Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (42) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

KaTSWiLM :3
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 02:36 AM
KAMIKAZE THIEF SECRET WIZARD LOLCAT MAFIA :·3

Cats have 9 lives. Lolcats in this game have 6 because they tend to do stupid stuff and lose a few before even making it into mafia games. Hence, a lolcat will not be killed off by a single NK, nor a few lives lost through a lynch, but must lose all 6 lives before they're out of the game. You heard me right about “a few lives lost through a lynch”. I don't want the game to take forever with players losing 6 lives, so every vote in the lynch will remove 1 life from whoever gets voted at end of day, whether or not they actually get most of the votes. No abstaining, and default is to vote for self.

Wizard lolcats are fearsome indeed. At least when they have their act together and have a scroll in their paws so they can cast a spell. Otherwise they're pretty much vanilla. When they do have scrolls they can do all sorts of things listed below, but only one action per Night/Day cycle. How do they get ahold of scrolls? Why, they're thieves, of course!

Thief wizard lolcats start the mafia with a random scroll, but they're not just content to sit around holding on to that scroll. No, sir. If you want a scroll, you've got to go out and take it! Each day phase, the lolcats pick someone they want to steal a scroll from and they go out and take a scroll from said lolcat to use in the next Night/Day cycle. It works like so: each lolcat has an ordered list of scrolls like {Haz a happee, monorail, out of focus} where the scroll they start the game with is the first one on the list and each time they steal a scroll it's added to the end. If someone steals from that lolcat, they'll take the first scroll on their list (Haz a happee) and leave them with {Monorail, out of focus}. If two players steal from that lolcat on the same day, the first one to steal gets the Haz a happee scroll and the second one to steal gets the Monorail scroll, and the lolcat is left with Out of focus. But if said lolcat also steals the dreaded Basement cat scroll from another player at the same time, he'll end up with {Out of focus, Basement}. And of course if you try to steal from someone who has nothing, then you get nothing. The order of stealing is randomized each day phase and not revealed to anyone. You can steal from the corpse of a dead lolcat.

Kamikaze thief wizard lolcats are more powerful than mere thief wizard lolcats because they can use kamikaze abilities that come along with their scrolls, which tend to be more powerful than regular abilities but will cost the caster a life to use.

Kamikaze thief secret wizard lolcats are, well, secret. No one knows the faction affiliation of the other roles at the beginning of the game (except of course the baddies. And the host.) But every Night phase there will be a voting roster where players vote for which role to faction reveal, and whichever role is chosen will be revealed in the NP as either baddie or goodie. And the faction but not role of each player is revealed upon their death, whether it occurs during the night or day.

Baddies.
Wincon: Convince the host you can wipe out the goodies with certainty.
NK: They get a certain number of kills and can use them on whichever players they want, but no more than three kills per night on any single player. Unless they RID said player, in which case they can use as many kills as they want on 'em. Total number of kills each night = (Number of players in the game) divided by 2, rounded up. NP will show who gets targeted for NKs and how many on each target. Also, they can feint NKs. That means that some of the NKs can be made to appear in the NP but not actually happen and not cost the target a life.
BTSC. Be thankful I've done away with the BTSC spying thing.

Goodies.
Wincon: Convince the host you can wipe out the baddies with certainty. Or just wipe them out. Then the host ought to be pretty certain you can do it.

Role names and number of goodies and baddies in the game
Will be decided when I see how many people sign up. But probably will have [Goodies] = 2 x [Baddies] + 2 or thereabouts.

Scrolls
Ceiling cat scroll – Save me Jeebus: Target does not lose any lives this night, even if they would've lost like a dozen or something. Appears in the NP.
Kamikaze – Cast the first stone: Target does not lose any lives from voting on the following day. Does not appear in the NP or DP.

Basement cat scroll – Kill: Target loses one life. Appears in the NP.
Kamikaze – Smite: Target loses all lives, and your own full RID (role and player name) is publicly revealed in the NP as the killer.

Monorail cat scroll – Commute: You are physically not present while night actions are happening so you can't be acted upon. Actions targeting you still show up in the NP, they just don't have an effect. You can still be acted on (and stolen from) during the day. This ability does not appear in the NP.
Kamikaze – Dodge: Choose a target, and all actions that were aimed at you will appear in the NP as happening to you but will instead happen to them. Does not appear in the NP.

Grumpy cat scroll – Grumpify: Your target's action is changed to kill, but still appears as whatever action they were planning to use in the NP. This ability does not appear in the NP.
Kamikaze – Raise a stink: Poison your target and anyone they act on so they all lose one extra life every night permanently. Poisoned players are not informed that they were poisoned. Does not stack if someone gets poisoned more than once. Does not appear in the NP.

Haz a happee cat scroll – Happee: Target gains one life but cannot exceed 6 lives at the end of the night. Cannot act on self. Appears in the NP.
Kamikaze – HAPPEEEEE!!1!: Target as many lolcats as you want except self and they each gain one life but cannot exceed 6 lives at the end of the night. Appears in the NP.

Cheezburger cat scroll – Noms: Bribe your target so you can control their vote, either faction reveal or kill vote but not both. If you control someone's vote during the voting for faction reveal, then during the night phase you specify whose vote you want to control and what you want it to be. If you control someone's vote during the day phase to kill, the lolcat whose vote you want to manip is chosen at night, and where you want their vote to end up is chosen during the day. Does not appear in the NP.
Kamikaze – I can haz: You take the first scroll in your target's list, and make that action fail if they use it. If they attempt to use the scroll you're stealing, their action still appears in the NP but it doesn't actually do anything. This action (I can haz) does not appear in the NP. The target is informed at the end of the night phase that they were robbed.

Out of focus cat scroll – Can't seez: Sees their target's role and a random role (excluding self or a co-baddie if they're a baddie) without knowing which one belongs to their target. Does not appear in the NP.
Kamikaze – Smile!: Sees their target's role and the NP says “Out of focus cat scroll was used on [Role name]” but doesn't say who used it or which player ended up getting targeted.

Moderator kitteh scroll – Disapprove submishun: Target's action is blocked for the night (day actions are not blocked) but still appears in the NP. Does not affect voting. This action does not appear in the NP, and the target is not informed.
Kamikaze – Banhammer: Target is blocked at night and day, and banned from voting in the day phase but can still be voted for. The target is named in the NP but the caster is not.

Literacy cat scroll – Grammer check: See what scrolls your target has. If the target uses or gets targeted by “I can haz” then you see what scrolls they have after the “I can haz” occurs. Does not appear in NP.
Kamikaze – Rewrite history: You can choose which role will be shown in the NP as carrying out any actions that would appear in the NP. For example you can say “If either Happee or HAPPEEEEE!!1! gets used then make it look like Garfield used it”. This ability does not appear in the NP.

In ur computer cat scroll – Hack: Redirect. Does not appear in the NP. If the redirected action is something that appears in the NP, it appears as it was submitted and not as it actually occurred after the redirect.
Kamikaze - XOR: Name two living lolcats (excluding self) and learn whether they are both the same faction. Does not appear in the NP.

Invisible bicycle cat scroll – Wheee!: Chase your target and find out who they acted on. If your target acted on multiple players, you see one chosen by random.org. If your target got redirected, you see who they really acted on. Does not appear in the NP.
Kamikaze – E.T. Ride: Pick three lolcats to watch from the skies and see everyone who targeted each of them (e.g. players A, B, & C targeted player X; players R, O, F targeted player L; etc). Does not appear in the NP.

NP shows stuff per the Scroll descriptions. It does not show the current number of lives for each lolcat, but players will be told how many lives they have left via PM.
OOP: Kamikaze > Not Kamikaze. Kamikaze monorail > “I can haz” > Monorail > Grumpify > Block > Redirect.

Lolcats will only be dead and out of the game if they have no lives left after all of the calculations for all actions in the phase are finished. In other words: if you go into a night phase with one life and you get hit by the Grumpy cat Kamikaze to lose a life and go to zero lives, then get hit by a non-kamikaze Happee to gain a life and get back to one life, then you still survive (even though you were briefly at zero lives). Basement cat Kamikaze Smite removes infinite lives, so even if you get happee-ed afterward you're still dead. But Ceiling cat's Save me Jeebus can make you survive a Smite.

Tie lynch rules: Tie faction lynch = no one gets faction revealed. Tie killing lynch = doesn't matter because each vote counts as a kill anyway.
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 02:40 AM
Lolcats
1. Takari
2. aura
3. Hirkala
4. Araver
5. mo
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479
10. Majeswandar
11. Insaner

Roles
Garfield
Heathcliff
Felix
Tom
Hello kitty
Tigger
Snagglepus
Cheshire cat
Nyan cat
Siamese #1
Siamese #2

Everyone should now know their role, their faction (which is goodie unless you were told to go get in BTSC), their number of lives left (which is 6), and which scrolls they have. If you don't, then PM me.

Night 1 ends in a little under 48 hours 'cause work's gonna be brutal tomorrow. In the meantime, PM me actions and vote for a role to have their faction revealed.
Trust me!
Group Icon
Awards: 3

9-5
B: 1-1
G: 6-3
I: 1-0
O: 0-1
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 02:44 AM

Blend-in mode engaged http://mafiamaniac.org/icons/yuiopstrophy.gif
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 02:55 AM
Also, since we reached 11 players, I went ahead as planned and made it 3 baddies vs 8 goodies according to the [Goodies] = 2 x [Baddies] + 2 formula.
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 21

B: 13-12
G: 27-21
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 03:39 AM
Confirming.

Also, after reading about the vote for the faction reveal for a role, this seems to give info for goodies more than baddies (who should already know factions unless there is a secret indy). And since ties change it to no reveal, a strategy for maximizing info would be to bandwagon. But since votes are cast via PM along with actions, it's hard to do that without coordination.

So here's a proposition, let's share this publicly. Any info is better than no info and I see no way in which it brings more info for baddies to RID kill with.

So imma gonna post the roster and share my vote and encourage you to do the same, or if you have concerns or other PoV, let's talk about it.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jul 30 2017, 03:40 AM
Lolcats
1. Takari
2. aura
3. Hirkala
4. Araver - voting for Snagglepus
5. mo
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479
10. Majeswandar
11. Insaner

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
Trust me!
Group Icon

9-5
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 04:12 AM
I'm going to vote for Siamese #1, if that's allowed.

Lolcats
1. Takari
2. aura
3. Hirkala
5. mo
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479
10. Majeswandar
11. Insaner - voting for Siamese #1
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jul 30 2017, 08:02 AM
QUOTE (Insaner @ Jul 30 2017, 12:12 PM)

I think any vote is allowed, but I don't know if there is a logic behind the names or I am too far into metagaming this one.
The presence of two Siamese roles would make it too easy if they were baddies and would make a terrible twisted logic if one was goodie and the other baddie. Alas, there is one way to find out.

user posted image
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 09:07 AM
To clarify, the voting roster during the night phase for faction revealing is an official voting roster and I don't count PMed votes for faction reveal. My post earlier should be interpreted as
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jul 30 2017, 12:40 AM)
Night 1 ends in a little under 48 hours 'cause work's gonna be brutal tomorrow. In the meantime, (PM me actions) and (vote for a role to have their faction revealed).

and not
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jul 30 2017, 12:40 AM)
Night 1 ends in a little under 48 hours 'cause work's gonna be brutal tomorrow. In the meantime, PM me (actions and vote for a role to have their faction revealed).

Also, the Siamese cats are two separate but related characters from Lady and the Tramp. And yes, I appreciated the wifom of putting those two roles in the roster so I thought it'd be fun to do to screw with people.
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 18

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 09:11 AM
Kinda torn here. We definitely want a clear majority so that we get a faction revealed, so we shouldn't split vote s too much...

Buuuuuuuut {butt http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/giggle.gif}

We can still get some information by seeing who is willing to vote for which role. May be worth noting...

Since this was araver's idea I'll go along with him for now.
Lolcats
1. Takari
2. aura
3. Hirkala
5. mo - voting for Snagglepus
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479
10. Majeswandar
11. Insaner - voting for Siamese #1HGTV

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
Caporegime
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 09:24 AM
Doesnt sound like a bad plan
Lolcats
1. Takari
2. aura
3. Hirkala
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479
10. Majeswandar voting for Snagglepus
11. Insaner - voting for Siamese #1HGTV
Capo
Awards: None
4-2
B: 0-1
G: 2-1
I: 0-0
O: 2-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 09:35 AM
QUOTE (Insaner @ Jul 30 2017, 03:12 AM)

Lolcats
1. Takari voting for  Tigger
2. aura
3. Hirkala
5. mo
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479
10. Majeswandar

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
Trust me!
Group Icon

9-5
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 09:48 AM
Lolcats
1. Takari - voting for Tigger
2. aura
3. Hirkala
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479

This post has been edited by Insaner: Jul 30 2017, 09:49 AM
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 13

B: 5-10
G: 15-22
I: 6-7
O: 8-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 11:51 AM
Lolcats
2. aura
3. Hirkala - voting for Snagglepus
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479

N1, no information... I'll jump on that bandwagon

EDIT: Might help if I actually added my vote... http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Hirkala: Jul 30 2017, 11:52 AM

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 32

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 30 2017, 02:31 PM
Lolcats
2. aura - voting for Tigger
3. Hirkala - voting for Snagglepus
6. Krystal
7. nana7
8. yuiop
9. GMaster479

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | KaTSWiLM :3 | Next Newest »

Pages: (42) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll