Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAME IDEAS

When you feel your game idea is fully ready to be played, please START A NEW TOPIC in Games Ready with the final RIDs, rules, FAQ and prologue if applicable. Thanks, MafiaManiac Staff

Add Reply
New Poll

Matrix 6, Permission to run a matrix 6 game Turbo
Contabile
Awards: None
4-0
B: 1-0
G: 1-0
I:
O: 1-0
TB: 1-0
TG:
  Posted Jun 22 2015, 10:59 PM
Requesting persmission to run a Matrix 6 game in the turbo slot.

Requires 9 players and the setup is RNG'd amoung 6 possible setups that are interchanged in a grid.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Matrix6

Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Jun 22 2015, 11:15 PM
Intriguing game idea. Turbo lane is for template games, already determined to be balanced, so they can be run without needing to be checked over. This looks like it has been tested out already so that is good, I'd like for some others to comment first though, but we could probably add this or a version of it to the templates.

Have you hosted before? First time hosts here need a cohost to help them learn or to at least watch over them. I can cohost if you have nobody else.

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jun 22 2015, 11:17 PM
And one question, are players told which role set was chosen for the game? Or merely their own role, and left to guess?

edit, and do the games reveal the roles killed at night? and reveal who was blocked or if block/jail even happen?

This post has been edited by _Nana7: Jun 22 2015, 11:19 PM

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 22 2015, 11:33 PM
Translated from Scum to Den:

jailkeeper = trap
goon = vanilla baddie
cop = faction spy
doctor = save (can he save self?)
1-shot bulletproof = ODTG automatic self-save (sort of)
tracker = follow spy

7 goodies vs 2 baddies? Does it usually start with day phases or night phases? We've for the most part been running turbo games with 6 goodies vs 2 baddies (the current game being an exception which used an outdated design) to give the goodies one mislynch without losing; so 7 v 2 would make for one mislynch + one no-lynch.

Also usually included in the OP here: OOP/OOA (if there are potential conflicts like the goodie trap vs baddie block), whether kills are blocking, what appears in NPs, and tie lynch rules.

Overall it looks like it would be reasonable, especially if it's been run a bunch and turned out balanced elsewhere.
Contabile
4-0
I:
TG:
  Posted Jun 23 2015, 12:21 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jun 22 2015, 10:33 PM)
Translated from Scum to Den:

jailkeeper = trap
goon = vanilla baddie
cop = faction spy
doctor = save (can he save self?)
1-shot bulletproof = ODTG automatic self-save (sort of)
tracker = follow spy

7 goodies vs 2 baddies? Does it usually start with day phases or night phases? We've for the most part been running turbo games with 6 goodies vs 2 baddies (the current game being an exception which used an outdated design) to give the goodies one mislynch without losing; so 7 v 2 would make for one mislynch + one no-lynch.

Also usually included in the OP here: OOP/OOA (if there are potential conflicts like the goodie trap vs baddie block), whether kills are blocking, what appears in NPs, and tie lynch rules.

Overall it looks like it would be reasonable, especially if it's been run a bunch and turned out balanced elsewhere.

Day start no actions, 2ML for scum 2 win Setup is unkown to players just know their role. when someone dies lynches they are flipped.

NP would be X dies day begins, or just daybegins
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jun 23 2015, 12:29 AM
2 mislynch with day start means 4 dead goodies at most, assuming none saved at night. That still leaves 3 goodies alive on d3 against 2 baddies, as best case scenario for the baddies. So baddies could still lose at that point.

Maybe this could stand to lose a vanilla goodie from the roster?

This post has been edited by _Nana7: Jun 23 2015, 12:29 AM

-from Cracked News
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jun 23 2015, 10:16 AM
If it started with a night phase then two mislynches would mean a baddie win, barring a save. So if you want two mislynches to lose then just make it start with a night phase, which is standard here anyway. Then the goodies could afford one mislynch and one no-lynch. Since goodies could afford a no-lynch, if you want to give people the option of voting no-lynch then that should also be in the OP since it's not standard here.
Contabile
4-0
I:
TG:
  Posted Jul 9 2015, 01:34 PM
Did not consider this site's meta of game starts and stuff it would mess with the balance of the game. Ill look for another game type to run
An enigma wrapped inside a mystery
Awards: 13

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 9 2015, 02:00 PM
I believe it is fine if you want to start with day phase or whatnot http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif we have run games with different starting schedules and are certainly not against games that have a different format or structure http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/whistle.gif

I am with Nana on being perplexed at the math that would allow two mislynches to win the game for scum http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/scratch.gif could you expound on that?

"You are but a simpleton, aren't you? user posted image" - Aura

"Is everyone around to flashvote?
Let's do this!!!!
Kill coolkid!!!
" - Plasmid

"I believe ck is a nice person. I also believe he was voted into a btsc and half that btsc is now dead." - Yuiop

"Well who asks more questions, gets closer to victory" -Alexey
"This is why we are killing CK" -GM

"s*** it is so goddamn scary to talk with CK." - Boq
Contabile
4-0
I:
TG:
  Posted Jul 9 2015, 03:29 PM
QUOTE (coolkid @ Jul 9 2015, 01:00 PM)
I believe it is fine if you want to start with day phase or whatnot http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif we have run games with different starting schedules and are certainly not against games that have a different format or structure http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/whistle.gif

I am with Nana on being perplexed at the math that would allow two mislynches to win the game for scum http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/scratch.gif could you expound on that?

Fake claims by scum / no one really knowing the setup in town but mafia have a better understanding of what setup it is makes it balanced.
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jul 9 2015, 04:21 PM
I am not against 2 mislynches winning it for baddies, I think that should win it for them, rather than still leaving them able to lose the game.

There is an idea! Baddie wincon simply to get 2 mislynches and 2 successful night kills. Or 3 lynches and 1 night kill by baddies would also win it for them, or 3 night kills and 1 lynched goodie. Or 4 and 0, 0 and 4. Basically 4 goodies dead through lynches or baddie night kills.

Only reason I would not say just 2 mislynches regardless of nk is that would create a perverse incentive for baddie to try to fail the nk to leave more options for mislynching.

-from Cracked News
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Game Ideas | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll