Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

Epicmafia stories, EpicMafia games of note with MM members!
Tell the world that I'm coming home
Awards: 4

B: 4-9
G: 11-13
I: 4-2
O: 5-12
TB:
TG: 0-1
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 03:44 AM
So basically, this is a topic related to the mafia site epicmafia.com

"Why is there a thread for this?" you may ask? Because the games are fast, they're automated like MMBot on the Mibbit chat, and some can be pretty awesome.

Maybe you've never heard of epicmafia before, or perhaps you have but don't play there. In either case, there's still fun to be had in reading the aftergames.

I am not sure if you have to have an account in order to view them, but here goes anyways.

I just had a most amazing baddie game. I ... well, see for yourself....:

http://www.epicmafia.com/game/1437318

...That is, if you can withing needing an account. If so, then that sucks.

But, if you don't need to, thoughts? And if you play on epicmafia, or perhaps decide to try it and have an epic game, share your experiences as well.
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 02:30 PM
It may be fun but you need to start an account it seems. I wonder if it has kinks with inactivity? I will be too busy once working. Doesn't our LCM still work good enough? I know there are very few lately. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/shrug.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Mod of member relations/awards/activity
Group Icon
Awards: None
B: 6-9
G: 11-10
I: 3-4
O: 4-5
TB: 1-1
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 05:47 PM
I've played there and it's okay. I kind of prefer playing with people I know, whereas on epicmafia it's always different people or sometimes they all know each other. Other things that put me off are: people sometimes cheat whereas on mm there's more trust and honesty, people seem a little younger or immature, some of the roles or role combos need to be got used to, there's less psychology in play as it's more like a lcm where you go through a set routine each time to find the baddies. Basically it's very hard to work out who to vote for compared to forum mafia; it's like a lucky dip.

I tend to like the psychology, the logic and the mind games of mafia, and I think you get more of that when the cycles are a little longer. There's more debate and logical defense etc. Plus I'm used to den mafia so anything else with a group of people I don't know just isn't the same.

I'm not saying it's all bad, I went through an epicmafia phase for a while but in the end I prefer forum mafia. When I remember my log in tongue.gif , I'll check out your link.

QUOTE (araver @ Oct 1 2015, 08:41 AM)
I cannot believe ... ok.
Group Icon
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 06:02 PM
Haha, that was pretty funny. There were 2 orcs and all 5 people claimed it. Then the one who was most vocal in asking who the lightkeeper was, ended up as lk and shot the mafia. Nice... http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/;P.gif

I cannot believe ... ok.
Has Night Vision Goggles
Group Icon

B: 1-4
G: 2-5
I: 1-0
O: 1-3
TB:
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 07:03 PM
How long do games on this usually go for?
10 minutes
1 hour
half a day? biggrin.gif
Group Icon
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 07:19 PM
QUOTE (Andrew @ Oct 21 2012, 08:33 AM)
How long do games on this usually go for?
10 minutes
1 hour
half a day? biggrin.gif

http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/hm.gif Probably 10-25 mins give or take. Idk... AJ? (AJ is iawy. Yeah, all these acronyms and none of them resemble his name, apparently.)

I cannot believe ... ok.
Has Night Vision Goggles
Group Icon

B: 1-4
G: 2-5
I: 1-0
O: 1-3
TB:
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 07:41 PM
I'm both attracted and unattracted to the idea...

Short little games seem fun, but I can't help but feel like it just wouldn't have the same quality of a normal mafia game. It would be hard to get a good read on somebody in such a short amount of time and so I think a lot of guessing would result. Although, I'm talking from a perspective of no experience so please fill me in with your experience IAWY/anyone else.
One thing I noticed was the amount of roles they have, which is pretty cool I think.

This post has been edited by Andrew: Oct 20 2012, 07:42 PM
Group Icon
TG:
  Posted Oct 20 2012, 07:58 PM
That's exactly what I find, re getting a read and guessing. I think once you get used to the roles and get to know some of the people it would fill a certain place in the "market", especially for a quick game to pass the time. I just like to have a basis to rest my logic on, however flimsy it might be. http://www.mafiamaniac.net/img/Smilies/giggle.gif

Y'know, it might be fun if we could start some epicmafia games with mm players, or 3 or 4 mm players and fill the rest with random ppl. Just tell me when to come online.

I cannot believe ... ok.

TB:
  Posted Oct 23 2012, 12:35 AM
QUOTE (Auramyna @ Oct 20 2012, 06:19 PM)
(AJ is iawy.  Yeah, all these acronyms and none of them resemble his name, apparently.)

Yep, you got it spot on. I'm referred to in various places as either AJ, Aje, Ina, Jesh, etc. - but none of them are my real name. AJ comes closest, because it is my Wikia account that was created in league with my brother - the A short for his name and the J for mine, and the "two" signifying that - but otherwise I have not revealed my true name to anybody (though other people have dry.gif), so it remains a mystery.

As for your question Andrew, I like it, I really do. It is shorter, but for me, that's awesome, because I don't usually have much time to be online, at least for mafia, so playing a few [hundred] games satisfies my mafia need, while letting me meet new people as well. While there's always the few you need to watch out for because of various factors, it's in general a good way to play mafia, although it does take a little getting used to some of the roles.

The games are anywhere between 5-30 minutes, but they can go longer or shorter depending on what happens.But it's very fast-paced, and you have to be constantly thinking about the other players and what role they could occupy. It might even help hone your skills on here. I'd say this is part of what makes Aura such a good player, because she adapted and learned to notice where the inconsistencies lie when she's looking for the baddies in a MM game.

And it was really funny Aura. You'd have to have been there when it was running to understand how stressful that situation was (we went overtime by maybe ten minutes while I subverted them into trying to "figure it out"), but in the end, I turned everybody to my side, and convinced them to lynch the person who voted for me at the outset, and stopped my death at least twice through words, ultimately winning the game for the baddies.

I played that game really good, which is why I thought I'd share it. I just wish I was that "experienced" on here, though I'd say that Sherlock Holmes Mafia was the closest I ever came to something that epic.
Group Icon
TG:
  Posted Oct 23 2012, 02:30 AM
I meant to say it in my other post, but I noticed you really flew under the radar in that epicmafia game.

I cannot believe ... ok.

TB:
  Posted Oct 23 2012, 03:18 AM
QUOTE (Auramyna @ Oct 23 2012, 01:30 AM)
I meant to say it in my other post, but I noticed you really flew under the radar in that epicmafia game.

Yeah, but it worked to my advantage. I did just enough that noone would call me out, yet didn't do so much as to attract unwanted attention on myself. And then, when the end came, I managed to use that to my advantage, turning eveyrbody's opinion around by acting as innocent as possible, and in the end, it worked.

So, anybody else other than me or Aura use/used Epicmafia now or in the past? Participated in any "epic" games?

TB:
  Posted Sep 17 2013, 05:53 PM
http://www.epicmafia.com/game/2282195

Soooooo close. I don't even truly care, though, that was awesome.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Stories | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll