Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (18) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Fire Emblem Awakening Mafia Act 1
What is life
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 12:58 AM
Ylissean Shepards & Co
~Chrom: Prince of Ylisse and leader of the shepards. [May use a RID guess to find Robin. If successful, gain BTSC and gain a block]
~Robin: A mysterious man who was found in a field with no memory. He possesses a wealth of knowledge and is a genius with war tactics. [Die roll No Action/Spy/Block/Kill/Trap/Save]
~Marth: The supposed hero of old, or at the very least they share his name. [Can spy a player to see who they acted on]
~Frederick: A member of the Shepards and a guardian of both Chrom and his sister Lissa.[Block]
~Lissa: Chrom's Younger sister. Not the strongest but uses her ability as a cleric to help.[Save]
~Emmeryn: Chrom and Lissa's older sister and the Exault of Ylisse.[3x vote]
~Flavia: The East Khan and currently ruler of Ferox as of Chrom's assistance.[Trap]
~Basilio: The West Khan. Lost leadership due to his Champion being unable to defeat Flavio's.[Kill]

Plegia
Have a night kill, is not carried
~Gangrel: The mad King of Plegia. Wants the fire Emblem and the destruction of Ylisse.[Can exchange Kill for 2 RID kills, but he must carry them(RID kills are blockable), otherwise may redirect a unit.]
~Aversa: Serves under Gangrel. Wields powerful dark magic.[Vote redirect]
~Validar: An assassin working under Gangrel. Also Wields powerful dark magic. [Block]

The rules
Redirect>Trap>Block & Baddies>Goodies
Blocks do not show but Traps and Redirects will
You will be told if redirected
Vote redirect does not show in day post
Blocks will be told if successful

Ylisseans
1. Nana
2. dee
3. Machina
4.helene
5. sparrowhawk
6. maurice
7. Hirkala
8. Boquise
9.Takari
10. Framm
11. plasmid

Backups
1. deoxy!

Wiki.
1. dee

Roles going out soon
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 01:08 AM
Roles are out.

Night one will be ending at 12am on Thursday the 4th
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 02:28 AM
Ok... I decided to read the OP.

Questions:

I assume night ends 1 minute past 11:59pm on Wednesday. Correct?
Is Emmeryn's vote always x3?
If Emmeryn's vote is redirected, the x3 is also?
Trap saves and blocks?
What happens in the event of a tie vote?

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 02:38 AM
QUOTE (maurice @ Jan 2 2018, 01:28 AM)
Ok... I decided to read the OP.

Questions:

I assume night ends 1 minute past 11:59pm on Wednesday. Correct?
Is Emmeryn's vote always x3?
If Emmeryn's vote is  redirected, the x3 is also?
Trap saves and blocks?
What happens in the event of a tie vote?

Yes.
It can be 1x or 3x, apologies.
If it's by a vote redirect yes.
Yes
First day is no lynch. Onwards is a coin flip.
Moderately Menacing Machine
Awards: 1

3-1
B: 1-1
G: 1-0
I: 1-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 02:52 AM
Alright so, strategy time. Gonna include even my own role in here for WIFoM purposes.

Not much to say on Chrom. RID people you don't think are gonna die, I guess.

If Robin rolls a block, kill, or trap, he probably shouldn't use them N1. (Though a case could be made for the trap, see Flavia) Can we agree random blocking/trapping in general = bad?
Though, I suppose it could give Lucin-- I mean, Marth, some information. So what say the rest of you?
Are the blocks even useful at all for anything other than preventing Gangrel from getting the double RID kill? Baddie kills aren't carried, Gangrel's redirect has the highest priority(?) I assume Aversa's action is used during the day, and Validar has a block himself.

Not much to say about our masked friend. Spy people. Keep track of who's claiming/hinting what, see if it lines up with their visits.
If someone claims Bassilo, Flavia or Emmeryn and their target wasn't trapped/killed, or in the case of an Em claim, they visited someone, out them. The 1 for 1 trade with Gangrel is worth it. (Assuming the fakeclaim isn't Validar himself, in which case it's not even a trade and we don't have to worry about RID stuff anymore. Though Aversa could still be an issue for Em claiming.)

As for Frederick, just don't block anything unless we decide blocks are actually useful somehow. You got the short end of the stick here, I think.

Lissa just do whatever, unless you have a really strong read on who's going to die tonight.

Emmeryn needs to lay low no matter what pretty much, I think? Unless Validar is ever the last bad alive. Don't split the vote or otherwise make yourself obvious.

I'm split on Flavia's trap. On one hand, since blocks and redirects are announced, useful info could be gained with some early random trapping. But it also is much more likely to just disable a goodie without yielding any useful info.

And I don't think I need to explain why Bassilo shouldn't just randomly axe someone in the face tonight.

Thwarting CAPTCHA one at a time.
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 03:08 AM
QUOTE (Machina @ Jan 2 2018, 12:52 AM)
Alright so, strategy time. Gonna include even my own role in here for WIFoM purposes.

Great. Now I'm wondering if you actually did this.

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/hm.gif

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law

7.Hirkala-

3-1
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 03:32 AM
QUOTE (maurice @ Jan 2 2018, 02:08 AM)
QUOTE (Machina @ Jan 2 2018, 12:52 AM)

Great. Now I'm wondering if you actually did this.

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/hm.gif

As you should. I would question the skill of anyone who didn't take this chance to do a bit of poking and try to get a read on me.
But I will say I opted not to leave a hint as to my role in there this early, so there's no need to try and dig through it all in order to find something suggesting I'm Lissa and you should stab me.
...Besides, even if I was, maybe I'd be self-healing. (Wait, Hachi can Lissa self-heal?)
I'd rather not set Gangrel up for a an easy double kill later down the line with my first post.

The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 03:46 AM
Oh I wasn't expecting a hint. Just that you left off 3 roles.

7.Hirkala-
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 05:19 AM
I AM NOT BADDIE THIS GAME
I AM FREE I AM FREE NOW I CAN PLAY PROPERLY ONCE MORE THE CURSE HAS LIFTED THE SORCERER IS DEAD THE RING IS DESTROYED

WOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAH
http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/dance.gif

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 05:20 AM
QUOTE (Machina @ Jan 2 2018, 07:52 AM)

If Robin rolls a block, kill, or trap, he probably shouldn't use them N1. (Though a case could be made for the trap, see Flavia)  Can we agree random blocking/trapping in general = bad?
Though, I suppose it could give Lucin-- I mean, Marth, some information. So what say the rest of you?
Are the blocks even useful at all for anything other than preventing Gangrel from getting the double RID kill? Baddie kills aren't carried, Gangrel's redirect has the highest priority(?) I assume Aversa's action is used during the day, and Validar has a block himself.

Not much to say about our masked friend. Spy people. Keep track of who's claiming/hinting what, see if it lines up with their visits.
If someone claims Bassilo, Flavia or Emmeryn and their target wasn't trapped/killed, or in the case of an Em claim, they visited someone, out them. The 1 for 1 trade with Gangrel is worth it. (Assuming the fakeclaim isn't Validar himself, in which case it's not even a trade and we don't have to worry about RID stuff anymore. Though Aversa could still be an issue for Em claiming.)

As for Frederick, just don't block anything unless we decide blocks are actually useful somehow. You got the short end of the stick here, I think.

Lissa just do whatever, unless you have a really strong read on who's going to die tonight.

Emmeryn needs to lay low no matter what pretty much, I think? Unless Validar is ever the last bad alive. Don't split the vote or otherwise make yourself obvious.

I'm split on Flavia's trap. On one hand, since blocks and redirects are announced, useful info could be gained with some early random trapping. But it also is much more likely to just disable a goodie without yielding any useful info.

And I don't think I need to explain why Bassilo shouldn't just randomly axe someone in the face tonight.

I am sensing a change of tune, young Padawan http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/inspect.gif

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
lolcat
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 10:12 AM
Hachi when the OP says "Blocks will be told if successful" does that mean they'll be told whether the player that they targeted for a block would have otherwise used a night action that got stopped by blocking? Or just whether the block went through (like it wasn't stopped by one of the other blocks) regardless of whether the target was trying to use an action that night?

Machina Blocks might be able to give that sort of weak spy info. But yeah N1 the odds of stopping a baddie action vs the odds of stopping a useful goodie ability might be bad enough to not warrant using it anyway.
What is life

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jan 2 2018, 09:12 AM)
Hachi when the OP says "Blocks will be told if successful" does that mean they'll be told whether the player that they targeted for a block would have otherwise used a night action that got stopped by blocking? Or just whether the block went through (like it wasn't stopped by one of the other blocks) regardless of whether the target was trying to use an action that night?

Machina Blocks might be able to give that sort of weak spy info. But yeah N1 the odds of stopping a baddie action vs the odds of stopping a useful goodie ability might be bad enough to not warrant using it anyway.

They'll be told if it went though. The user having a night action is irrelevant.

3-1
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (Boquise @ Jan 2 2018, 04:20 AM)
QUOTE (Machina @ Jan 2 2018, 07:52 AM)

If Robin rolls a block, kill, or trap, he probably shouldn't use them N1. (Though a case could be made for the trap, see Flavia)  Can we agree random blocking/trapping in general = bad?

I am sensing a change of tune, young Padawan http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/inspect.gif

You should be.
This setup looks far simpler and I know what sort of rules I'm operating under better. You can bet I'm gonna try and play more aggressively this game. Plus, I think Lucina and Robin are going to leave much to be desired in lieu of a more reliable spy.
As I've always said in other mafia-style games, a passive town is a losing town

And I'm going to start by asking both you and maurice if you have anything to add to what I just said, rather than simply throw some shade around.

Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 03:13 PM
It's nice to see some incisive N1 strategizing instead of the usual random banter. Time will tell if it's genuine goodies coordinating to solve this thing or if it's baddies attempting to obfuscate their roles. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/inspect.gif

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
Shield Maiden of Midgets
Awards: None
6-3
G: 3-2
I: 0-0
O: 2-0
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 2 2018, 04:03 PM
QUOTE (maurice @ Jan 2 2018, 01:46 AM)
Oh I wasn't expecting a hint. Just that you left off 3 roles.

Which three? Reading through it looks like all of them were mentioned

Chicken Nugget Shield Maiden
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (18) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll