Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAMES READY

Place your game here when you feel it is ready to be played and you are ready to host!

Add Reply
New Poll

The Mafia Academy of Mystical Arts, Sign up for a tuition payment plan!
Evil Wizard
Group Icon
Awards: 4

B: 0-3
G: 7-4
I: 1-0
O: 3-1
TB: N/A
TG: N/A
  Posted Feb 15 2017, 10:02 AM
user posted image

The Mafia Academy of Mystical arts

Greetings and salutations prospective student,

We are excited to grant you this opportunity to attend the Gelberon Academy of Mystical Arts, the foremost institution of magical learning in Great Castlesburg. We offer a wide variety of classes in both spellcasting theory and application, from War Elemental Magicks to Practical Conjuration. We welcome students from all across Landland, so, in addition to fulfilling your academic pursuits, you may also immerse yourself in a rich, diverse university culture.

All prospective students are required to live on-campus in a designated dormitory, paid for in your tuition. This is to ensure the confidentiality of university activities. Don't worry, we provide many services required for living with cooperation from our merchant vendors. You will also be required to wear a university uniform at all times, designating your rank and seniority, especially if you are to be seen in public off campus. A detailed list of rules and regulations is included with the enclosed student packet.

Do not, however, let any of these restrictions cause you to bear any reservations about attending our prestigious college. Our faculty consists of the most eminent professors of the magical arts known to Landland, and we are committed to student learning and safety above all else. We look forward to seeing you here at the Gelberon Academy of Mystical Arts.

"Learning is not something you can control. What best to learn, however, is up to you to determine." - Archmage Drake Gelberon

Baddies

"Gelberon was a great man. You were never worthy to take on the mantle of Archmage." - Anaxes, the Evil Necromancer

After their victory over the heroes at Hamletsville, Anaxes and Zarkhator continued their march to the Academy, their legion of newly-enslaved dead following close behind. Anaxes and Zarkhator both have their own reasons for coming here, but Bel'Shazzar seems to have mysteriously vanished...

Night Kill - The baddies may choose one target to KILL every night. It has no carrier (though the NP may show a carrier purely for flavor/story).
Dark Blossom - The baddies may forgo their NIGHT KILL for two RID KILL attempts. These kills are not SAVABLE, but cannot be used two nights in a row.
Undead Legion - Every dead player becomes a Zombie, and the baddies can direct Zombies to vote during the day phase.

Anaxes, the Evil Necromancer
"It would seem appropriate for me to feel something in this place. Nostalgia, perhaps. But now, the only thing I feel at all is hatred."
Mind Slave - Here in the Academy, various wards and seals prevent Anaxes from unleashing his full power. However, he may still subtly influence a target's actions every night. REDIRECT.

Zarkhator, Fallen Archmage
"Hammon Stormwind... You took away all that I knew. I will put an end to your sad story."
Shadow Shackle - Summon chains of shadow to bind a target, which fade when touched by the light of dawn. BLOCK.

Wincon - Outnumber the goodies and kill Bel'Shazzar. Zombies do not count towards outnumbering.

Goodies

"Your quarrel is with me, Anaxes. Spare the children, if you've any humanity left." - Archmage Hammon Stormwind

The faculty and students of the Academy will not go down without a fight. Though relatively new to the ways of magic, they all have a role to play in stopping the Evil Necromancer's mad plan.

Archmage Hammon Stormwind
"We can overcome this if we all stick together."
Guardian Circle - Summon a magical sigil surrounding a target, protecting them from harm and blinding the undead. SAVE. Prevents Zombies from voting on the target the following day.

Lucielle Rubenhart
"This is the way it always is. Us common people getting caught in the crossfires of the powerful and affluent."
Fire Surge - Blast the target with a powerful gout of flame, charring them to the bone. KILL. Cannot kill Zombies, as they are harmed only by holy light.

Pyry Vindelson
"The things I've seen here... Who can say they're wrong? Maybe we do deserve to die..."
Ice Cage - Encase the target in impenetrable ice, effectively incapacitating them. TRAP (Block + Save + Silence + No vote). Zombies can be trapped too.

Arc Lethelsford
"The only thing of value I've learned here is that the real world would eat us up for breakfast. And it looks like the real world is hungry."
Silver Tongue - A decidedly more practical sort, Arc employs his skills of persuasion to steer others away from foolish actions. LYNCH SAVE.

Lyra Fidelsen
"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm lying low until this is all over. The faculty will sort it out soon."
Magic Parchment - Summons floating magical parchment upon which messages are relayed throughout the campus. BROADCAST. 20 word limit. Smilies count as 1 word.

Kris
"..."
Barricade - Kris uses its prodigious size and bulk to disrupt a target's nightly actions. BLOCK.
Sworn Protector - As Lyra's faithful crystal golem, Kris will die in her stead if Lyra is targeted for a night kill. Does not prevent RID kill.
Skull Crush - If Lyra dies, either from RID kill or lynch, Kris will lose its block and gain an RID kill. This RID kill is savable and blockable.

Natasha Hellergen
"The moon is red... red like wine."
Behold - Summon forth Natasha's missing eye and watch the target's every movement with it. FOLLOW SPY.
United by Blood - Shares a BTSC with Grace.

Grace Hellergen
"The stars are restless. The night goes cold."
Witness - Summon forth Grace's missing eye and watch all that happens to the target. LOOKOUT SPY.
United by Blood - Shares a BTSC with Natasha.

Winslow Ganes
"Just stay out of my way."
From Beyond the Grave - Winslow's dabbling in the illegal arts of Necromancy enable him to take vengeance after death. Every day and night phase, select another player who will die if you die. This must be done before the night/day ends or nothing will happen.

Marie Athlenel
"To take another's life is horrid enough. But to entomb their soul in their rotting corpse, forced to serve you for eternity, is a special kind of evil."
Sanctify - Purify a corrupted soul with holy light, and by bringing forth memories it had in life. RID ZOMBIE KILL - Marie can kill Zombies if she correctly guesses the role they were while alive.

Wincon - Kill all the baddies and Bel'Shazzar.

Indy

"War to peace, peace to war. What meaning is there to your worldly struggles? My ambitions are eternal." - Bel'Shazzar, Dark Emissary

Bel'Shazzar has long since abandoned Anaxes' entourage, bound for parts unknown. It is no mere coincidence that he shows up once more, here at the destination of their journey. He covets the Academy's secrets, but he may only obtain them amidst the death and destruction wreaked by Anaxes.

Bel'Shazzar, Dark Emissary
"I do so love it when all the pieces move into their places."
Insight of the Void - Bel'Shazzar communes with the dark gods, gaining information on his target and access to their mind. DIE ROLL - Randomly gain ROLE SPY, FACTION SPY, or FOLLOW SPY every night.
One Mind - If both baddies are killed, Bel'Shazzar gains control of the Zombies.

Wincon - Correctly guess five roles of other players, goodie or baddie, dead or alive. You get three guesses every night. Attempting to guess Magh-Makal's identity will always return a false.

Indy

"Makal shall consume in the void shall he seal your doom all things in his belly when flesh and blood become his all." - Mutterings of a Madman

The Maw of the Void. The Eternal Devourer. The One who Consumes. Magh-Makal is one of the dark gods. Their motives and actions are utterly unknowable, though many have tried to understand, inevitably degenerating into gibbering invalids. For this reason, it is probably best not to speculate on what a dark god could possibly want with the Academy.

Magh-Makal
"Kelmorghohlallk arhk'hagal mlegreghk'yezikh-tal!"
Consume - ???
Revelation - ???
Immortal - Magh-Makal cannot be killed by any means. If It is targeted for kill or lynch, the NP/DP will say It was SAVED.

Wincon - ???

OOP:

Redirect > Trap > Block > Kill. Baddie block takes priority.

No distinction is made between baddie or goodie block.

Kills are not blocking.

Players aren't told if they were redirected.

Tie lynch: Nobody dies.

Lynches reveal faction and nothing else.

user posted image user posted image
Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside:
The mechanized hum of another world

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness, I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Games Ready | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll