Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

Death actions, Actions activated upon death
Head hurt yet?
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-4
G: 9-9
I: 0-4
O: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 18 2014, 08:19 PM
This is an idea which you may wish to use to prevent a complete whitewash depending on who dies or gets lynched N1/D1. It may also bring more strategy to a game as it may be worth sacrificing a player for the greater good of your faction.

By having an action assigned to a role upon lynched (or alternatively being killed at night) the following are possible:

If a major mafia role is lynched it could be possible then to have an upon death action of revealing to the mafia the roles that have already been killed. This would then provide the remaining mafiosos with enough cover to keep the game challenging.

It can improve roles that are perceived to have little value such as "booster", "rid spy", "potentially insane faction spy", "protects village sided killer whist alive" or even "vanilla villager". One way of doing this would be if they player yells out the name for a specific role or someone working for an opposing faction upon death or can write a note to a given role upon death (as a role could already be dead, it could get interesting).

Hopefully this topic will inspire you to create novel roles that are interesting to play, it may be worth using this concept sparingly however unless you are very good at balancing.

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Jul 22 2014, 02:34 AM
I played a game in which if a certain goodie died at night, all the ghosts were able to vote in the next lynch, anon. Those ghosts did not see who everyone was though.

There used to be bomb roles who took someone out with them upon death, even in a lynch.

A role dying can also reveal some info as you mentioned, or power up another role with some new power.

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
The Accused
Awards: 6

B: 7-5
G: 21-10
I: 3-5
O: 6-8
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 7 2014, 01:42 PM
Oooh. How about a game where the lynched player's role doesn't get revealed. And instead, when any player dies, the player right below him on the roster is outed? Just some nasty food for thought.

user posted image

Weak Minds Think iLike
Head hurt yet?
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-4
G: 9-9
I: 0-4
O: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 13 2014, 07:01 PM
@BB I am upgrading your master of evil rating to 4

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB: 1-2
TG: 3-4
  Posted Aug 13 2014, 08:10 PM
While it would harm goodie's ability to gather info based on votes and simply knowing a baddie was caught, it also can out baddies in the wrong roster spot and confirm goodies for them. And baddies would try to push lynches off players in certain roster spots.

That could be an interesting concept to try out. Goodies lose their normal info but gain something handy.

One thing that would need to be set is if the role is revealed for dead players or only living ones. So if a dead player is in the spot below the lynched one, the role below that would be revealed instead.

"And instead, when any player dies"

I think maybe just lynches. If it includes nk that might be too much info reveal.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Mafia Discussion | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll