Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Hivemind, Unreality's Invention
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 02:26 PM
To kick off our re-established Non-Mafia Games Forum, and as a prelude to my upcoming game of Cornerstones II, I'm running a game of HiveMind. This was first invented by Unreality and run on Mafiosphere and BrainDen.

HiveMind - No lynches, no night actions, no day/night posts, just strategy and subterfuge along with free BTSC for all.

Step 1: Sign-up in this thread. Then, without waiting for sign-ups to fill, PM me with your choice of Team A or B. DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH ANYONE ABOUT THE GAME OR YOUR CHOICE AT THIS STAGE.

Step 2: After we have enough sign-ups (this can be any number, even an odd one, really), I will deem the game to start. An announcement will be posted in this thread and the Board News, notifying everyone of this.
The aim of the game is to PM the host with a complete list of who is on Team A and who is on Team B.

Step 3: You may post in the thread and freely PM any players, cc'ing all PMs to me. The idea is to figure out who is lying and who is being straightforward, possibly picking up hints and using strategy to work out IDs.

Step 4: When you think you have an idea of who is who, you can PM me your guess. I will post your guess in the thread with the result of Correct or Incorrect. If it is correct, your team wins! If the guess is wrong, you will die! and be removed from the game, and your team affiliation will be revealed!
An incorrect result will not specify which IDs were wrong. (That would make it extremely easy, with two factions!)

Step 5: The game continues until someone correctly guesses all team affiliations OR only members of one team are left alive!

Any questions?

N.B - This game does not require back-ups as it should take no more than 2-3 days to play.

[Extend as needed]

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 02:38 PM
Roster:
4. Slick
[Extend as needed]

Vaguely, I remember this. May be interesting but, we'll see.
PM sent. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/XD.gif

EDIT: Rep points or not?

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Jul 13 2012, 02:42 PM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Brainy
Awards: 2

B: 5-5
G: 9-4
I: 2-4
O: 3-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 02:47 PM
What happens if, say, everyone chooses Team A? Will you even it out? Or will everyone be on Team A?
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 03:19 PM
If everyone was on the same team it wouldn't be a game. laugh.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tell the world that I'm coming home
Awards: 4

B: 4-9
G: 11-13
I: 4-2
O: 5-12
TB:
TG: 0-1
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 03:27 PM
Roster:
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
[Extend as needed]

So it's just guessing, and people die when they guess wrong? Sounds interesting. I'm game.
Tell the world that I'm coming home

B: 4-9
G: 11-13
I: 4-2
O: 5-12
TB:
TG: 0-1
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 03:33 PM
QUOTE (akaslickster @ Jul 13 2012, 02:19 PM)
If everyone was on the same team it wouldn't be a game. laugh.gif

Wouldn't that be more fun to realize that everybody is on the same team, though, and that everybody's guessing wrong (and dying) because they're trying to include at least one of the other team on their list when there are none?

Of course, it all depends on what the players choose.
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 04:56 PM
I guess it would make a good prank on noobs. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/secret.gif http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shhh.gif

Ah-Ah
Group Icon

B: 5-2
G: 4-8
I: 1-2
O: 2-2
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 05:12 PM
Roster:
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
10. Aaryan
[Extend as needed]

Interesting.
And perhaps, http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/offtopic.gif maybe we should considering giving Non-Maf Games its own forum rather than being a subforum of General Discussion.

"According to some *, heroic deaths are admirable things. I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking."
* Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.

--Bartimaeus, Ptolemy's Gate

:“Then I reckon we got ourselves a good old-fashioned standoff."
Nobody moved, or said anything, for the next few moments.
"Old-fashioned standoffs are mighty borin'. ”

--Billy-Ray Sanguine, The Faceless Ones

"'You're so alive, Adeline,' they say to me. But really, Monsieur Poirot, what would one be if one wasn't alive?"
"Dead," said Poirot.

--Agatha Christie, Problem at Sea

"But if you confront your inner demons--."
"I did confront my inner demon. I punched him in the face and he exploded."

--Skulduggery Pleasant, Death Bringer
Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 06:12 PM
Roster:
1. sparrowhawk
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
10. Aaryan
[Extend as needed]

QUOTE (Aaryan @ Jul 13 2012, 05:12 PM)
Interesting.
And perhaps, http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/offtopic.gif maybe we should considering giving Non-Maf Games its own forum rather than being a subforum of General Discussion.

I think it was at one point before we started the third queue, but for one thing there haven't been enough non-mafia games to justify its own forum at this point. Or were those lost on IPB? http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/unsure.gif

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
Prince of Altea
Group Icon
Awards: 11

B: 6-2
G: 9-13
I: 1-3
O: 2-7
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 11:15 PM
Roster:
1. sparrowhawk
2. Marth
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
10. Aaryan
[Extend as needed]

Sure why not. I'll give it a shot! biggrin.gif

Credit: FieryCharry (Deviant Art) for trophy
Signature: Tberry0 (Deviant Art)
EDM
The Smiley Queen!!! :D :D :D
Group Icon
Awards: 7

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 13 2012, 11:21 PM
Roster:
1. sparrowhawk
2. Marth
3. Li
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
10. Aaryan

I AM ALWAYS what everyone thinks they sometimes are.....CRAZY!!! user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

Goodie Mafioso at heart......never forget that!!! user posted image user posted image

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 14

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 14 2012, 01:57 AM
Roster:
1. sparrowhawk
2. Marth
3. Li
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
6. Hirkala
10. Aaryan

QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Jul 13 2012, 05:12 PM)

QUOTE (Aaryan @ Jul 13 2012, 05:12 PM)
Interesting.
And perhaps, http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/offtopic.gif maybe we should considering giving Non-Maf Games its own forum rather than being a subforum of General Discussion.

I think it was at one point before we started the third queue, but for one thing there haven't been enough non-mafia games to justify its own forum at this point. Or were those lost on IPB? unsure.gif

It was here. But, like you said, there was a flurry of non-maf games at the beginning and then it just kinda tapered off...

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 14 2012, 10:06 AM
1. This is where GM told me the Non-mafia games forum should go. Our old Category changed into Third Games Forum.
2. Everyone can choose the same team if they want. It makes no difference as you won't know for sure who everyone is as there's a ban on pre-arranging team choices.
3. There may (probably will) be uneven teams. That's perfectly fine and it won't be evened out.
4. Some of you on the sign up list need to PM me Team A or B.
5. We probably have enough people but let's see if anyone else signs up. We'll start within 2-3 days.
6. Let's say: rep points are 2 for the guy who submits the correct list and 1 for all on his team. This is just for this iteration of the game. Points may be scrapped or changed in future games of this or other types.

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

- John Cleese

Bug on the Wall

B: 2-4
G: 14-14
I: 3-4
O: 7-8
TB: 0-1
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jul 14 2012, 10:43 AM
Roster:
1. sparrowhawk
2. Marth
3. Li
4. Slick
5. Inawordyes
6. Hirkala
7. benjer3
10. Aaryan

As an optional rule, when someone submits a list, what if we're told how many are correct?

Totum constituendi quod habemus est quid tempore nobis dato facere.
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 14 2012, 11:25 AM
@benjer - I get your point and usually that would be a good compromise re info release, but the game goes quick enough as it is. Anyhow, once there are less people left, that would narrow it down too far. Even if I only gave that result for the first guess, it would narrow down future results way too much.

This is going by past games I've seen so maybe having more players changes that dynamic but I'd rather err on the side of caution. If needed, we can add that rule next time.

- sparrowhawk

- John Cleese

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll