Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

History of Mafia, Help!
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Mar 23 2011, 06:53 PM
Meh, couple of replaces and it worked... I think.

EDIT: couple of edits later. It is.

Content Hidden

This post has been edited by araver: Mar 23 2011, 06:59 PM
... back
Group Icon
Awards: 7 (6 displayed)

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 5 2011, 08:54 AM
Form Russia Hirk with love tongue.gif

Converted to BBcode. Will add links later on, remove the ? and move it to Mafia History when I'm in my mod account.

Content Hidden
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jun 9 2011, 03:50 AM
OK, the last era researched by Hirk is finally added officially here, with links and no ??

Thank you all for your contributions ... http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/thumbsup.gif

... now we should think of an appropriate moment to end Era 6 and start a new one? unsure.gif It's getting crowded .. 18 on MM + 8 on BD = 24 Mafias.

Should we start a Summer of Mafia era?

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 14

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 9 2011, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I was going to suggest that. Hopefully the site will explode starting now and it will be a clearly defined moment for transition...

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
Fox
Mafiosa Queen
Awards: 2

B: 11-5
G: 19-21
I: 0 - 2
O: 2 - 3
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 9 2011, 10:07 AM
I agree a Summer of Mafia Era should begin http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/smile.gif It seems appropriate.

I am NOT a baddie...sometimes...

-Kat-
ytilaernu
Group Icon
Awards: 2

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 9 2011, 10:40 AM
why start a new era if nothing is different (it's just a big era). You don't want to throw that around too lightly, it seems to me from reading what's been penned so far is that an era is something defined in retrospect, not necessarily actively trying to segment the current games into eras as they occur. It seems to me (though I could be wrong) that everything on this site currently all is part of the same atmosphere & era still
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jun 9 2011, 01:01 PM
QUOTE (unreality @ Jun 9 2011, 04:40 PM)
why start a new era if nothing is different (it's just a big era). You don't want to throw that around too lightly, it seems to me from reading what's been penned so far is that an era is something defined in retrospect, not necessarily actively trying to segment the current games into eras as they occur. It seems to me (though I could be wrong) that everything on this site currently all is part of the same atmosphere & era still

Hmm, you are correct about the atmosphere in general ... and I did forget to state my arguments:
1) There is a technical argument (which has been discussed mainly on BD BTSC because of Yuli's problems in reaching MM during the day):
The template for era 6 on the wiki is getting awfully long. Hence the discussion if era's should be balanced as number of games or await for a clearly defining event / cataclysm (God forbid).

2) We did have several Training Mafias + Training Wheels (Harry Potter) Mafias in era 6, along with the two parallel slots.

As a result, a lot of new players are here, but they don't always get the spots in signups... so I was thinking Hirk's big Host Wars Mafia may be a turning point, engaging 20 players (which is, let's face it, harder to achieve during the year, hence the Summer tag) and really merging the new TMM recruits with the existing community. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

And btw: Jumper Mafia is in Era 2: Franchise Mafia and it is as non-Franchise as it can be in my opinion. While Miniature Lost is in Era 1.
So the splitting of BD Mafias in eras was greatly biased in the first place IMHO, while Incognito/ MoS and MM (+the double slot split) do count as milestones / atmosphere changes which marked the beginning of a new era.

This post has been edited by araver: Jun 9 2011, 01:03 PM

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 9 2011, 09:06 PM
And if some people would ever start shootin for the Ambassador Award, we may be getting a swarm of new players and a clearly defined turning point...

Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 10 2011, 05:25 PM
If this Ambassador stuff does kick off, when do we establish the site as an official feeder site. I'm asking for wiki purposes. If a couple of us or one of us play a game elsewhere and start recruiting, does that first game count or do we wait until people start joining here and abandon the feeder site games in regard to the wiki?

shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jun 10 2011, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (Hirkala @ Jun 10 2011, 03:06 AM)
And if some people would ever start shootin for the Ambassador Award, we may be getting a swarm of new players and a clearly defined turning point...

Ok then.

Till then, can we instead split into a sub-era soon?
Ending 6.1 and starting 6.3 (since BD games are still 6.2).

This would be similar to 2.1/2.2 and 4.1/4.2 splits which are splits by size only, no turning points/milestones involved.

QUOTE (Hirkala @ Jun 10 2011, 11:25 PM)
If this Ambassador stuff does kick off, when do we establish the site as an official feeder site.  I'm asking for wiki purposes. 
If a couple of us or one of us play a game elsewhere and start recruiting, does that first game count or do we wait until people start joining here and abandon the feeder site games in regard to the wiki?

Well, there's been one (almost) precedent lately: A.J. two, a wiki user has asked us about merging their history with ours. [http://mafiamaniac.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Araver#critique]see here[/URL]. Both mine and Yuli's responses were no, as the MMWiki follows our so-called "Den Mafia" games.

What I'm trying to say is that the unofficial policy of the wiki, borrowed from History of Mafia was to include only Den-Mafia games. As an extension, in that case, it would make more sense to start a dedicated sub-era at that point, following all "Den-Mafia" games on that feeder site from the moment of ... Inception laugh.gif (without their previous Mafia games if any).
If the Ambassadorship is successful, we kinda merge with them and acknowledge them as a forum-member of the Den-Mafia playing community.

PS: You are the equivalent of the founder Admin of the Wiki ... and while it is technically a part of the MM community, you can decide what is there and what can be considered canon or non canon and where it is put on the wiki.

I can add an example where several bigger wikis faced similar questions ... and spin-offs were created to serve different purposes. Example:
- Memory Alpha holds everything Star Trek considered canon (from Movies and TVSeries) (over 25000 Articles).
- Memory Beta was founded later and contains non-canon characters/topics (everything not covered in Movies and TVSeries such as books)
- Memory Gamma contains fan-films and fan-created material

Dealing with a non-canon piece of history goes like this for them: on Memory Alpha one has a page where the topic (a book) and on Memory Beta, that is expanded fully into separate character pages.

Similarly, we could have a secondary part, outside the History of (Den) Mafia which could contain those previous (if any) Mafias, and which would probably be started and completed by those players.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Mafia Discussion | Next Newest »

Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 9 
Add Reply
New Poll