Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Noob games (birth of Turbo Lane Mini Mafias), Intro.

How well would this work out?
Great Idea! It should work fine! [ 5 ]  [31.25%]
This may work well, but not sure. [ 11 ]  [68.75%]
It will be a fail for some reason. (please post reason) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 14 2014, 10:35 AM
http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif Howdy! Maybe this has been mentioned before but this contains a poll as well.
As in the past we've seen droves of noobs signing up to the site and check us out for awhile then go on vacation. This idea had begun in Bden and as we know it is like a graveyard over there. I feel implementing this may keep us from going down that same path.
Game III: It would be a brief version of typical Mafia games for noobs and noob hosts only. Myself, being an inexperienced host may have a go at it to become better. We still have more players than hosts and we have oodles of noobs that come looking to play soon.
I just think this would open up doors for many that need to get started and games would be about a week or less long. A mod can oversee this forum to see it runs well. I also want feedback if possible.
TNX. for your vote and comment below if you wish. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Contabile
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 14 2014, 10:48 AM
Oops

This post has been edited by Iota: Feb 14 2014, 10:49 AM
Force-Ninja and Unofficial Therapist
Awards: 9

B: 4-7
G: 14-14
I: 2-4
O: 2-7
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 14 2014, 10:56 AM
I think this is a good idea; we have a couple of TMM-level ideas in the ideas thread, and I'd be open to handing off my old HP games to a newer host to re-run as training mafias.

I'm not sure whether we want to have a dedicated forum for that or not, but I can bring that up with GM.

Light and dark swirling
Acknowledging your desires
Mirroring your heart
-- Framm

Superheroes Mafia:
In signups now!!
Page of Heart
Awards: 5

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 14 2014, 10:57 AM
I like it but the game should include people who have played/hosted.
Maybe the hosts get experienced cohosts and the players get a few experienced players.

This post has been edited by Hachi: Feb 14 2014, 10:57 AM
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 14 2014, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (Hachi @ Feb 14 2014, 10:57 AM)
I like it but the game should include people who have played/hosted.
Maybe the hosts get experienced cohosts and the players get a few experienced players.

We can't forget about the noobs who never played. This is mainly for them and also for beginners that have a need to learn and play better. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/wink.gif But, yeah, it is for non regulars. Someone like dee-tot can host here.

This post has been edited by akaslickster: Feb 14 2014, 11:15 AM

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Jay
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 9-12
G: 29-14
I: 2-5
O: 6-12
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 14 2014, 10:05 PM
I chose choice #2, because I would have to see how it went.

Though I do have a game idea that would work in this category as I've only hosted 2 games here (and have yet to host with no co-host (and co-hosted with Framm 1 time http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif ).

It's a pretty easy game idea too. Noobs shouldn't/wouldn't be confused by it.

I will post it in Game Ideas regardless on if this goes through or not. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 15 2014, 09:10 AM
Looks like little optimism but this can work for new hosts/cohosts as well. I think mentors can join in to support if enough will sign up.
The most important thing is availability. There must be something to encourage new beginnings. Perhaps games with 10 players or less to get things rolling. Shad is willing and we have no negative votes. Just need it okayed and set up then. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/yes.gif Even if the games are reruns, it will help guide and break the ice, like in Bden.

THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 17 2014, 02:09 PM
Still, I'm urging more to vote and more opinions before this is buried, and forgotten forever. If you don't care about noobs or getting more players to challenge, you are part of the problem. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/yes.gif

Retired Head of Game Forums (Silent Hunter)
Awards: 12

B: 6-1
G: 5-3
I: 1*-0
O: 1-3
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 17 2014, 03:48 PM
This would be a great idea, except we are only getting 2 maybe 3 new people a week and it would take almost a month at that rate to have a completely newbie filled roster.

Not against, just not sure it would work at this point.

QUOTE (Peter Moylan)
Im sorry people of Atlanta but you are some if the worst drivers I have ever seen and i drive on the wrong side of the road.

Poems short and bold
Haiku's beauty I behold
Stories simply told

(Haiku's)

Small yet raging fierce
Bringing death yet giving life
Fire burning bright

(From the Ashes)
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 18 2014, 12:52 AM
QUOTE (Framm18 @ Feb 17 2014, 03:48 PM)
This would be a great idea, except we are only getting 2 maybe 3 new people a week and it would take almost a month at that rate to have a completely newbie filled roster.

Not against, just not sure it would work at this point.
They need to get started and sign up/play ASAP but they keep straying off and forget us but even a month is better than nothing at all. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/idk.gif
This reservation thread doesn't seem to be getting the job done so this is like a plan B. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/biggrin.gif

\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 32

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Mar 7 2014, 05:16 AM
I voted choice #1. I think this would work better on BrainDen as there is a bigger pool of new players there. Having a simple mafia game would encourage people to try mafia for the first time. When people are starting out with their first mafia game, they want something very simple and quick, to ease themselves in. If it's too complex or too long winded, it puts people off.

To us, who have played for a while, the rules of a simple game of mafia seem pretty straightforward. However I remember when I was looking to start playing, it seemed a lot more complex than it actually is.

I think the best way is to host it on BrainDen. There is a BD queue in the "Current Order of Games" forum to track it. And we can use people from MM to fill up the empty positions.

Alternatively, we could run a basic game here every now and then. Maybe when there are a few bluebies signing up around the same time. It seems like most bluebies catch on to the game pretty quickly but you never know, maybe that's why some don't stick around.

Another idea is to offer more mentors for our normal games. Each new player should be offered a mentor. We can have guidelines for how involved a mentor should be in guiding the player. And also the hosts that want some guidance can host simpler games and request mentor co-hosts.

I think in any game having co-hosts there should be some kind of "contract" type thing, (maybe a list of questions to ascertain prior) or a conversation beforehand to discuss each others expectations on how involved they want to be, what they want or need out of each other, whether they want to watch or actively host and how they want to divide up the tasks. It's not easy to cohost, in fact it can often be easier to host alone. Nana and I both have experiences with that!

Having said that, if anyone wants any guidance with hosting or a cohost, feel free to hit me up.

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
Your Local Pill Distributor
Awards: 4

0-0
B: 0-0
G: 0-0
I: 0-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted Jan 31 2015, 09:10 AM
wow so this post is old ... like a year.

Just voted seems a good idea.

Maybe a trial run should be made ...

QUOTE (Auramyna @ Mar 17 2015, 03:30 AM)
user posted image Hey Barc, I'll let you in on a little secret. Feeding Saab's ego is what kills him ... or the other way around. user posted image  Don't try and understand it, just take my word for it. user posted image

@Saab - You shouldn't have told me your secret. user posted image

QUOTE (yuiop @ Mar 21 2015, 02:57 PM)
And of course there's 3 pages already, Saab is in this BTSC. user posted image
turtle in the shell
Awards: 10

B: 5-2
G: 6-3
I: 1-1
O: 5-6
TB: 1-2
TG: 1-1
  Posted Jan 31 2015, 11:48 AM
Maybe we could run small games like 4 spy mafia which would last around 4 days. It would be relatively easy to host and games would happen often enough so that newbies aren't waiting around for a long time for a game to start. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/idk.gif

"My will or I won't." - Matthew Stover (The Acts of Caine)

"Odds are for defying." - Brent Weeks (Lightbringer)
Your Local Pill Distributor
Awards: 4

0-0
B: 0-0
G: 0-0
I: 0-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted Jan 31 2015, 12:02 PM
4 spy mafia ? what would that be like ?

QUOTE (Auramyna @ Mar 17 2015, 03:30 AM)
user posted image Hey Barc, I'll let you in on a little secret. Feeding Saab's ego is what kills him ... or the other way around. user posted image  Don't try and understand it, just take my word for it. user posted image

@Saab - You shouldn't have told me your secret. user posted image

QUOTE (yuiop @ Mar 21 2015, 02:57 PM)
And of course there's 3 pages already, Saab is in this BTSC. user posted image
turtle in the shell
Awards: 10

B: 5-2
G: 6-3
I: 1-1
O: 5-6
TB: 1-2
TG: 1-1
  Posted Jan 31 2015, 12:07 PM
It's a 5 player game with 1 baddie and 4 goodies.
Goodies:
Paranoid spy - sees everyone as "baddie"
Naive spy - sees everyone as "goodie"
Insane spy - sees the baddie as "goodie" and goodies as "baddie"
Sane spy - receives correct spy results (sees goodies as "goodie", baddie as "baddie")

Baddie has a night kill.

"My will or I won't." - Matthew Stover (The Acts of Caine)

"Odds are for defying." - Brent Weeks (Lightbringer)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Mafia Discussion | Next Newest »

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll