" and if player X gets killed then Rhyme dies instead? Does the killer also die, and if so then who dies if it's a group NK?

Also the goodies that get spied as baddie have actions that appear in the NP so if the baddie block has been lynched they could clear themselves with their action on the next night. That's not very breaking or anything since there would still be a penalty if the spy and the target both claiming while there's a double-RID option for the baddies, but still might not be what you want.

QUOTE (plasmid @ Feb 18 2018, 04:21 PM)

She does die instead
The killer does not

It's mainly there to cast doubt on spies and give Sho some hiding space.

Damn I forgot to mention Sho is spied as Baddie.
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 19 2018, 11:33 PM
Players [Defeat Mafia and Indy(Unless Indy wincon is met)]
Neku Sakuraba - The main protagonist of the story. He has awoken alone in Shibuya, unable to be seen by any of the humans. He now finds himself playing the game in order to survive. Choose to gain BTSC with one player OTDG
Shikki Misaki - Another one of the players in the game. Self conscious, but kind and caring. She seeks to win the games and has partnered herself with Neku. Vote Multiplier 3x or 1x
Joshua - A mysterious and enigmatic fellow. Has long observed the games but has finally decided to play them himself, he seems to know more than he lets on. Faction Spy
Beat - Another of the players. He has formed a pact with Rhyme and together they seek to win. He can sometimes try a little to hard, but in the end he really does care about Rhyme and his friends. Block
Rhyme - Another of the players. She has formed a pact with Beat and together they seek to win. While she lacks dreams, she wants to help Beat win so that he can achieve his dreams of being a pro skateboarder. Bodyguard
Nao - A city girl and the girlfriend of Sota. They might seem like any of the other distant people of Shibuya, but in reality they are actually quite nice. Messenger (100 characters maximum)
Sota - Nao's boyfriend. He's actually a lot more sensitive than you would think with his tough looks. Save (Cannot save the same target twice in a row.)
Koki Kariya - A long standing Reaper in the game. He has denied promotion countless times, preferring to be on the field. While it is their job to erase the players, even he can tell something is amiss. Kill (Also is Spied as Mafia)
Uzuki Yashiro - An up and coming Reaper who wants to gain promotions. She usually finds herself stations with Koki and they often play games to make the job more fun. Trap (Also is Spied as Mafia)

Reapers: [Outnumber town and Indy] (Mafia Kill + BTSC + Trade Kill for 2 RID Kill (Both have to be correct to work)
Megumi Kitaniji - The stand in for the current composer. He is in charge of all the games in Shibuya. Though his goals remain unclear. Block
Mitsuki Konishi - One of the strongest and most well respected Reapers. Known as the 'Iron Maiden'. Seeks only perfection with her flawless, yet cruel, strategies. Vote Redirect
Yodai Higashizawa - One of the newest Reapers up for a promotion. Megumi has given him permission to act as the Game Master for this game. .Follow Spy + 1X Bulletproof(Night Only)

Sho Minamimoto [Outlive Neku, Joshua, Beat, and Megumi. Leaves game upon victory. Has to Kill at least one of the targets. Told if a target have died. If Impossible, be last standing]
Sho Minamimoto - A high ranking Reaper. Incredibly gifted but also incredibly flawed. Seeks to do whatever is necessary to jack Shibuya to become the next Composer.
Kill on even nights (If Blocked while killing, the kill will change to the blocker instead and the block will fail) Immune to kills. Spied as Mafia

RID Kills are unblockable and unsaveable but bodyguards do work.
Traps are protected from kills, stop the player from acting, and prevent them from speaking or being lynched the next day.
Blocks are told if their action fails.
Bodyguard dies in the place of the person they targeted. They do not kill the killer.

Blocks, Traps, Saves, Kills, and Bodyguard show in the np

This post has been edited by Hachi: Feb 19 2018, 11:33 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Game Ideas | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll