Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

F.Y.I

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rock-Paper-Scissors, Teams
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 10:26 AM
We need an even number of people to divide into random teams. After that it can be A versus B. This game is simple and needs to be done via PM's, one on one. After a team wins we can shuffle players and regroup if wanted.
Here is the roster if interested:

Note: Points will be 3 for a win and 0 for a loss. Inactivity should result in point reduction if more than 24 hours of not being heard from.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 10:40 AM
The players usually count aloud to four, or speak the name of the game (e.g. "Rock Paper Scissors!" or "Ro Sham Bo!"), each time either raising one hand in a fist and swinging it down on the count or holding it behind. On the fourth count (saying, "Shoot!" or "Go!") or on the third count (saying, "Scissors!" or "Bo!"), the players change their hands into one of three gestures, which they then "throw" by extending it towards their opponent. Variations include a version where players use only three counts before throwing their gesture (thus throwing on the count of "Scissors!" or "Bo!", or a version where they shake their hands three times before "throwing." The gestures are (in the three gesture version):
Rock, represented by a clenched fist
Scissors, represented by two fingers extended and separated, sometimes coming together
Paper, represented by an open hand, with the fingers extended and touching, in order to represent a sheet of paper (horizontal)
The objective is to select a gesture which defeats that of the opponent. Gestures are resolved as follows:
Rock blunts or breaks scissors: rock defeats scissors.
Scissors cut paper: scissors defeats paper.
Paper covers, sands or captures rock: paper defeats rock.
If both players choose the same gesture, the game is tied and the players throw again. The game is sometimes played as "best of three".
OR WE CAN DO:

The rules of Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock are:
Scissors cut paper
Paper covers rock
Rock crushes lizard
Lizard poisons Spock
Spock smashes (or melts) scissors
Scissors decapitate lizard
Lizard eats paper
Paper disproves Spock
Spock vaporizes rock
Rock breaks scissors
There are ten possible pairings of the five gestures; each gesture beats two of the other gestures and is beaten by the remaining two.
One way to remember the rules is to remember the standard "rock-paper-scissors" ordering, where each gesture defeats the one before it, and is defeated by the one after. But then add the two novel gestures near the word they approximately rhyme with:
Rock
Spock
Paper
Lizard
Scissors
In this expanded list, each gesture is defeated by the following two options, and defeats the preceding two.
Since the Spock gesture is known to be notoriously difficult for some people to perform, some players may be disadvantaged while playing this variant. The fingers must be moved quickly into the final position from a closed fist, which means that many people will not be able to use Spock, thus cutting down their options.

We can alternate hosting as well. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Apr 10 2013, 10:46 AM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
The Hunter
Awards: 8

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 06:16 PM
My cell wont let me quote...and me please...

"You DONT want me in my quiet place!"-Anita Blake
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 07:02 PM
I will host the first rock, paper, scissors. The original version b/c it's easier for me. The next host can choose which game above. biggrin.gif
-2 points for each (more than 24 hours) inactive. Once we have at least six, we can start, I guess. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/yes.gif

Roster:

1. Marquessa

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Apr 10 2013, 07:06 PM

Tell the world that I'm coming home
Awards: 4

B: 4-9
G: 11-13
I: 4-2
O: 5-12
TB:
TG: 0-1
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 07:08 PM
Roster:

1. Marquessa
5. Inawordyes

Eh, why not?
Caporegime
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 10:15 PM
1. Marquessa
5. Inawordyes
8. Lahiem!

Brainy
Awards: 2

B: 5-5
G: 9-4
I: 2-4
O: 3-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 10 2013, 10:22 PM
1. Marquessa
4. Brainy
5. Inawordyes
8. Lahiem!

Lahiem stole my numbeeeeeer tongue.gif
Mod of member relations/awards/activity
Group Icon
B: 6-9
G: 11-10
I: 3-4
O: 4-5
TB: 1-1
TG:
  Posted Apr 12 2013, 01:44 AM
1. Marquessa
4. Brainy
5. Inawordyes
7. Aura!!!
8. Lahiem!

Can someone remind me when this fills?

QUOTE (araver @ Oct 1 2015, 08:41 AM)
I cannot believe ... ok.
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Apr 12 2013, 12:35 PM
QUOTE (Auramyna @ Apr 12 2013, 12:44 AM)
1. Marquessa
4. Brainy
5. Inawordyes
7. Aura!!!
8. Lahiem!

Can someone remind me when this fills?
OK. I will probably send to all players asking for 1 of 3 objects. Either way you will be pmed. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/sneakyhug.gif

Voted "Most Likely to Kill You with a Whopper"
Awards: 7

B: 2-12
G: 19-17-1
I: 3-3
O: 8-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 9 2013, 11:08 AM
1. Marquessa
3.Vommack
4. Brainy
5. Inawordyes
7. Aura!!!
8. Lahiem!

Maybe we can breath some live into this?

Killing in style since 2012.
THE Burger King. Always remember.
Caporegime
5-1
B: 2-0
G: 2-1
I: 0-0
O: 1-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 12 2013, 12:31 PM
1. Marquessa
2. MikeD
3.Vommack
4. Brainy
5. Inawordyes
7. Aura!!!
8. Lahiem!

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 13 2013, 05:08 PM
Tnx, Mike. 2 of the players that signed up are not even coming here much if at all so I will need to see who is still playing or not before we get started and may be a few weeks more.

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Oct 18 2014, 11:36 AM
Wow, forgot about this. Maybe should start the roster over. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/idk.gif http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif

Caporegime
B: 8 - 0
G: 5 - 0
I: 0 - 1
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 1 2015, 04:31 PM
Did this ever start? I'd be interested in playing if anyone is to revive the game.

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 3 2015, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Wizardry @ Feb 1 2015, 01:31 PM)
Did this ever start? I'd be interested in playing if anyone is to revive the game.

Never started and 3 from the roster do not even visit any more. I will not be ready for this so if anyone wants to host then go ahead. All are welcome to go to my Caption It II. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/XD.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Non-Mafia Games | Next Newest »

Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll