Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (28) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Angel Mafia VI, Season 5
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 21

B: 13-12
G: 27-21
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 02:23 PM
Angel Mafia VI: Season 5

user posted image

Goodies: Wolfram & Hart (L.A. branch) - former Angel Investigations and friends are now working as the L.A. branch of their once nemesis Wolfram & Hart corporation. Fighting evil ... inside an evil corporation - the belly of the beast. WinCon - Remove Baddies (Circle of the Black Thorn) & Indy from the game

1. Angel - Vampire - Vampire with a soul, still seeking atonement for past crimes. Now the CEO of Wolfram & Hart LA Office with a lot of resources at his disposal. He can stalk and kill one player each night, but his own army of bodyguards makes it hard for him to Role-ID his enemies. Has BTSC with Nina. (Kill / BTSC)

2. Spike - Vampire / Ghost - Magically delivered by FedEx to Angel's office, he is now trapped as a ghost in the afterlife, pretty much insubstantial. However he is far from useless as he can submit a subset of at least 3 names each night (not himself) and will be find out if any Baddies are present. (Sorta spy)

3. "Wes" (Wesley Wyndam-Pryce) - Human - He still does what he has to do to protect others and what he knows is right. Of course, making the hard decisions means he can save one person per night except himself. Instead, he can decide to set a trap and take a would-be attacker with him in death. (Save / Martyr)

4. "Fred" (Winifred Burkle) - Human - Extremely smart, but still pretty crazy, she has found plenty of intriguing mysteries in the science lab. Focused on turning Spike back from his ghost form, she experiments each night. If she RID guesses Spike correctly, they gain BTSC and Spike becomes a vampire again (flavor only), if Spike dies she gains a RID Kill. (Guess)

5. "Gunn" (Charles Gunn) - Human - Former tough street kid with a moral compass, has undergone some kind of surgery that enhanced him to the point where he definitely has the expertise needed to head the Legal Department. Each night can incapacitate a person using shady legal means and find his/her type (Human / Non-Human). (Block)

6. "Lorne" (Krev-Lorne Swath of the Deathwok Clan) - Demon/Pylean - He naturally became the new head of Wolfram & Hart's Entertainment Division with various business deals in the film industry. Unfortunately, he chose to have his sleep removed which an empath should never-ever-do. As his sleep deprived skills manifest subconsciously his cynicism grows and so does his temper. Whenever he hits a high note he will block a player's action. ODTG can ask the host if a statement is true. (Block)

7. Harmony Kendall - Vampire - former nemesis turned secretary. Because it's always good to have a familiar face around that keep the blood cool. She sure can run tasks around the office or at least follow people around. (Spy)
If she chooses X as target, she has a choice between 2 spy options:
A. Follow spy: will find out who X targeted at night (regardless of correctness for RIDs) or "stayed home" for any inactiveness or blocked actions or day actions.
B. Intercept spy (reverse-follow spy): will get a list of players that targeted X at night (including RIDs on X, regardless of correctness) or just her name if no one acted on X.

8. Nina Ash - Werewolf - a young art major biten by a werewolf and saved by Angel. She voluntarily submits to being caged during the full moon. Well, up until Angel asked her out for coffee and now they have BTSC. (Vanilla / BTSC).

Baddies: Circle of the Black Thorn. Wincon - the driving force behind the apocalyptic plans, they actually like to amass power for themselves and as such cannot tolerate interference from anyone regardless of faction (last standing). NK has a carrier but cannot be blocked only saved from. Carrier is only used for story purposes and in case Wesley martyrs.

9. "Archduke Sebassis" - Demon - A hairless demon with antelope-like horns and pointed ears. He commands demonic legions that he can send each night to block a person. ODTG can insta-RID Kill but will not be able to use his action that night (or the next night if it is day). (Block)

10. "Cyvus Vail" - Demon - A powerful red-skinned warlock with vast economic power. Can redirect one vote (if blocked at night, he cannot). (Vote manip)

11. "Senator Helen Brucker" - Demon - Green-blooded demon in a human host with the ambition to become the president. She has numerous vampire bodyguards and campaign staff. Each night can RID guess two persons that share a BTSC. If successful, this breaks the BTSC permanently. (BTSC breaker)

Indy: Child of the Senior Partners - Survive the Apocalypse (last standing)

12. "Eve" - Human - The primary liaison with the Senior Partners comes and goes at her leisure, usually stirring up trouble as she goes. She has immortality but she will have to renounce that at some point. Immortality works only for N1 & N2 (will be shown as saved by Wesley if targeted by a successful NK) and does not save from being lynched. Can make her vote count x2 (if blocked at night, she cannot.) Each night can RID guess 1 person as Angel and 1 person as Spike, trying to find the vampire becoming human in the Shanshu Prophecy. If at least 1 RID is correct and target is alive at the end of the night, she gains a RID Kill each night.

Rules:
*OOA: Block > Save > RID Kill > Kill > Spy. Kills are not blocking.
*BTSC breaks only existing BTSCs, even if they were established the same night they are correctly broken. Spike starts the game in a BTSC, Fred's correct guess will make her see that BTSC even if it is disrupted the same night.
*Baddie ODTG insta RID kill is outside OOA, it happens instantaneously and is announced by host in a separate post only if successful.
*NP shows only Kills and Saves. DP shows lynched player's role, no indication on vote manipulation.
*Tie: D1 No lynch. D2+ All lynched.
*Blocks will count as successful if the block went through unstopped by another block. Daily actions are blockable. Blocked players will be told so. Two blocks blocking each other = both fail.
*No abstaining is allowed, every player starts the day with a vote on self.
*Statement must be chosen by Lorne from the thread, host holds the right to refuse to answer for out-of-game, paradoxes or illogical. Answer is from the host's PoV i.e. absolute truth for the game.
*Indy cannot tie win with Goodies and Baddies unless all planets align and conspire to make it so i.e. the game ends with the last 2 remaining factions die out in the same phase. If all 3 factions die out in the same phase, only the host wins.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Sep 2 2017, 02:24 PM
Host: Araver
Characters:
1. Sparrowhawk
2. dee
3. Marq
4. Hirkala
5. Takari
6. maurice
7. nana7
8. Boquise
9. aura
10. Jay
11. plasmid
12. Insaner

PMs going out this will take a few minutes.

*araver asks you not to post until I give the green light. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/wink.gif

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Sep 2 2017, 02:47 PM
Roles are out. Message me if you haven't received one.

Game has started. Good luck and have fun.
EDIT: That also means you can post now http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/wink.gif

Night 1 ends 2AM EDT and is doubled (48+ hours) to accommodate the longer signups and early questions.

Rest of the phases will have 24h. Please watch the clock in Board News. (Smaller Board News topic if on mobile)

user posted image
Trust me!
Group Icon
Awards: 2

8-3
B: 1-1
G: 5-2
I:
O: 1-0
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 03:21 PM
You know you're an addict when a couple of weeks off online mafia seems like forever http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/ohmy.gif

Anyway it's good to be http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/banana.gif back in action http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/banana.gif
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 05:55 PM
Since you missed out on the last game, I'll sum it up for you.
Spoiler for summary

(If I don't get NKed for that then it clears SH and Boq.)
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 18

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 06:32 PM
Oh my God I almost snorted my Jolly Rancher out my nose

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
Jay
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 9-11
G: 29-14
I: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 06:38 PM
I will simplify that code for everybody....

Am I dead yet? http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/popcorn.gif

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 26

B: 9-8
G: 34-20
I: 3-6
O: 9-11
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Sep 2 2017, 11:55 PM)
Since you missed out on the last game, I'll sum it up for you.
Spoiler for summary

(If I don't get NKed for that then it clears SH and Boq.)

Lol

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov

And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis

There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agathe Christie
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 10:28 PM
fozzybear did not work, and I tried all the other pw too. What is the pw?

Also, op says two factions can win together if they both die at the same time. Does that mean the goodies and baddies can team up against the indy for a shared win?

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Jay
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 2 2017, 11:49 PM
user posted image

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Sep 3 2017, 12:02 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Sep 2 2017, 08:28 PM)

Also, op says two factions can win together if they both die at the same time. Does that mean the goodies and baddies can team up against the indy for a shared win?

https://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/decrypt/
Algorithm: Cast 256
Mode: CBC
Decode using: Hexa
Also get rid of all the carriage returns in the encrypted message; that was just to make it look prettier in the spoiler.
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Sep 3 2017, 12:22 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Sep 2 2017, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Sep 2 2017, 08:28 PM)

https://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/decrypt/
Algorithm: Cast 256
Mode: CBC
Decode using: Hexa
Also get rid of all the carriage returns in the encrypted message; that was just to make it look prettier in the spoiler.

:smh: PW: dood
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Sep 3 2017, 01:47 AM
http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/dry.gif

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Sep 3 2017, 09:15 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Sep 3 2017, 06:28 AM)

Nope. Those are rules for the Indy tie-win with either Goodies or Baddies. There is no way for Goodies and Baddies to win together.

The sentence should be read "Indy cannot tie win with Goodies and Baddies unless all planets align and conspire to make it so i.e. the game ends with the last 2 remaining factions die out in the same phase. If all 3 factions die out in the same phase, only the host wins."

user posted image
Jay
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 3 2017, 04:19 PM
Okay, so being N1 has been quiet so far.... willing to bet that there are at least 2 non-goodies in slots 1-5. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/wink.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Angel Mafia VI | Next Newest »

Pages: (28) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll