Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Player Etiquette

Please note that beside the general rules of the current game, there are a few important things players should avoid at all costs: PM repping, Illegal BTSC, Ghost Posts, Active Metagaming, Account sharing.
Please read about them in the Board Rules

Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Star Trek IV, Timelines Part 1
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 21

B: 13-12
G: 27-21
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 10:52 AM
Star Trek IV: Timelines Part 1 - the Fight for the Alpha Quadrant
this is obviously inspired by the game that mixes the timelines together allowing ... free stories http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif

user posted image

Factions and Roles:

Section 31 (S31) - a shadow organization that watches over the Federation, believing the ends always justify the means.
1. Luther Sloane (DIP, SCI, MED) - a former member of Starfleet Intelligence with a grudge against the Dominion.
2. Malcom Reed (SEC, ENG, COM) - a covert member of S31, serving as an armory officer aboard Enterprise NX-01.
3. Agent Harris (COM, SEC, SCI) - a highly placed operative in Starfleet Security.

Klingon Cardassian Alliance (KCA) - rooted in a mirror universe where the Terran Empire's expansionist policy has forced a fearsome alliance to be born.
4. Mirror Regent Worf (SEC, COM, SCI) - a Klingon regent of the KCA and commander in chief during the rebel uprising.
5. Mirror Garak (DIP, SEC, MED) - a resourceful Cardassian agent that unfortunately just lost Terok Nor to the Terran rebels.
6. Mirror Intendant Kira (COM, ENG, DIP) - the "prefect" of Bajor and Terok Nor in charge of mining and processing uridium ore using Terran slaves.

Maquis (MAQ)- an independent organization of Federation-born colonists and former Starfleet officers rebelling against the Cardassian occupation of their former homes.
7. Chakotay (COM, DIP, MED) - a Native-American former Starfleet officer, resigned after his tribe's colony was ceded to the Cardassians by the Federation
8. B'Ellana Torres (SEC, ENG, COM) - a Klingon-Human hybrid and a social outcast due to her anger issues, dropped out of her engineering speciality from the Starfleet Academy.
9. Ro Laren (DIP, SEC, SCI) - a Bajoran serving as a lieutenant in Federation Starfleet, later defected to the Maquis after a Cardassian attack

The Dominion (DOM) - natives of the Gamma Quadrant gathered as a coalition of species led by the shapeshifting Changeling and genetically engineered servants - the cunning Vorta and the vicious Jem'Hadar that have just invaded the Alpha Quadrant via a wormhole near Bajor.
10. Changeling Lovok (DIP, SEC, SCI) - a changeling impersonating a Romulan Tal Shiar Colonel with access to information about Alpha and Beta Quadrants
11. Kilana (DIP, COM, MED) - a female Vorta field supervisor in charge of a Jem'Hadar unit, sincere, understanding and completely manipulative.
12. Ixtana'Rax (SEC, COM, ENG) - a honored elder Jem'Hadar (survived more than 20 years) with tactical awareness.

Rules:
* WinCon is be the majority faction (e.g. 3 vs 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 or last standing), with a tie-win only possible in a 1 vs 1 scenario.
* There are no days, only night phases.
* Each faction starts without BTSC and can gain it by meeting - If 2 players from the same faction target the same player in a night or if one targets the other, they meet and establish BTSC between them following the next phase. Blocked players are counted as staying home/targeting self. If the third player meets with one of the two (by the same rule), he joins the BTSC.
* Each action requires a specific skill set to work (except for using boosters) and requires an item to be used.
* Each role has 3 skills out of the following 6: COM - Command, MED - Medical, SCI - Science, DIP - Diplomacy, ENG - Engineering, SEC - Security
* Each role starts with 2 items and can gain 1 by night (randomly). BTSC allows members to share their inventory freely.
* Items are spent when used and only one item can be spent per night (except replicator actions). Multiple items of the same type can be held at the same time. Boosters act as wildcards for skills that a player does not have and can be used in addition to an item (e.g. a character with DIP, COM, SEC may use a booster Power Cell to use Borg Nanites for the night).
* Order of actions: Boost >> Block >> Save >> Kill >> Spy >> Communication >> Transmutation (see the wiki for the meaning of >> in OOA, this one translates to same type of actions happen at the same time chronologically and can't be stopped by actions that happen afterwards). Replicator actions are instant so outside of the OOA.
** A blocks B who blocks C -> only B is blocked.
** A blocks B who blocks A -> both appear to be blocked (but will still count as targeting each other for BTSC meet rules)
** Kills are not blocking
** Blocked players are shown publicly in the night post as being blocked but not by whom.
** Killed players are shown publicly in the night only if kill is successful, including the role that did it.
** Saved players are not shown publicly in the night, but they will know privately they where saved from a kill and the role that saved them (but not the one that attempted the kill)
** Dead spies do not receive results at the end of the night.
** NP shows successful kills and blocks: Role X killed player Y OR Player Z got blocked.

Items (organized by actions):
A. Boost:
* Power Cell (ENG, SCI, MED) - Boost a player's action allowing him a wildcard (ENG/SCI/MED) in case he does not possess the skill
* Ancient Lessons (DIP, COM, SEC) - Boost a player's action allowing him a wildcard (DIP/COM/SEC) in case he does not possess the skill
* Replicator Ration - May be used as a wildcard along another item

B. Block:
* Stun Phaser (SEC) - Obviously stuns the target and blocks him/her for the night.
* Manipulation (DIP) - Manipulates a target into changing their plans for the night (block)
* Secret Orders (COM) - Secretly delivers a change order, relieving the target of the means to achieve their action for the night (block).

C. Kill:
* Phaser/Disruptor (SEC) - Completely removes the target from the game unless the target was immunized or beamed-away at the last minute.
* DNA Rifle (COM) - A special kind of rifle that works by genetically tracking its target, hence it requires previous knowledge of the target's role (RID Kill). Counts for BTSC meeting rules even if incorrect.
* Mercenary Hire (DIP) - Arrange for some highly skilled mercenaries to eliminate a target. Requires knowing the target's faction (FID Kill). Counts for BTSC meeting rules even if incorrect.

D. Save:
* Medical Tricorder (MED) - Immunizes the target using a secret dose of antibodies and cortico-stimulants, target can resist even major wounds for one night only.
* Borg Nanites (SCI) - Immunizes the target using researched nanites resembling Borg technology, saving them from 1 kill. Dissipates after a night.
* Beam Tracking Codes (COM) - Beams the target to safety if targeted for a kill.

E. Spy:
* Innocent Probing(DIP) - Quietly gathers information about the target through conversations, revealing his/her role to the diplomat.
* Authorization Codes (COM) - Uses a set of authorization codes to gain access to Starfleet information about an individual (Role spy)
* Data Probes (ENG) - Hacks streams of data to follow a target around and retrieve who she/he targeted the night before (Follow spy, will see player name if target acted on someone or nothing if inactive or blocked). Only the player being followed counts for BTSC meeting rules.
* Nanite Probes(ENG) - Crafts a self-assembling nanite spy that attaches to the target around and reports who targeted that person during the night (Reverse-Follow spy, will see players that acted on target, including self). Only the player being followed counts for BTSC meeting rules.
* Radiation Detector (SCI) - Using a newly discovered radiation and a simple workaround in modern-day detectors, this may tell how many players are alive in a faction at the end of the night. Targets a whole faction, not a player and appears as inactive if user is targeted by a follow spy. Does not count in any way for BTSC meeting rules, it is equivalent with a player staying home.

F. Replicator:
* Replication (*) - Each player can drop 2 items (or one item and a replicator ration or two replicator rations) to create a desired item out of the two. There is no restriction on the skill required to use the replicator. This action is resolved instantly and if it is legit (player has that in his inventory), the change in inventory is immediate and replicated item can be used the same night. Hence it is out of the order of actions as it cannot be blocked.
* Transmutation (ENG) - skilled engineers can convert an item to another item but only after a full night. The resulted item is available at the beginning of the next night. They are so skilled, they can use this in addition to their normal action (e.g. they can kill and transmute the same night)

G. Communication
* ComBadge(*) - Each player starts with 1 com-badge that can be used to send 1 non-signed message per night via host and cannot be lost. Communication requires no skill and can be done while using another item to act. Communication is blocked if the one sending the message is blocked. Any com-badge received via nightly drops can be used in parallel to existing one. Com-badges are shared in BTSC inventory with powerplay enabled. Sending a message to a player does NOT count towards establishing BTSC.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Sep 15 2017, 10:53 AM
Host: Araver
1. sparrowhawk
2. Hirkala
3. Sally
4. Okosan
5. Takari
6. maurice
7. Boquise
8. yuiop
9. IAWY
10. Majeswandar
11. plasmid
12. Insaner

Please don't post yet, as PMs go out (in random order http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif)

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Sep 15 2017, 11:23 AM
OK, so all of you got a PM, if you don't PM me.

Last minute clarifications / short checklist:
* each starts with 1 Com-badge, you cannot lose it nor get another. Message goes through the host only, specify target and message in your action PM.
* each starts with 2 other items, you'll find them in the PM. You get 1 other at the end of each Night. Each item has a skill or more needed to use OR an (*) denoting you can use it no matter the skill.
* items type A are Boosters. Only rations don't require a skill to be used
* items type B are blocking actions. Each requires a different skill.
* items type C are killer actions. Each requires a different skill.
* items type D are save actions. Each requires a different skill.
* items type E are spy actions. Each requires a different skill.
* type F can be played freely by players with marked skills. They do not require a certain item.
* type G can be played only by using the 1 and only com-badge you have.
* to sum up: you can use Com-badge + 1 Action (type B-E if you have the skill, lose the item in the process) + replicator (type F) the same night. Boosters (type A) can be used along with an action (lose the booster after use). You can always use Com-Badge and Replication (types G and F) regardless of your inventory status.

N1 ends Monday 2AM EDT. Rest of the phases will be 24 hours

Ping: Good luck & have fun http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/wink.gif
sparrowhawk
Hirkala
Sally
Okosan
Takari
maurice
Boquise
yuiop
Inawordyes
Majeswandar
plasmid
Insaner

Engage

user posted image
Trust me!
Group Icon
Awards: 3

8-5
B: 1-1
G: 5-3
I: 1-0
O: 0-1
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 12:04 PM
Ready for action! http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mafia.gif
Tell the world that I'm coming home
Awards: 4

B: 4-9
G: 11-13
I: 4-2
O: 5-12
TB:
TG: 0-1
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 12:26 PM
http://mafiamaniac.b1.jcink.com/uploads/mafiamaniac//My_Dork_Dance_by_Abfc.gif

I'm gonna do horrible haha. My apologies in advance. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/thumbsup.gif
Capo
Awards: None
2-3
B: 0-1
G: 1-1
I: 0-0
O: 1-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 12:28 PM
QUOTE (Inawordyes @ Sep 15 2017, 11:26 AM)
http://mafiamaniac.b1.jcink.com/uploads/mafiamaniac//My_Dork_Dance_by_Abfc.gif

I'm gonna do horrible haha. My apologies in advance. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/thumbsup.gif

Lol you're not the only one! http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/wave.gif

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 01:07 PM
I'm ready to boldly go!

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 18

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Sep 15 2017, 01:07 PM)
I'm ready to badly go!

Fixed.

Hey... Um. Who's on my team?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 08:24 PM
Hey guys I'm having a party tonight. Everybody meet up at my place

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law

1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 26

B: 9-8
G: 34-20
I: 3-6
O: 10-11
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 10:27 PM
lol what's life

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov

And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis

There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agathe Christie
Tell the world that I'm coming home
Awards: 4

B: 4-9
G: 11-13
O: 5-12
TB:
TG: 0-1
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (Boquise @ Sep 15 2017, 11:27 PM)
lol what's life

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/idk.gif
A Bird from the Future on the Quest for True Pudding!
Group Icon
Awards: 3

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 15 2017, 11:43 PM
COO! (Sooooo... http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/dumbo.gif )

"I try to stay sexy and suave in front of all you little ladies, but that there wasn't too cool." - Yuuya

"Coo! (Okosan refuses these constricting garments! REAL MEN FIGHT IN THE NUDE)" - Okosan

"You're even stranger than I had thought. I'm fascinated. How I'd love to experiment on you..." - Shuu

" Please be quiet in the library. " - Nageki

"The Hour of Judgment has come! You cannot use the Dark Tree's power here. Return to the Void, Wallenstein!" - Anghel

"No, no, I dozed off and got stuck in the washing machine last night, that's all." - Kazuaki

user posted image user posted image user posted image
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Sep 16 2017, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (maurice @ Sep 15 2017, 05:41 PM)
I'm ready to badly go!

Fixed.

Where'd that smiley of the kid raising his hand go?
Srsly tho don't kill me.

Also, I notice that the name Boquise looks a lot like Maquis. Not that it means much to me because I haven't read my role PM yet. I'll go do that now.
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 16 2017, 08:28 PM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Sep 16 2017, 07:41 PM)
I'm ready to badly go!

Fixed.

Srsly tho don't kill me.

Also, I notice that the name Boquise looks a lot like Maquis. Not that it means much to me because I haven't read my role PM yet. I'll go do that now.

It was on my photobucket but now photobucket charges to host third party pics

shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Sep 16 2017, 10:06 PM
QUOTE (maurice @ Sep 17 2017, 04:28 AM)
QUOTE (plasmid @ Sep 16 2017, 07:41 PM)
I'm ready to badly go!

Fixed.

Srsly tho don't kill me.

It was on my photobucket but now photobucket charges to host third party pics

Smilies can be hosted with GM's site or at worst as attachments to posts. We're around 66% on the latter and there are animated gifs that could be cleaned up if the need arises.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Lane 2 Current Game | Next Newest »

Pages: (16) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll