Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Player Etiquette

Please note that beside the general rules of the current game, there are a few important things players should avoid at all costs: PM repping, Illegal BTSC, Ghost Posts, Active Metagaming, Account sharing.
Please read about them in the Board Rules

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Spy Mafia
Your Local Pill Distributor
Awards: 4

0-0
B: 0-0
G: 0-0
I: 0-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted Apr 1 2016, 09:55 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Mar 31 2016, 05:57 PM)
Saab had me and Jay fooled too, so Rinku is in good company in not catching him.

I think this game had made a strategy more clear for me. It is impossible to ever get "for sure" results on who to lynch except the extremely unlikely having sane vs insane vs baddie on d2 and sane and insane both spy the baddie.So the goal should be the simpler of narrow it down to 2 players, and that is doable.

If d1 has 3 to 1 like this one did, 2 of the 3 spy the 3rd.

If d1 has 2 sane/naive and 2 insane/paranoid, the members of the 2 pairs each spy a different member of the other pair.
One member of one of the pairs will die n2. The two members of the surviving pair should have spied a baddie unless one of them is the baddie. No way to know which of them is baddie, but it is one of them. If one of them does spy a baddie, the baddie is either the person spied or the one claiming it, so again it is narrowed to 2 players.

It can never be narrowed to just 1 player since the baddie can fake a result. But it can always be narrowed down to 2 with some planning.

You are right Nana so this game is mostly about reads which means that if players do not generate content it will make the game that much harder for goodies.

Even if on player sane/insane spied the baddie he will still have to convince the other goodie. So it would be very helpful if said player was already read as goodie which cannot happen without content being generated by the player.

Basically this game is as much about reads as a classic mafia is.

QUOTE (Auramyna @ Mar 17 2015, 03:30 AM)
user posted image Hey Barc, I'll let you in on a little secret. Feeding Saab's ego is what kills him ... or the other way around. user posted image  Don't try and understand it, just take my word for it. user posted image

@Saab - You shouldn't have told me your secret. user posted image

QUOTE (yuiop @ Mar 21 2015, 02:57 PM)
And of course there's 3 pages already, Saab is in this BTSC. user posted image

0-0
  Posted Apr 1 2016, 09:58 AM
To be honest this is all Jay's fault for not spying Nana N1 http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/XD.gif

user posted image Hey Barc, I'll let you in on a little secret. Feeding Saab's ego is what kills him ... or the other way around. user posted image  Don't try and understand it, just take my word for it. user posted image

Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TG: 0-2
  Posted Apr 1 2016, 02:04 PM
Would you still have claimed to have spied self baddie?

That would have cleared both Jay and me. Wait, it would not have cleared me since he could have been naive.

This post has been edited by Nana7: Apr 1 2016, 02:05 PM

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News

0-0
  Posted Apr 1 2016, 09:06 PM
Did you guys notice that these turbo games are harder for the goodies than the big games ?

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Archives and Rules | Next Newest »

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 8 
Add Reply
New Poll