Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Player Etiquette

Please note that beside the general rules of the current game, there are a few important things players should avoid at all costs: PM repping, Illegal BTSC, Ghost Posts, Active Metagaming, Account sharing.
Please read about them in the Board Rules

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

May Day 2017
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jun 1 2017, 11:09 PM
Roster
1. maurice
3. Flamebirde
6. splatmid
7. aura
8. bobo
9. insaner

'cmon, let's get to 8 or 9 so we can have a true baddie team and not just a lone baddie. Or else I'ma go design a turbo with 2 baddies and 4 goodies real quick. Maybe with that straw man NPC to absorb the N1 NK that we used a couple times or smth.
Trust me!
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 1-2
G: 6-4
I: 2-0
O: 0-1
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Jun 2 2017, 12:13 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jun 2 2017, 03:09 AM)
Roster
1. maurice
3. Flamebirde
6. splatmid
7. aura
8. bobo
9. insaner

'cmon, let's get to 8 or 9 so we can have a true baddie team and not just a lone baddie. Or else I'ma go design a turbo with 2 baddies and 4 goodies real quick. Maybe with that straw man NPC to absorb the N1 NK that we used a couple times or smth.

I don't think that a straw man alone will be enough to make it a balanced game, assuming the regular day/night cycles. All that baddies need to do is lynch a single goodie, while goodies have to get both baddies without knowing who they are. I am not taking power roles into account, though http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/hm.gif
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Jun 2 2017, 12:24 AM
A "strawman" can be used in any game, with host simply randoming a non baddie role to be killed n1. Goodies lose the chance to save the n1 kill, while baddies lose out on goodies wasting actions on the n1 kill. Baddies with spies also lose the chance for a safe claim, but they can still logic/guess the dead role.

Another idea for allowing higher baddie to goodie ratio, only requiring some of the baddies to be killed for a goodie win, rather than all baddies. Or even a particular baddie. That would be an experimental idea though.

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 2 2017, 08:55 AM
Great. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif NPC gets nerfed and we get strawman. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/blink.gif Not really sure how the Wizard of Oz crept into a game that was designed to have a post-apocalyptic James Bond theme on acid, but far be it from me to insert my opinions or dictate a course of events^. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif

Spoiler for I swear to the highest of the heavens

Spoiler for Just a suggestion:

Spoiler for AND to make it fair

Spoiler for ^

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jun 2 2017, 10:18 AM
Even if we auto-N1-kill a straw man it might still go on to be MVP for messing with everyone's head.
user posted image
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jun 2 2017, 10:09 PM
So we are going with the basic mafia, 1 baddie, 1 spy, 3 vanilla.
Plasmid will be backup since he was last to confirm of the 6.

Small Basic Mafia 1
Baddie. Wincon: Eliminate the goodies.
1) Kill.

Goodies. Wincon: Lynch the baddie.
1) Spy.
2) Vanilla.
3) Vanilla.
4) Vanilla.

Tie lynch = no one dies. Baddie wins if they enter a day phase in a 1-on-1 scenario with no lynch to be followed by kill.

1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
3. Aura
4. Boquise
5. Insaner

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jun 2 2017, 10:17 PM
N1 ends 10pm BT Saturday (23 hours 42 minutes) if I have actions by then.

and roles are all out.

This post has been edited by Nana7: Jun 2 2017, 10:19 PM

-from Cracked News
Trust me!
Group Icon

TG:
  Posted Jun 2 2017, 10:55 PM
Sup
Contabile
Awards: 1

1-2
B: 0-1
G: 1-0
I: 0-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 3 2017, 12:16 AM
Ready.
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Jun 3 2017, 04:02 AM
I'm gonna take you goons out of pasture

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
Contabile
Awards: 1

1-2
B: 0-1
G: 1-0
I: 0-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 3 2017, 04:33 PM
That sounds pretty baddie to me, Boq...
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Jun 3 2017, 05:09 PM
Only bad moos will be decalfinated.

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jun 3 2017, 10:06 PM
James Bond vs Spectre

user posted image

Aura was dressed to the nines for drinks with 007. They were having a pleasant evening until an Uber driver arrived for Bond. Though it was not that late, Bond said he had to leave to get an early start on hunting Spectre tomorrow. On the way out, he and the Uber driver stopped for drinks and to pose for a selfie. That is when Aura, a member of Spectre, decided to hit the driver over the head so he could not drive Bond home, and Bond would not be able to get that early start tomorrow.

The Uber driver collapsed, grabbing on to Bond as they both fell over. Bond was quite upset over this.

So Bond took out his gun and shot Aura. In the back. Of her arm. She developed an infection and died later that night.

In other news, Spectre's top spy may or may not have been skulking around last night.

1. maurice
2. Flamebirde
4. Boquise
5. Insaner

Dead
3. Aura killed n1 by
James Bond

D2 ends 10pm BT Sunday

This post has been edited by Nana7: Jun 3 2017, 10:09 PM

-from Cracked News
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 3 2017, 10:24 PM
Thanks. Appreciate it.

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/sleep.gif

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Trust me!
Group Icon

TG:
  Posted Jun 3 2017, 11:07 PM
Well.

maurice is a baddie http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/idk.gif

vote mo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Archives and Rules | Next Newest »

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll