Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ghost BTSC
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 4 2018, 01:44 AM
ROLES
Spoiler for "..."

NIGHT ONE
Spoiler for "..."

NIGHT TWO
Spoiler for "..."

NIGHT THREE
Spoiler for "..."

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
What is life
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 5 2018, 12:32 AM
I feel so bad for them. This has got to be the most unlucky game.
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 5 2018, 05:13 AM
Added Nana to Ghost BTSC.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 5 2018, 04:12 PM
Tough luck for SH, he tried to avoid claiming but not making his spy result clearer may prove detrimental to the goodies if maurice goes ahead with his planned goodie kill on him http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sad.gif I can't argue with that, I "accidentally" goodie-killed SH too last year so I can't be hypocritical.

This is balanced by the baddies' target getting saved from NK, otherwise we would have just seen the balance shift back towards the baddies after the D1 lynch.

user posted image
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 5 2018, 05:17 PM
QUOTE (araver @ Jan 5 2018, 03:12 PM)
Tough luck for SH, he tried to avoid claiming but not making his spy result clearer may  prove detrimental to the goodies if maurice goes ahead with his planned goodie kill on him http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sad.gif I can't argue with that, I "accidentally" goodie-killed SH too last year so I can't be hypocritical.

This is balanced by the baddies' target getting saved from NK, otherwise we would have just seen the balance shift back towards the baddies after the D1 lynch.

It's really unfortunate. He played a little too close to the chest it seems and if he died without this coming out into the open the goodies will definitely have some more struggles.

It feels like everything is going wrong for everyone. Poor Sparrow didn't even get an action this night too.
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 5 2018, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Hachi @ Jan 5 2018, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (araver @ Jan 5 2018, 03:12 PM)
Tough luck for SH, he tried to avoid claiming but not making his spy result clearer may   prove detrimental to the goodies if maurice goes ahead with his planned goodie kill on him http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sad.gif I can't argue with that, I "accidentally" goodie-killed SH too last year so I can't be hypocritical.

It's really unfortunate. He played a little too close to the chest it seems and if he died without this coming out into the open the goodies will definitely have some more struggles.

It feels like everything is going wrong for everyone. Poor Sparrow didn't even get an action this night too.

Well, since Machina is just preparing to throw Helene under the bus as well, if SH does not out him on N2 and gets killed, Machina's goodie cred will get a proper root. On the other hand, if SH outs him, even if he is killed, this puts the baddies in an almost unwinnable position.

user posted image
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 6 2018, 12:03 AM
Mo keeps flopping between killing Sparrow and Takari. But he seems to have settled on Sparrow. Poor town
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB: 1-2
TG: 3-4
  Posted Jan 6 2018, 01:03 AM
night was scummed?
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 6 2018, 03:09 AM
Unfortunately work doesn't give me a consistent schedule. Unless I left it to someone else to make a post I had to scum. Apologies.
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 6 2018, 10:58 PM
Tbh for that I wanna give Sparrow mvp
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 7 2018, 07:02 AM
Added SH to ghost and actions from HostBTSC to the OP here.

user posted image
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 7 2018, 02:39 PM
Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!
Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 7 2018, 05:10 PM
QUOTE (araver @ Jan 5 2018, 12:12 PM)
Tough luck for SH, he tried to avoid claiming but not making his spy result clearer may   prove detrimental to the goodies if maurice goes ahead with his planned goodie kill on him http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sad.gif I can't argue with that, I "accidentally" goodie-killed SH too last year so I can't be hypocritical.

I may not have been playing like "goodie" me, but I certainly wasn't playing like "baddie" me, so I don't really know what everyone's so up-in-arms about. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sigh.gif I half expected to get axed by Basilio, but I hoped he would hold off. I left that last post, just in case.

I did try to soft hint a couple times, but it doesn't look like anyone picked up on it. Robin is described as "mysterious" in the RD, so I specifically called out clearing up a mystery:
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Jan 5 2018, 12:48 AM)
I wasn't really aiming to defend Nana, as it were, so much as I suspected Machina more than her because she hadn't been there to do anything suspicious. Her defense when she did arrive certainly did stink (and for good reason, it turned out).

I still don't like the way that Machina is trying to steer goodie actions without being in the clear. He's urging a kill on people just because they didn't vote Nana. Robin/Bassilo should go for a kill if they believe someone is scummy, but I would hesitate to unload just for the reasons Machina is using. Spies should definitely be looking at the people who didn't vote Nana (and perhaps the ones who jumped on Nana only toward the end). It'll be good to clear up some of this mystery.

And I tried to clue Chrom in by putting his name in my post (though clearly Hirk didn't pick up on it either):
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Jan 5 2018, 10:22 AM)
My aim was to be explanatory, not defensive. Try to stop viewing things so monochromatically. Nana hadn't contributed, machina had and I didn't like what I'd seen from machina. I still don't. He's not consensus-building, he's acting the part of a dictator, telling the goodies what to do.

Coordinating the goodies can be good, but it's generally bad to let an unconfirmed player direct that coordination. Plus, it also tends to allow the baddies to plan around the goodies' actions if they know the gist of what the goodies intend to do.

This post has been edited by sparrowhawk: Jan 7 2018, 05:10 PM

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 7 2018, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Jan 7 2018, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (araver @ Jan 5 2018, 12:12 PM)

I may not have been playing like "goodie" me, but I certainly wasn't playing like "baddie" me, so I don't really know what everyone's so up-in-arms about. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sigh.gif I half expected to get axed by Basilio, but I hoped he would hold off. I left that last post, just in case.

I did try to soft hint a couple times, but it doesn't look like anyone picked up on it.

I remember this comment was after Hachi said mo submitted the kill on you, but you've both posted afterwards.

Yeah, I was looking for those actually ... but failed to see them both. Same as I failed to see the "chip on the shoulder" a few years back http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sigh.gif They do seem obvious in retrospect, though the second one could have made Chrom a bit jumpy. (BTW, did Hirk just talk too much intentionally about Goodie BTSC today?),

Though I did click your youtube w/ the Princess Bride reference (after re-reading the OP to see if I was mistaken and your role was a "Prince" Marth) and then just clicked a few videos, and then some more, till I forgot what I was doing in the first place. P.S. The one with the differences between the book and the movie I did not know, so thank you for that detour.

user posted image
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 8 2018, 12:35 AM
So Machina wants to admit a no contest. What should I do?
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll