Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Signups for Angel Mafia V, Season 4
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 19

B: 13-11
G: 20-20
I: 3-3
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
Posted Feb 11 2017, 04:43 AM
Angel Mafia V: Season 4 (Apocalypse Now-ish)
user posted image
Goodies: Angel Investigations & Frenemies - deal with a sudden wave of paranormal activity all over Los Angeles, portending the rise of the apocalyptic beast of whom Cordelia has been experiencing visions. WinCon - Remove Baddies&Indyfrom the game

*Angel - Vampire - Vampire with a soul seeking atonement for past crimes. Just admitted to self that he has lost both his son and someone he loved. He can stalk and RID Kill one player each night.

*"Gunn" (Charles Gunn) - Human - Tough street kid with a moral compass. Knows to step up to the challenge if needed in order to protect those that need it. Each night he can try to RID find Fred. If he finds her alive, he gains the ability to save from the next night on. If he finds her dead or she is lynched, he gains a RID Kill from the next night onward. If Gunn finds Fred on the night that she's getting killed, he finds her like the NP dead.

*"Fred" (Winifred Burkle) - Human - Extremely smart, but still pretty crazy, she has recovered from her nightmares following her imprisonment in Pylea & exacting revenge. She is now the inventor of a supersymmetry theory that she can exploit each night to find out either what someone did or who acted on someone. E.g if Fred chooses X as target, she has 2 options:
A. Follow spy = will find out who X targeted at night (regardless of correctness for RIDs) or "stayed home" for any inactiveness or blocked actions or day actions (Will only see 1st in the list if she follows Cordy)
B. Intercept spy (reverse-follow spy) = will get a list of players that targeted X at night (regardless of correctness of RIDs on X) or just her name if no one acted on X successfully.

*"Lorne" (Krev-Lorne Swath of the Deathwok Clan) - Demon/Pylean - After the destruction of Caritas, the singing demon joined the gang and now helps around the office. Whenever he hits a high note he will block a player's action. ODTG can ask the host if a statement is true (Statement must be chosen from the thread, host holds the right to refuse to answer for out-of-game, paradoxes or illogical. Answer is from the host's PoV i.e. absolute truth for the game.)

*"Cordy" (Cordelia Chase) - Part Demon - Back from the Powers That Be, she is unable to get her bearing again and needs some space. Can submit a subset of at least 3 names each night and will be told in a vision if any Baddies are present (cannot choose Connor or herself in the list). Has BTSC with Connor.

*"Connor - Human - 18 year old child of two vampires, raised by Holtz away from his father in a pretty nasty dimension. Returned to Earth but still can't find his place in the world nor understand his father, but he discovered his one weakness. Has BTSC with Cordy.

*"English" (Wesley Wyndam-Pryce) - Human - Former Watcher and former member of the Angel Investigations team. Nothing makes you stronger than getting your throat cut and than losing all your friends. Despite that, he knows what's at stake and will always step in to protect those important in the fight against evil - can save one person per night except himself. Has a complicated relationship with Lilah and if he targets her, his action will fail to save her.

*"Freak" (Gwen Raiden) - Human - Born with little control over her ability to funnel electricity, she mastered it to facilitate her career as a professional thief. She is unable to touch others and has a tendency to attract lightning. Each night can incapacitate a person and find his/her type (Human / Non-Human).

Indy: Wolfram & Hart - Survive the Apocalypse (last standing)
*"Lilah" (Lilah Morgan) - Human - The primary face of the law firm Wolfram & Hart always searching for persons to manipulate. She is a bit caught by surprise by the events and generally believes in the saying "The enemy of my enemy can kiss my ass too". Can make her vote count x1 or x2 (if blocked at night, she cannot.). If Wesley dies, she gains a RID Kill each night. Is invulnerable for N1 & N2 (will be shown as saved by Wesley if targeted by a successful NK)

Baddies: The Apocalypse. Wincon - mindslave Humans and remove non-Humans (last standing). NK has a carrier but only for story purposes.

*"The Beast" - Demon - A very strong demon, highly resistant to physical damage. He started a ritual to cause a solar eclipse. Each night can block a person. ODTG can insta-RID Kill but will not be able to use his action that night (or the next night if it is day)

*"Jasmine" - Goddess - A super being who seeks to gain corporeal form, then blend with all of humanity, making each human her spiritual slave. She feeds on humanity to maintain her form and delivers a Utopian existence to all via mind control. Each night can try to RID Cordelia (is not told whether it is successful or not. If it is successful, Cordelia's BTSC is broken.

*"Skip" - Demon - Formidable demon with a body plated in armor. Secret servant of Jasmine, has manipulated almost all events that let up to this date including Cordelia's transformation to part-Demon. Can make his vote count x0, x1, x2. If blocked at night, he cannot.

Rules:
*OOA: Block > Save > RID Kill > Kill > Spy. Kills are not blocking.
*NP shows Kills and Saves. DP shows lynched player's role, no indication on vote manipulation.
*Tie: D1 No lynch. D2+ All lynched.
*Blocks will count as successful if the block went through unstopped by another block. Daily actions are blockable. Blocked players will be told so. Two blocks blocking each other = both fail.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Feb 11 2017, 04:44 AM
Director: araver

Characters:

Stunt doubles

Reporter

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
Mod of Shenanigans
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-3
G: 4-4
I: 4-1
O: 2-4
TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 11 2017, 05:28 AM

Characters:

Stunt doubles
1. maurice

Reporter

If the starts align from a hosting/IGM perspective I'll jump in. Otherwise if our games run at the same time and there is nobody to IGM I can do that.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I hate it when stupid gets reinforced - maurice
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning. user posted image
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 22

B: 7-8
G: 28-19
I: 3-6
O: 9-11
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
Posted Feb 11 2017, 07:58 AM

Characters:
8. Boquise

Stunt doubles
1. maurice

Reporter

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov

And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis

There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agathe Christie
Contabile
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 11 2017, 09:11 AM

Characters:
8. Boquise
10.JustDanceForever

Stunt doubles
1. maurice

Reporter
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 32

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 11 2017, 12:43 PM
Oooh look, it's a wainbow! http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/XD.gif

Characters:
8. Boquise
9. aura
10.JustDanceForever

Stunt doubles
1. maurice

Reporter

Cleeearly... CLEEEEEARLY... this will be the only chance I get to avoid being hoodwinked and hijinxed by Un-namedPerson™ and heavens to Betsy am I gonna take that chance! http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/contract.gif

Heavens to Mergatroyd, ev-uhn!

"This natural selection picked me out to be
a dark horse running in a fantasy league"

- Flesh and Bone, The Killers

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Jay
Group Icon

B: 8-9
G: 26-13
I: 2-4
O: 6-12
TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 11 2017, 06:12 PM

Characters:
7. Jay
8. Boquise
9. aura
10.JustDanceForever

Stunt doubles
1. maurice

Reporter

Are you SURE about that Aura? http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/popcorn.gif

Nah, I'm not going to do anything to Aura. NARF! http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Feb 12 2017, 04:12 AM
I don't want to forfeit my spot in WWF, but if needed I can move Baddies BTSC over to a quick topic so that no IGM is needed.

user posted image
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 12 2017, 05:34 AM
I think it can be fixed that you can't see lane 1's btscs but IGM lane 2. I've had that.

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov

And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis

There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agathe Christie
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 12 2017, 06:35 AM
Jay Gold - I maed dis for yoo

Spoiler for For Jay's eyes only

- John Cleese

\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 12 2017, 06:52 AM
I swear to all the Hindu deities: if you all (Jay particularly) interrupt the rainbow color flow, I will not only make you rearrange yourselves in order of color, but also in order of name length.

You don't wanna trigger my OCD. It could trigger Araver and Boq into OCD. This could be like a domino effect. I kinda like the domino idea so everyone chill down pls before I need ppl to stand in a height graded circle. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/angry.gif

- John Cleese

shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Feb 12 2017, 08:23 AM
QUOTE (Boquise @ Feb 12 2017, 12:34 PM)
I think it can be fixed that you can't see lane 1's btscs but IGM lane 2. I've had that.

Still need an IGM to give permissions to baddies BTSC. And once you can access ACP, you can see all permissions masks.

Again, no worries, there are quick-topics available if drastic measures are needed.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Feb 12 2017, 08:23 AM
\Director: araver

Characters:
7. Jay
8. Boquise
9. aura
10.JustDanceForever

Stunt doubles
1. maurice

Reporter

Bumping the rainbow up. Not touching the rainbow

user posted image
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 12 2017, 10:15 AM
QUOTE (araver @ Feb 12 2017, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (Boquise @ Feb 12 2017, 12:34 PM)

Still need an IGM to give permissions to baddies BTSC. And once you can access ACP, you can see all permissions masks.

Again, no worries, there are quick-topics available if drastic measures are needed.

truuuuueee

Jay
Group Icon

B: 8-9
G: 26-13
I: 2-4
O: 6-12
TB:
TG:
Posted Feb 12 2017, 11:54 AM
I didn't ruin the rainbow. My name's in Midnight Blue. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/giggle.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Sign up HERE (Lane 2) | Next Newest »

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll