Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

F.Y.I

Add Reply
New Poll

Cornerstones II: Day Cycles, Re-run of Araver's non-maf game
Mod of member relations/awards/activity
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-9
G: 11-10
I: 3-4
O: 4-5
TB: 1-1
TG:
  Posted Jul 2 2012, 01:16 PM
Last year, Araver started the Cornerstones franchise. It is a non-mafia game combining aspects of Hirk's Inflitration and Unreality's HiveMind (also on BD). Cornerstones II was a modification that added day cycles to the set-up, however it didn't progress past sign-ups. So with Araver's permission, I am reviving:

Cornerstones II: Cycles - the re-run
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Araver explains it succinctly so I have copy-pasted his explanation of the rules.)

There will be 4 teams: BLUE, RED, PURPLE and GREEN. Each player will belong to one of these 4 teams. Either 12 or 16 players.

Phase 1 - Signups
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each player signups in a public roster, after which he can proceed to Phase 2 (without waiting for signups to fill!). As soon as the signups are deemed full by the host (e.g. waiting two days after 12 players sign up to see if more want to join and 16 can be reached) all players will be asked to go to Phase 2 (if they have not done so already).

Phase 2 - Team selection
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each player, WITHOUT ANY BTSC with any potential player, will PM the host with the list of 4 colors in the order he wants to join the corresponding teams.

E.g. 1. BLUE 2. RED 3. PURPLE 4. GREEN

Their list should not be shared or discussed with anyone until Phase 2 is completed by all players and the host announces that Phase 3 has begun.

Phase 2 will be open at most two days after Phase 1 is closed. Players will be assigned to the team of their choice (first come, first served) until a faction is full (N/4 out of the number of players). Players that did not submit a list will be randomly assigned after all others are served.

Phase 3 - The Game
~~~~~~~~~~~~

WinCon
- Submit a correct guess to the host - naming one player from each faction (specifying each player's color) - his faction wins, all other factions lose.

Players can:
( A ) Post as much as they want in the game thread (where everyone can see it)
( B ) PM other players (of any team) - cc all PMs to me
( C ) Submit a guess via PM to the host. A guess is a colored 4-tuple e.g. (Player 1 - RED, Player 2 - BLUE, Player 3 - PURPLE, Player 4 - GREEN). A guess is correct if the 4 players belong to different factions (one from each of the 4 factions) and the colors match!

Other rules:
- Game is played in 24-hour cycles (Days)
- Any player can submit one guess per day. If guess is incorrect, he "freezes" for the day= loses ability to PM other players and post in the thread (but can still receive PMs).
- Guesses can contain players that are frozen.
- Guesses can include self
- Guesses will be posted by the host in the thread (without COLORS) after they are evaluated (without indication of errors).
- Frozen players are restored to normal at the beginning of the next cycle.

FAQ:
Can people die? No, only get frozen until the next cycle.
Are there lynches? No.
Do players have night actions or roles? No night actions or roles.Your faction is the color you choose/are assigned.

In a couple of weeks, GM will re-create the Non-Mafia Games Forum. (The last one got turned into the Third Games Forum Category.) At this time, I will post signups and we'll take it from there. Questions?

QUOTE (araver @ Oct 1 2015, 08:41 AM)
I cannot believe ... ok.
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Jul 2 2012, 02:08 PM
You mentioned players can die. How do they die? Are there lynches? Do players have actions other than pm? Is there any btsc after roster is filled? Is it one faction win others lose? What if there is more than one correct team to submit correct guess in the same day?

Multiple wins would mean players can make deals and everyone wins. Only one win is a problem though if no such deals are made but more than one happens to win at the same time.

Are there any day or night posts that will give information that can be used to determine teams?

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Mod of member relations/awards/activity
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-9
G: 11-10
O: 4-5
TB: 1-1
TG:
  Posted Jul 3 2012, 06:47 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Jul 3 2012, 03:38 AM)
You mentioned players can die. How do they die? 
http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/hm.gif I'm not sure why that's in there.  As far as I know, an incorrect guess merely freezes a player.  I'll look into it but at this stage, let's say the answer is no, you cannot die.
Are there lynches?  No
Do players have actions other than pm? No
Is there any btsc after roster is filled? Yes, all players of all factions may freely PM any player.
Is it one faction win others lose? Yes
What if there is more than one correct team to submit correct guess in the same day?  The first person to submit a correct guess (PM to host) wins for their team.  The day cycles are not a deadline, as such.  They merely limit the length of time someone is frozen for.  In the original Cornerstones, one who was frozen would stay that way permanently.  Guesses can be entered at any time and are assessed in order of receipt.

Multiple wins would mean players can make deals and everyone wins. Only one win is a problem though if no such deals are made but more than one happens to win at the same time.  It's a race to the end http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/wink.gif  There's not really much point in allying as the game doesn't go for that long.  Besides, having 50% of the players win kinda dilutes the win and the point of playing.  http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

Are there any day or night posts that will give information that can be used to determine teams?
No.  It is all based on analysing the truth of what people say.

I may even run a quick game of hivemind first, as an introductory lead-in to this concept.

22/10/2012 - Moved to Non-Mafia Games, to be run at a later date.

QUOTE (araver @ Oct 1 2015, 08:41 AM)
I cannot believe ... ok.
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Oct 24 2016, 03:09 PM
*Bump*

I can't actually find the original thread. And I totally rediscovered the idea by accident. Playing with trains. Yeah, I know how that sounds.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Oct 24 2016, 03:22 PM
QUOTE (araver @ Oct 25 2016, 05:39 AM)
*Bump*

I can't actually find the original thread. And I totally rediscovered the idea by accident. Playing with trains. Yeah, I know how that sounds.

I hacked the system and found it.
http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/cool.gif

I ain't running it, tho; I'm either working 13 hour shifts or recovering from them. Some teen youngster without a job or responsibilities should do it. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/yes.gif

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Oct 24 2016, 05:25 PM
Some teen youngster?
Now don't you get all fuzzy on me, young miss, I ...

Damn. You might be on to something here.
We don't have the same time to spare, right? This means we've grown.

Have we grown up really? It seems like yesterday still.

Lost in the light.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Oct 25 2016, 01:07 AM
QUOTE (araver @ Oct 25 2016, 07:55 AM)
Some teen youngster?
Now don't you get all fuzzy on me, young miss, I ...

Damn. You might be on to something here.
We don't have the same time to spare, right? This means we've grown.

Have we grown up really? It seems like yesterday still.

Lost in the light.

I will never grow. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/angry.gif
Growing is for babies. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/punish.gif
Nobody can make me. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/dontcare.gif
Excuse me, nurse. Someone seems to have spilt a drink on my crotch. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/ohmy.gif
Hi. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/slap.gif
My name is Joe. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/slap.gif
I work in a button factory http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/slap.gif

This is classic dementia-related memory loss

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Oct 25 2016, 03:29 PM
QUOTE (aura @ Oct 25 2016, 08:07 AM)
QUOTE (araver @ Oct 25 2016, 07:55 AM)

It seems like yesterday still.
Lost in the light.

This is classic dementia-related memory loss

Not really. More like longing for past times. This comes naturally and never actually goes away imho..
It's a ... cornerstone (lame attempt to get back on-topic, I agree).

Also, the last line was the title of a song that was singing in the background when I wrote the post.

This post has been edited by araver: Oct 25 2016, 03:30 PM

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Non-Mafia Games | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll