Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAME IDEAS

When you feel your game idea is fully ready to be played, please START A NEW TOPIC in Games Ready with the final RIDs, rules, FAQ and prologue if applicable. Thanks, MafiaManiac Staff

Add Reply
New Poll

Darkest Dungeon Mafia
Evil Wizard
Group Icon
Awards: 4

B: 0-3
G: 7-4
I: 1-0
O: 3-1
TB: N/A
TG: N/A
  Posted Aug 7 2017, 05:47 PM
user posted image

Darkest Dungeon Mafia

Ruin has come to our family.

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial. Gazing proudly from its stoic perch above the moor. I lived all my years in that ancient, rumor shadowed manor. Fattened by decadence and luxury. And yet, I began to tire of conventional extravagance. Singular, unsettling tales suggested the mansion itself was a gateway to some fabulous and unnamable power. With relic and ritual, I bent every effort towards the excavation and recovery of those long buried secrets, exhausting what remained of our family fortune on swarthy workmen and sturdy shovels.

At last, in the salt-soaked crags beneath the lowest foundations we unearthed that damnable portal and antediluvian evil. Our every step unsettled the ancient earth - but we were in a realm of death and madness! In the end, I alone fled laughing and wailing through those blackened arcades of antiquity... Until consciousness failed me.

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial. It is a festering abomination! I beg you, return home, claim your birthright and deliver our family from the ravenous clutching shadows of the Darkest Dungeon.

Baddies

"The darkness holds much worse than mere trickery and bogeymen."

The horrid spawn of the Ancestor's neglect are an innumerable horde of unnatural aberrations, but they pale in comparison to the greatest among the frothing abyss of chittering fangs and hateful eyes. The Siren, Necromancer and the Swine Prince - these are the hideous horrors that must be purged from the depths of the Manor.

Night Kill - The baddies may choose one target to KILL every night. They must select a carrier, who will perform their kill in addition to their designated action.
Come Unto Your Maker - The baddies may forgo their NIGHT KILL for two RID KILL attempts. These kills are SAVABLE and BLOCKABLE, and cannot be used two nights in a row. Also has a carrier.

Alluring Siren
"The aquatic devils have remade the poor girl in their image! She is their queen... and their slave."
Song of Desire - The Siren beckons forth a Hero with her beautiful voice, entrancing them and controlling their every move. REDIRECT.

Necromancer Lord
"Towering, fierce, terrible. Nightmare made material!"
Six Feet Under - The Necromancer summons forth the dead from the poisoned depths and directs them toward a Hero. It will not be enough to kill them... but it will surely ruin their sanity. Inflicts 40 Stress damage on a Hero. Cannot be used on the same Hero two nights in a row.

Swine Prince + Wilbur
"It is a travesty - a blundering mountain of hatred and rage."
End This One - Wilbur orders the Swine Prince to destroy a particular hero, and they work in tandem. X2 SELF VOTE MULTIPLIER.
Caretaker - If the Swine Prince + Wilbur is targeted to die by any means, whether by kill or lynch, the Swine Prince will be SAVED once, lose End This One, and gain Enraged Destruction.
Enraged Destruction - Stricken with a ponderous fury at the death of Wilbur, the Swine Prince launches into an unstoppable rampage. RID KILL. Unavailable if Come Unto Your Maker is being used the same night.

Wincon - Outnumber the goodies and kill the Fanatic. If the Fanatic has left the game, then the baddies only need to outnumber the goodies.

Goodies

"Women and men; soldiers and outlaws; fools and corpses - all will find their way to us now that the road is clear."

Following the Old Road, Heroes of all backgrounds and capabilities are drawn to the Hamlet like flies to freshly-laid excrement - whether it be fame and fortune, redemption, or some other inexplicable motive that has lead them to this hell matters little. Steady sword arms and unbroken bones are all we need to drive back the terrors below.

Gael the Vestal
"A sister of battle - pious and unrelenting!"
Divine Grace - A healing prayer that drags the body back from death's door. SAVE. Cannot be used on the same target two nights in a row.
AFFLICTION: ABUSIVE - "Blasphemers! You offend my ears AND my eyes!" The Vestal can no longer SAVE anyone who has voted for her to be lynched at any point.

Thaon the Jester
"He will be laughing still... at the end."
Inspiring Tune - A comforting shanty played on the lute, bringing some measure of merriment among the madness. Heals 20 Stress damage on the target. Cannot use it on himself.
AFFLICTION: IRRATIONAL - "Hee hee. Hee. Heee heeee heeeeeeee. Hee. Heh." 50% chance of Inspiring Tune dealing 20 Stress damage instead of healing it.

Raimbeaucourt the Houndmaster
"A lawman and his faithful beast. A bond forged by battle and bloodshed."
Target Whistle - The Houndmaster and his dog prepare to take down a filthy lawbreaker. During the day, select a target - during that day, all votes on the target count for double.
AFFLICTION: SELFISH - "The hound comes first. Then me. Then you..." Target Whistle's double vote effect only counts for Raimbeaucourt's vote.

Willoughby the Bounty Hunter
"The thrill of the hunt... The promise of payment..."
Collect Bounty - With axe and chain, claim the justice that the law could not. If a player that has been Target Whistled survives the day, from then on you may use Collect Bounty on the target at night to KILL them. Multiple bounties may be collected each night. Willoughby will be informed whenever someone is Target Whistled.
AFFLICTION: PARANOID - "Don't you cheat me... the deal was twenty-five percent." Every night, Willoughby is forced to collect at least one bounty if there are any available.

Hauville the Grave Robber
"To those with the keen eye, gold gleams like a dagger's point."
Shadow Fade - Slip a message to the target before slinking back into the shadows unseen. MESSENGER. 100 words max. Smilies count as one word. No links.
Criminal Minds - Shares a BTSC with Vernon the Highwayman.
AFFLICTION: FEARFUL - "I must away! These morbid paths curdle my blood!" Messages are reduced to a limit of 10 words.

Vernon the Highwayman
"Elusive, evasive, persistent. Righteous traits for a rogue."
Bandit's Sense - While the others sleep, Vernon tirelessly keeps watch for anything suspicious. FACTION SPY.
Criminal Minds - Shares a BTSC with Hauville the Grave Robber.
AFFLICTION: FEARFUL - "What I would not give for a drop of liquid courage..." 50% chance of seeing the target of Bandit's Sense as a baddie, whether or not they actually are.

Tourmente the Plague Doctor
"What better laboratory than a blood-soaked battlefield?"
Blinding Gas - Cast down an urn of noxious fumes that disrupt respiration and water the eyes. BLOCK.
AFFLICTION: MASOCHISTIC - "Cut me again, villain. My humours seed the night air!" Instead of blocking the target's action with Blinding Gas, Tourmente redirects it to herself.

Peccoth the Abomination
"Tortured and reclusive... This man is more dangerous than he seems..."
Transformation - Beneath the human-like veneer, Peccoth is one of them - a monster, a fiend, an abhorrent Abomination! If targeted for a kill during the night, Peccoth will take his killer with him.
AFFLICTION: HOPELESS - "The hours tumble by, dull and empty since that terrible day." Peccoth will die without resistance, effectively making him a vanilla townie.

Mortagne the Flagellant
"Awash in blood and delusion, he bears the burden of a thousand lifetimes!"
Punish - Mortagne flogs himself with his flail, taking a disturbing solace in his own suffering. Inflicts 10 Stress damage on himself.
AFFLICTION: RAPTUROUS - "I've waited long for this! DON'T TAKE IT FROM ME." Punish is now an RID KILL that targets other players. If the RID KILL fails, perform the normal self-stress damage.

Wincon - Kill all the baddies and the Fanatic.

Indy

Madness can take many forms, but none so contemptible as man's belief in a mythology of his own making. A world view buttressed by dogmatic desperation invariably leads to single-minded fanaticism, and a need to do terrible things in the name of righteousness. This man is an animal - rabid, destructive, and incapable of nuanced understanding. He. must. be. put. down.

The Fanatic
"The flames of the smoldering pyre dance in his eyes with murderous zeal."
Sentence Rendered - The Fanatic kidnaps and ties his victim to the stake, ready to be burned and condemned. TRAP (Block + Silence + No vote). At the end of the following day, the Fanatic will be informed whether or not his victim bears the Crimson Curse.
Brand the Tainted - Char the flesh with a branding iron, burning an eternal reminder of their unholy affliction upon their corpse. KILL. If the target did not have the Crimson Curse, the Fanatic's identity will be revealed.

Wincon - Three among the so-called Heroes bear the Crimson Curse. Kill them. The bearers of the Curse are randomly selected, and are otherwise unaffected besides being the Fanatic's target. When the wincon is achieved, the Fanatic leaves the game, but it continues on otherwise.

Stress and Afflictions

The Heroes are only human, and both body and mind are easily broken. Every Hero has a Stress Counter. It begins at 0, and goes up to 200. When it reaches 100, the Hero suffers their corresponding Affliction for the rest of the game. When it reaches 200, the Hero suffers a Heart Attack and dies. In addition to the abilities detailed above, various circumstances will influence the Stress of ALL the Heroes:

Vestal saves someone from death: -30
No Night Kill: -20
The Fanatic is revealed: -20
A Baddie is lynched: -20
No Lynch occurs: -10
The Fanatic leaves the game: -10

Someone is killed at night: +10 (for each death)
Come Unto Your Maker: +10 (On top of normal death stress)
The Abomination Transforms: +10
The Fanatic traps somebody: +20
A Goodie is lynched: +20

OOP:

Redirect > Trap > Block > Kill.

Kills are not blocking.

Players aren't told if they were redirected.

RID kills are savable and blockable.

Tie lynch: Nobody dies.

Any questions/comments/recommendations?

user posted image user posted image
Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside:
The mechanized hum of another world

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness, I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Aug 8 2017, 02:45 AM
Initial thoughts:

I get the feeling that the Fanatic's wincon is sort of a matter of chance more than anything. There's no way for him to tell who might be cursed (except knowing that they're goodies) and if the players themselves don't even know they're cursed then it's impossible for them to have any tells that betray the fact.
That said, what happens if cursed players die by means other than Fanatic kills? Does that still count toward his wincon (in which case he might just bargain with the goodies at the beginning of the game to please leave him alone and let him reach his wincon, and in return he won't trap any goodies), or does it become unachievable, or does he get new targets?

How do you envision stress playing out in practice? It looks like an N1 NK (+10), D1 indy trap and mislynch (+40), and the same thing happening N2/D2 will hamstring all of the goodies in the game.

I worry about having a faction spy sharing BTSC with a messenger...

Do players know their own stress level and whether the affliction is in effect? For stuff like Tourmente I imagine they wouldn't act at all if they know they have affliction.

Does Swine Prince get to turn off his vote x2 if having it active would out his role? If not, the goodies might just call for everyone to vote self D1 so the Swine Prince would have to end up either self-lynching or outed for not following the plan.
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Aug 8 2017, 04:00 AM
The players know they're cursed, but fair point. As for if cursed players die from other means, I was thinking it WOULD fulfill his wincon, but only if he KNOWS the person was cursed... or if he has a way of finding out they were cursed after the fact. Maybe I can change his wincon to "Identify the three cursed players, and make sure they die." And he suffers some sort of penalty for incorrect identifications so he can't just guess wildly. This way he still needs to rely on trapping people without being completely f*cked if they die otherwise.

I should probably get rid of the trap stress damage. It piles on way too quickly with that there. Overall though I want stress to be accumulating at a faster rate than it can be healed so that, although the Jester and a really good Vestal and Plague Doctor can slow down the growth of stress, eventually the heroes will all start going nuts given enough time.

Faction Spy + Messenger IS a very powerful combo but I kinda thought it was balanced out by the goodie/baddie ratio (9-3) + the indy being someone who wants to kill goodies. I'm no expert though.

Players are aware of their stress level and affliction status. Only their own though. And yeah I suppose you could have a particularly unselfish plague doctor who wants to take one for the team. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif

Swine Prince is fully in control of whether or not to use his vote multiplier.

This post has been edited by Gubbey: Aug 8 2017, 04:01 AM

I hear my inside:

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Aug 14 2017, 06:09 PM
user posted image

Darkest Dungeon Mafia

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial. Gazing proudly from its stoic perch above the moor. I lived all my years in that ancient, rumor shadowed manor. Fattened by decadence and luxury. And yet, I began to tire of conventional extravagance. Singular, unsettling tales suggested the mansion itself was a gateway to some fabulous and unnamable power. With relic and ritual, I bent every effort towards the excavation and recovery of those long buried secrets, exhausting what remained of our family fortune on swarthy workmen and sturdy shovels.

At last, in the salt-soaked crags beneath the lowest foundations we unearthed that damnable portal and antediluvian evil. Our every step unsettled the ancient earth - but we were in a realm of death and madness! In the end, I alone fled laughing and wailing through those blackened arcades of antiquity... Until consciousness failed me.

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial. It is a festering abomination! I beg you, return home, claim your birthright and deliver our family from the ravenous clutching shadows of the Darkest Dungeon.

Baddies

The horrid spawn of the Ancestor's neglect are an innumerable horde of unnatural aberrations, but they pale in comparison to the greatest among the frothing abyss of chittering fangs and hateful eyes. The Siren, Necromancer and the Swine Prince - these are the hideous horrors that must be purged from the depths of the Manor.

Night Kill - The baddies may choose one target to KILL every night. They must select a carrier, who will perform their kill in addition to their designated action.
Come Unto Your Maker - The baddies may forgo their NIGHT KILL for two RID KILL attempts. These kills are SAVABLE and BLOCKABLE, and cannot be used two nights in a row. Also has a carrier.

Alluring Siren
"The aquatic devils have remade the poor girl in their image! She is their queen... and their slave."
Song of Desire - The Siren beckons forth a Hero with her beautiful voice, entrancing them and controlling their every move. REDIRECT.

Necromancer Lord
"Towering, fierce, terrible. Nightmare made material!"
Six Feet Under - The Necromancer summons forth the dead from the poisoned depths and directs them toward a Hero. It will not be enough to kill them... but it will surely ruin their sanity. Inflicts 40 Stress damage on a Hero. Cannot be used on the same Hero two nights in a row.

Swine Prince + Wilbur
End This One - Wilbur orders the Swine Prince to destroy a particular hero, and they work in tandem. X2 SELF VOTE MULTIPLIER.
Caretaker - If the Swine Prince + Wilbur is targeted to die by any means, whether by kill or lynch, the Swine Prince will be SAVED once, lose End This One, and gain Enraged Destruction.
Enraged Destruction - Stricken with a ponderous fury at the death of Wilbur, the Swine Prince launches into an unstoppable rampage. RID KILL. Unavailable if Come Unto Your Maker is being used the same night.

Wincon - Outnumber the goodies and kill the Fanatic. If the Fanatic has left the game, then the baddies only need to outnumber the goodies.

Goodies

"Women and men; soldiers and outlaws; fools and corpses - all will find their way to us now that the road is clear."

Following the Old Road, Heroes of all backgrounds and capabilities are drawn to the Hamlet like flies to freshly-laid excrement - whether it be fame and fortune, redemption, or some other inexplicable motive that has lead them to this hell matters little. Steady sword arms and unbroken bones are all we need to drive back the terrors below.

Gael the Vestal
Divine Grace - A healing prayer that drags the body back from death's door. SAVE. Cannot be used on the same target two nights in a row.
AFFLICTION: ABUSIVE - "Blasphemers! You offend my ears AND my eyes!" The Vestal can no longer SAVE anyone who has voted for her to be lynched at any point.

Thaon the Jester
Inspiring Tune - A comforting shanty played on the lute, bringing some measure of merriment among the madness. Heals 20 Stress damage on the target. Cannot use it on himself.
AFFLICTION: IRRATIONAL - "Hee hee. Hee. Heee heeee heeeeeeee. Hee. Heh." 50% chance of Inspiring Tune dealing 20 Stress damage instead of healing it.

Target Whistle - The Houndmaster and his dog prepare to take down a filthy lawbreaker. During the day, select a target - during that day, all votes on the target count for double.
AFFLICTION: SELFISH - "The hound comes first. Then me. Then you..." Target Whistle's double vote effect only counts for Raimbeaucourt's vote.

Collect Bounty - With axe and chain, claim the justice that the law could not. If a player that has been Target Whistled survives the day, from then on you may use Collect Bounty on the target at night to KILL them. Multiple bounties may be collected each night. Willoughby will be informed whenever someone is Target Whistled.
AFFLICTION: PARANOID - "Don't you cheat me... the deal was twenty-five percent." Every night, Willoughby is forced to collect at least one bounty if there are any available.

Shadow Fade - Slip a message to the target before slinking back into the shadows unseen. MESSENGER. 100 words max. Smilies count as one word. No links.
AFFLICTION: FEARFUL - "I must away! These morbid paths curdle my blood!" Messages are reduced to a limit of 10 words.

Vernon the Highwayman
Bandit's Sense - While the others sleep, Vernon tirelessly keeps watch for anything suspicious. FACTION SPY.
AFFLICTION: FEARFUL - "What I would not give for a drop of liquid courage..." 50% chance of seeing the target of Bandit's Sense as a baddie, whether or not they actually are.

Blinding Gas - Cast down an urn of noxious fumes that disrupt respiration and water the eyes. BLOCK.
AFFLICTION: MASOCHISTIC - "Cut me again, villain. My humours seed the night air!" Instead of blocking the target's action with Blinding Gas, Tourmente redirects it to herself.

Peccoth the Abomination
Transformation - Beneath the human-like veneer, Peccoth is one of them - a monster, a fiend, an abhorrent Abomination! If targeted for a kill during the night, Peccoth will take his killer with him.
AFFLICTION: HOPELESS - "The hours tumble by, dull and empty since that terrible day." Peccoth will die without resistance, effectively making him a vanilla townie.

Mortagne the Flagellant
Punish - Mortagne flogs himself with his flail, taking a disturbing solace in his own suffering. Inflicts 10 Stress damage on himself.
AFFLICTION: RAPTUROUS - "I've waited long for this! DON'T TAKE IT FROM ME." Punish is now an RID KILL that targets other players. If the RID KILL fails, perform the normal self-stress damage.

Indy

Madness can take many forms, but none so contemptible as man's belief in a mythology of his own making. A world view buttressed by dogmatic desperation invariably leads to single-minded fanaticism, and a need to do terrible things in the name of righteousness. This man is an animal - rabid, destructive, and incapable of nuanced understanding. He. must. be. put. down.

The Fanatic
Sentence Rendered - The Fanatic kidnaps and ties his victim to the stake, ready to be burned and condemned. TRAP (Block + Silence + No vote). At the end of the following day, the Fanatic will be informed whether or not his victim bears the Crimson Curse.
Brand the Tainted - Char the flesh with a branding iron, burning an eternal reminder of their unholy affliction upon their corpse. KILL. If the target did not have the Crimson Curse, the Fanatic's identity will be revealed.
AFFLICTION: Righteous Fury - "We are not the flame! We are but moths burning in its light!" Sentence Rendered is no longer available.

Wincon - Three among the so-called Heroes bear the Crimson Curse. Identify them and make sure they die or are already dead. You can guess as many times as you like during the night, but incorrect guesses inflict 10 Stress damage on the Fanatic. The bearers of the Curse are randomly selected, and are otherwise unaffected besides being the Fanatic's target. When the wincon is achieved, the Fanatic leaves the game, but it continues on otherwise.

Stress and Afflictions

The Heroes and the Fanatic are only human, and both body and mind are easily broken. Every Hero/Indy has a Stress Counter. It begins at 0, and goes up to 200. When it reaches 100, the Hero/Indy suffers their corresponding Affliction for the rest of the game. When it reaches 200, the Hero/Indy suffers a Heart Attack and dies. In addition to the abilities detailed above, various circumstances will influence the Stress of ALL the Heroes (But not the Fanatic):

OOP:

Kills are not blocking.

Any questions/comments/recommendations?

This post has been edited by Gubbey: Aug 14 2017, 06:14 PM

I hear my inside:

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Aug 15 2017, 12:41 AM
If the indy can guess who carries the curse as many times as he wants at night, and if there are 12 non-indy players in the game, then that means that after he identifies two of the three cursed players he can just guess everyone else as the third cursed player and be sure he'll get the right combination of three before dying from 200 stress (since other stress modifications don't apply to him except that baddie +40 stress one). That might be a reasonable thing to do if he has no other way of figuring out whether a player who got N1 killed or smth was cursed (I'm assuming he can't trap dead players). Just want to make sure you're aware, and if you're ok with it then I'm ok with it.

I'm guessing that if he makes a guess and doesn't get all three correct, then he just gets told that the guess was incorrect but not whether any of the three guesses was correct? If he did get told "player A was cursed but B and C weren't" or even "one of the three was correct" then I think he'd be able to figure out the triplet much more easily but I haven't done the math yet.

I admit I'm still squeemish about having a goodie BTSC with a spy and a messenger, but it might not be something that breaks the game so if you want to keep it then that's ok.

I don't think I'll have any more comments or insights in the near future, so if you want to call it ready and post signups then I'd say it can go unless anyone else posts comments on the design within about a day or so.
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB: 1-2
TG: 3-4
  Posted Aug 15 2017, 01:29 AM
how does multiple guessing work for one night? could indy send in 9 guesses for 9 players and get 9 results?

also, having the indy kill or otherwise want 3 goodies dead and no baddies dead tilts the balance against the goodies.
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Aug 15 2017, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Aug 14 2017, 10:41 PM)
If the indy can guess who carries the curse as many times as he wants at night, and if there are 12 non-indy players in the game, then that means that after he identifies two of the three cursed players he can just guess everyone else as the third cursed player and be sure he'll get the right combination of three before dying from 200 stress (since other stress modifications don't apply to him except that baddie +40 stress one). That might be a reasonable thing to do if he has no other way of figuring out whether a player who got N1 killed or smth was cursed (I'm assuming he can't trap dead players). Just want to make sure you're aware, and if you're ok with it then I'm ok with it.

I do want the indy to have something of a strategy he can fall back on if all of his targets are killed before he has a chance to identify them himself. So yeah I'm fine with that. Although, I would like it if the baddies had a reason to specifically target the Fanatic with Six Feet Under, which is why, in addition to Nana's comments above, I am considering making a specific baddie a target as well. But I'm not sure if that'd make things too hard on the Fanatic.

QUOTE (plasmid @ Aug 14 2017, 10:41 PM)
I'm guessing that if he makes a guess and doesn't get all three correct, then he just gets told that the guess was incorrect but not whether any of the three guesses was correct? If he did get told "player A was cursed but B and C weren't" or even "one of the three was correct" then I think he'd be able to figure out the triplet much more easily but I haven't done the math yet.

I was planning on having it say "One/Two/Three of your guesses was correct," yes.

@Nana's question, how it works is that one "guess" consists of sending in which three players you believe has the Curse. If all three players you send in have the Curse, then that portion of the wincon is considered finished and they only need be killed. If at least one is incorrect, you're hit with the 10 Stress. So you can guess the threesome as many times as you want each night, but since getting even one wrong results in stress damage, you need to be careful.

I hear my inside:

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Aug 15 2017, 03:52 AM
user posted image

Darkest Dungeon Mafia

Baddies

Alluring Siren

The Baron
"It would seem his thirst for triviality remains unabated - even now."
Necessary Discipline - The Baron lashes forth his hideous insectoid tendrils, intending inflict pain for his own amusement rather than strike a killing blow. Inflicts 40 Stress damage on a Hero. Cannot be used on the same Hero two nights in a row.
The Crimson Curse - The Curse's abhorrent mutations have twisted the Baron into a festering, bloated larval horror, a testament to why all those afflicted must be purged. The Baron is a target of the Fanatic.

Swine Prince + Wilbur

Goodies

Gael the Vestal

Thaon the Jester

Vernon the Highwayman

Peccoth the Abomination

Mortagne the Flagellant

Indy

The Fanatic
AFFLICTION: Righteous Fury - "We are not the flame! We are but moths burning in its light!" Sentence Rendered is no longer available.

Wincon - Three among the so-called Heroes bear the Crimson Curse. Identify them and make sure they die or are already dead. You can guess as many times as you like during the night, but incorrect guesses inflict 10 Stress damage on the Fanatic. The bearers of the Curse are randomly selected, and are otherwise unaffected besides being the Fanatic's target. In addition, the Baron must also die, though he doesn't need to be identified - you will simply be informed if he has perished. When the wincon is achieved, the Fanatic leaves the game, but it continues on otherwise.

Stress and Afflictions

The Heroes and the Fanatic are only human, and both body and mind are easily broken. Every Hero/Indy has a Stress Counter. It begins at 0, and goes up to 200. When it reaches 100, the Hero/Indy suffers their corresponding Affliction for the rest of the game. When it reaches 200, the Hero/Indy suffers a Heart Attack and dies. In addition to the abilities detailed above, various circumstances will influence the Stress of ALL the Heroes (But not the Fanatic):

OOP:

Kills are not blocking.

let's see what peeps think of this

I hear my inside:

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Aug 15 2017, 03:58 AM
user posted image

Darkest Dungeon Mafia

Baddies

The horrid spawn of the Ancestor's neglect are an innumerable horde of unnatural aberrations, but they pale in comparison to the greatest among the frothing abyss of chittering fangs and hateful eyes. The Siren, the Baron and the Swine Prince - these are the hideous horrors that must be purged from the depths of the Manor.

Alluring Siren

The Baron
"It would seem his thirst for triviality remains unabated - even now."
Necessary Discipline - The Baron lashes forth his hideous insectoid tendrils, intending inflict pain for his own amusement rather than strike a killing blow. Inflicts 40 Stress damage on a Hero. Cannot be used on the same Hero two nights in a row.
The Crimson Curse - The Curse's abhorrent mutations have twisted the Baron into a festering, bloated larval horror, a testament to why all those afflicted must be purged. The Baron is a target of the Fanatic.

Swine Prince + Wilbur

Goodies

Gael the Vestal

Thaon the Jester

Vernon the Highwayman

Peccoth the Abomination

Mortagne the Flagellant

Indy

The Fanatic

Wincon - Three among the so-called Heroes bear the Crimson Curse. Identify them and Baron and make sure they all die or are already dead. You can guess as many times as you like during the night, but incorrect guesses inflict 10 Stress damage on the Fanatic. The bearers of the Curse (besides the Baron) are randomly selected, and are otherwise unaffected besides being the Fanatic's target. When the wincon is achieved, the Fanatic leaves the game, but it continues on otherwise.

Stress and Afflictions

OOP:

Kills are not blocking.

(this means each guess would be identifying FOUR players each night, although no distinction is made as to which one is the Baron - it's just guaranteed that the Baron is one of those players, and needs to die along with the three randomly-selected heroes)

This post has been edited by Gubbey: Aug 15 2017, 03:59 AM

I hear my inside:

Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Aug 16 2017, 08:07 PM
My sense is that if the indy hears how many of his guesses are correct for each night then that'll make things easier than what I was expecting if he just heard "you got 'em all right!" or "nah that's not the trio". If you think his wincon is pretty hard then I suppose you could let him submit guesses each night phase and each day phase and see the results after each phase.

But I'd be ok with going ahead and running it either way. Also decide what should happen if Siren redirects player A to player B while an afflicted Tourmente redirects player A to herself (if she's not player B), but whatever you decide won't affect its readiness for signups.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Game Ideas | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll