Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Closed
New Poll

Worst Player Ever?
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 14

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 07:47 PM
I was told this should continue in the debate forum. Here it is. I wasn't sure what to title it, but since this is the focus, I think it's apt. What does everyone else think? http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/smile.gif

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
Force-Ninja and Unofficial Therapist
Awards: 9

B: 4-7
G: 14-14
I: 2-4
O: 2-7
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:18 PM
Seems a bit of an exaggeration...maybe generally annoying, irrational, and pigheaded to the point of counter-productiveness would be more accurate?

Light and dark swirling
Acknowledging your desires
Mirroring your heart
-- Framm

Superheroes Mafia:
In signups now!!
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:20 PM
I would agree. And I honestly don't believe that Slick IS the worst player ever. I was around for Sakura-chan... But Slick is top 5... At least...

Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:34 PM
No one else has an opinion?

Voted "Most Likely to Kill You with a Whopper"
Awards: 7

B: 2-12
G: 19-17-1
I: 3-3
O: 8-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:37 PM
I agree...top 5, easy.

Killing in style since 2012.
THE Burger King. Always remember.
Ninja Cat's Minion
Group Icon
Awards: 8

4-4
B: 2-2
G: 2-1
I: 0-1
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:43 PM
Can I be #3?
The Hunter

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:49 PM
This will surprise most, when Slick was FAR more into his cups, so to speak, he was irrational, at times incoherent, and I even lobbied for a ban until he STOPPED his drinking because his gameplay then REALLY screwed games for his teammates.. since he has stopped drinking AS much, I HAVE seen a change in his game play. He IS still pigheaded no doubt, but I feel the level of his game play has actually IMPROVED considerably since his brain cells are free of the alcohol, they can actually function. I am actually proud of him and I think others should laud his accomplishment.

"You DONT want me in my quiet place!"-Anita Blake
Voted "Most Likely to Kill You with a Whopper"
Awards: 7

B: 2-12
G: 19-17-1
I: 3-3
O: 8-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:49 PM
QUOTE (curr3nt @ Jun 13 2013, 07:43 PM)
Can I be #3?

Maybe in the worst tap dancers http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/XD.gif

Killing in style since 2012.
THE Burger King. Always remember.
Ninja Cat's Minion
Group Icon

4-4
B: 2-2
G: 2-1
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 08:56 PM
In Slicks defense I do think some of the problem people have with him is in part their fault.

I've seen people get annoyed at him and I have to think about why. It seemed that I was reading his posts with a different tone then others. Others either expected or picked up a worse tone than I did. And then things start to snowball.

What Slick's actual tone was...I have no idea.

When in doubt read his posts out loud in the Howie Mandel Bobby's World voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ar9ybgAg3o
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB: 1-2
TG: 3-4
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 09:08 PM
If this is going to be more than a bash Slick thread, I will comment.

Everyone has strong and weak points. I don't really rank players and see no point to trying. The number one thing I want in a team mate is activity, and Slick gives that in spades. Inactivity, that can screw a team over real fast, and that is one thing you never have to worry about with Slick.

The whole "lalala" thing would not have been necessary if he had not been the only goodie around.

He has his good and bad days, we all do, and I would take him on my team in a heartbeat over any inactive. Him vs other active players? No point in ranking that, I can work with anyone, and it would be pretty boring just having the same people on my team all the time.

Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 09:13 PM
The whole lalalala thing wouldn't have been necessary if the logical move would have been made. Shadow claimed Spy. Slick had spied me as the spy. All he had to do was say something to the effect of "I know who the real spy is and it's not you." They could have gone from there. Instead, there were post wars, where most of his arguments were, "She is lying, kill her!" "If you don't lynch her, we lose." I believe at one point he called her a "lying sack of poop." I may be off on the exact wording, but that's the idea of his "activity."

Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB: 1-2
TG: 3-4
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 09:20 PM
He did not play it as you would have. People rarely play as I would have.
Head hurt yet?
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-4
G: 9-9
I: 0-4
O: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking of writing a program to play for me.

It would randomly pick a player to lynch and then post random quotes either protesting its innocence or attributing blame.

I think this would have to be classified as the most average mafia player as

* It does not pay attention to information gained as part of an action
* It does not pay attention to information gained as part of posts
* It does not base the vote on the voting trends of others

To be the worst player ever it would have to do everything possible to ensure a loss for its faction. To be the best player ever it would have to do everything possible to ensure a win for its faction. To achieve either you would need to perfect knowledge or intuition about the game.

It also does not take into account that instead of playing the game it is quite possible to play the player. If I know that a certain player has a tell or will possibly react in a certain way I could use that in the game. Again both the worst player and best player of mafia would need perfect knowledge or intuition about the players playing the game to achieve their ends.

As Slick's ESP cannot considered to be infallible he does not have perfect intuition of the game.

This means I have logically proven that Slick is neither best nor worst player of Mafia

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008
Prince of Altea
Group Icon
Awards: 11

B: 6-2
G: 9-13
I: 1-3
O: 2-7
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 10:17 PM
As the host of the game that made this thread, I was able to look in from the outside at everything and yes, slick's playing was going a bit too far and had it continued a bit more I may have been forced to step in and stop things before they got out of hand but I didn't have to. But also, shad is not free of blame in his actions. Don't get me wrong shad but there are 2 sides to every argument and you had ample opportunity to stop the argument as much as slick. And in a way, that's what dug your grave. If you had just let him rant, he may have just stopped and cube was in the lead with votes but eventually you ended up stating something that gave slick the ammo necessary to know you were not goodie. I've always said to myself as a baddie, don't talk too much or leave more chance to make a mistake and reveal info I shouldn't know. And that's where you messed up. You cleared kits adamantly and by saying that were claiming spy. No one in that game could make that claim with absolute certainty but the spy and since he got spy and used it on Hirk, he had the info needed to counter the spy claim. Just my 2 cents on the incident.

Credit: FieryCharry (Deviant Art) for trophy
Signature: Tberry0 (Deviant Art)
Temp Admin (again)
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-3
G: 6-4
O: 0-2
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 10:23 PM
I agree with PM there. A lot of people are at blame for this. As this has gone on far enough, I will close this thread for now to let things cool off.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Debates | Next Newest »

Closed
New Poll