Amber Mafia II - After the Chaos WarsWarning
: Contains spoilers (if you plan to read the books). Also see Amber Mafia I
: The war between Chaos and Amber has ended with an Amberite win. Eric died in the battle cursing the King of Chaos, Oberon repaired the Pattern but disappeared shortly after, while the insane traitor Brand has been dealt with by Corwin. The defeated Courts of Chaos settle in an uneasy peace, divided between those that hate the Amberites and those that worship them secretly. Corwin disappears shortly after recounting all his adventures to his son, Merlin.
The struggle between Order and Chaos deepens, with the appearance of new factions, each with their own agenda:
4 Factions with no initial BTSC, but can meet and establish BTSC during the gameMerlin's band:
--Merlin (100%) (RID Kill)
--Ghostwheel (50%) (Trap)
--Corwin's Pattern (0%) (Faction spy)Luke's Revenge:
--Rinaldo (also known as Luke) (100%) (RID Kill)
--Dalt (50%) (Trap)
--Jasra (0%) (Faction spy)Pattern's Agents:
--Random (100%) (RID Kill)
--Pattern (0%) (Trap)
--Vialle (50%) (Faction spy)Logrus's Agents:
--Dara (100%) (RID Kill)
--Logrus (0%) (Trap)
--Swayvil (50%) (Faction Spy)
5 Independents which can be recruited into any of the factions and have secret abilities.
-- Mandor (secret abilities)
-- Fiona (secret abilities)
-- Corwin (secret abilities)
-- The Ty'iga (secret abilities)
-- Dworkin (secret abilities)
Spoiler for Full Role Description - just in case you want the story to make sense and something to hint to
Each night, players can either use their public (or secret) ability OR try to recruit another person to their faction. BTSC-by-meeting:
- As a side-effect of acting on the same person, players from the same faction can meet and establish BTSC. E.g. if A targets C AND B targets C AND neither is blocked.
- They can also meet if A targets B AND B does not submit an action. But if B is trapped and A is not the one that trapped him, A's action on B will fail hence the meet will not happen.
- The recruit will share BTSC with the others only if he meets with one of the faction (as above) from the moment he/she is recruited (including the night he/she is recruited!)
- Any player meeting with another of his faction will share the same unique Faction BTSC.Recruiting:
- Amberites can choose to walk the Pattern, Chaos beings can choose to walk the Logrus. Those with composite blood can choose either. Walking the Pattern or Logrus gives the bearer the possibility of recruiting a player (blood type of the target does not matter): if the target is an un-recruited independent the target is recruited.
- If two or more factions try to recruit the same player, the same night, they will BOTH fail.
- Result of recruit is PMed to both the recruiter and his target along with the name of the faction. The night-post only reveals how many recruits were on that night.
- Walking the Pattern/Logrus is not always safe. Each try has a 50-75-100% chance of success (otherwise it kills the person that tries to walk it). Each role has a probability attached of successfully walking the Pattern/Logrus. Probabilities decrease with 25% each time the Pattern/Logrus is walked by that person (no matter if the recruit works/fails).Order of actions:
- Deterministic 'verse with Chronological order of actions
- OOA: Walking the Pattern/Logrus >> Redirect >> Trap >> RID Kill >> Spy >> Oracle. Notice the >>: Right action can NEVER prevent an action to its left since it happens AFTER it chronologically speaking!
- Trap acts as a block against the target's actions AND all actions against the target (except the trap). Basically a form of invulnerability.
- What appears in the NP: Successful traps and kills.
- Same type of actions targeting each other (or in chain) -> All actions happen (E.g. A tries to kill B who tries to kill C -> both B and C are killed).Day actions:
Borda voting - 3 votes max points: 3,2,1 (see wiki for more info on Borda_voting
) This post has been edited by araver: Aug 20 2014, 05:01 PM