Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAME IDEAS

When you feel your game idea is fully ready to be played, please START A NEW TOPIC in Games Ready with the final RIDs, rules, FAQ and prologue if applicable. Thanks, MafiaManiac Staff

Add Reply
New Poll

Clue Mafia
Explosive!
Awards: 5

B: 3-2
G: 4-8
I: 0-1
O: 2-1
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 4 2018, 07:11 PM
Based on the boardgame:

Rough start (refining today):
6 characters (from original game)
6 roles (assigned randomly to the characters)

Murderer - Kill
Block
Save
RID Murderer (arrest)
RID Weapon
RID Location

Day lynch per normal

if the murder weapon or location is correctly RID, the guesser learns the identity of one other goodie but becomes vanilla for the remainder of the game.

Night post will contain the names of the character performing the action (IE Professor Plum checks to see if the crow bar is the murder weapon), effectively tying them to their roles. This will out that the killer is XX character, but not who the player is controlling him. Essentially the unknown of what character has what role will be largely known the first night.

Goodies need to arrest the murderer (lynch)
Murderer needs to avoid arrest for 4 lynches (fixed duration game) or kill all goodies, or end a day with only 1 goodie alive who cannot prevent his own death or kill the murderer.
tie lynches result in no lynch

Fleshing out details and making it pretty, but thoughts?

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher.
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jul 5 2018, 10:12 AM
Every action appears in the NP as "[Role] used [ability] on [target]"? That gives out a lot more information than in a typical game.

Two potential undesirable things I could see happening:
If the baddie gets blocked, and the night post shows player X getting blocked while every goodie ability happens but there's no NK, then they're pretty much completely busted with no way out.

If every action appears in the night post and shows the target, it would be easy for goodies to claim a role and prove it by saying who their role will target in the next night phase. And it would be essentially impossible for the baddie to fake-claim a role: if he claims a living role then they can counterclaim and prove their role in the upcoming night that way (or be NK'ed and make it obvious that the other guy was the baddie), and if the baddie claims a dead role then that role's action won't appear in the night post and he would have to explain why he isn't acting (which would be difficult if there are say 4 players left and 4 actions appear in the post counting the baddie NK but the role he claimed didn't appear).
Explosive!

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 5 2018, 11:15 PM
Plasmid,

Makes a lot of sense. Maybe the 3 RIDs only show if they are successful? That might be a little better.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher.
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jul 6 2018, 09:56 AM
Yeah, that would work.

Would the RID murderer attempt to RID a player or a role (like Ms Scarlet or something) as the murderer? If role: two goodie roles will appear in the night post, and the RID murderer guy will know his own role, so after N1 there will only be a couple of roles left to guess from. And if player: if the NP shows that the RID murderer successfully RIDed the murderer then it would pretty much be game over.
Explosive!

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 6 2018, 04:00 PM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jul 6 2018, 03:56 AM)
Yeah, that would work.

Would the RID murderer attempt to RID a player or a role (like Ms Scarlet or something) as the murderer? If role: two goodie roles will appear in the night post, and the RID murderer guy will know his own role, so after N1 there will only be a couple of roles left to guess from. And if player: if the NP shows that the RID murderer successfully RIDed the murderer then it would pretty much be game over.

I think I understand the question.

if the RID murderer is successful, the game is over anyways.

However on night 1 it would be a huge longshot.

RID murderer action would look like, RID yuli as colonel mustard. It would only be successful if Yuli was colonel mustard, AND colonel mustard was the murderer.

on night one none of that will be known. I won't announce which characters have which roles, unless you think that makes things too difficult/weird?

Night post would have: Kill and character enacting kill (giving away part of the RID murderer for night 2, but still needing to guess which player that is), block and character enacting, save and character enacting.

Save can save self, can't save same person 2x in a row. Block can block self

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Game Ideas | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll