Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Crypt of the Necromancer, You're gonna have a killer time
Evil Wizard
Group Icon
Awards: 4

B: 0-3
G: 6-3
I: 1-0
O: 3-1
TB: N/A
TG: N/A
Posted Jan 25 2016, 10:39 PM
Anaxes, the Evil Necromancer - Yuiop
Zarkhator, Fallen Archmage - TKoE
Bel'Shazzar, Dark Emissary - Plasmid

Three figures, silhouetted by the moon, stand upon a hill overlooking the unassuming village below. The three studied it carefully, making note of any and all activity. But it was soon apparent that most, if not all of the villagers were inside that pub. Naught but two guardsmen patrolled the outskirts.
“What a miserable lot,” spoke Anaxes, the Evil Necromancer. “Have they nothing better to do than to drink their lives away? Are you quite sure this is worth our time?”
“Absolutely,” Zarkhator, the Fallen Archmage responded. “You have had no trouble thus far, my lord, but the Academy is under numerous magical protections, not to mention headed by Archmage Lorbran himself. Our magic, though powerful, will not be enough to overcome them alone. We need soldiers.”
Anaxes hissed under his breath, though he knew Zarkhator to be right. He turned to Bel’Shazzar, the Dark Emissary. “How should we do this, Seer? Surely we can simply destroy the guards, and take the rest of the degenerates as mind slaves.”
Bel’shazzar shook his head, replying, “It will not be that easy, my lord. There are many among the citizenry who would oppose you.”
“What? Who dares?!” Anaxes demanded.
“I have received insight from the dark gods,” the Dark Emissary continued. His voice sounded like a thousand screaming dead. “There are twelve people within the village who must be destroyed before we can safely reveal ourselves. We are outnumbered, certainly, and severely weakened in our shapeshifted forms… But they also tell of a merchant housed in a nearby cave. A goblin who deals in rare and powerful goods.”
“How fortuitous,” Anaxes answered with a smile. Just then, a messenger raven swooped down from the night sky, dropping a piece of rolled-up parchment into the Evil Necromancer’s hands. He opened it, and looked upon the list of requests from those seeking the aid of his powers:

Quests

An Acquired Taste
Tonight we will serve a more... unique dish, if you know what I mean. Help my guests be more... open to it. - Mortimer, Cannibal
OBJECTIVE: Reference food in every post until the night ends. No posts = Quest failed.
REWARD: 15 Gold

An Unholy Ritual
The spell is almost complete... As a final step, the words pictoral, cognitive and forty must be spoken. I'll gain power beyond imagining! - Mage Zardon
OBJECTIVE: Make posts with the words "pictoral", "cognitive", and "forty" before the night ends.
REWARD: 30 Gold

Infamous Last Words
Out to kill somebody tonight, huh? Make a spectacle out of it. Make sure your voice is the last thing they hear. - Consummate Killer
OBJECTIVE: Get the last post of the night.
REWARD: 15 Gold

user posted image user posted image
Haven't I... killed you somewhere before?
Piciotto
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
Posted Jan 26 2016, 10:16 AM
Ah crud, only just found this thread, guess we've failed our first quest, off to a great start!

Though honestly that one is a bit blatant anyway. Now... Does anyone have any freaking clue how we are going to naturally use the word 'pictorial' in a post?

Cognitive and forty will be easy enough.

ثعبان في العشب
lolcat
Awards: 16

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
Posted Jan 26 2016, 10:21 AM
We can ask to see if that's really the case or not:
For our quests, does it work like
A) The entire baddie faction works like a single poster, so if one person posted "pictoral" and another posted "cognitive" and another posted "forty" then that one would be fulfilled and the BTSC would collect $30, but if even a single player posts something without a food reference the first quest would be failed.
B) Each baddie independently succeeds or fails in each quest based only on their own posts, and then the entire BTSC gets the gold if at least one baddie completed the quest.
C) Something else.

And to BTSC posts have to follow the quest rules?
If so, I'd call that bologna =p
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Jan 26 2016, 11:40 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jan 26 2016, 08:21 AM)
We can ask to see if that's really the case or not:
For our quests, does it work like
A) The entire baddie faction works like a single poster, so if one person posted "pictoral" and another posted "cognitive" and another posted "forty" then that one would be fulfilled and the BTSC would collect $30, but if even a single player posts something without a food reference the first quest would be failed.
B) Each baddie independently succeeds or fails in each quest based only on their own posts, and then the entire BTSC gets the gold if at least one baddie completed the quest.
C) Something else.

And to BTSC posts have to follow the quest rules?
If so, I'd call that bologna =p

Each baddie works independently. So two baddies could fail two of the quests while one completes one. This way have TEAMWORK!

And no. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/winktongue.gif

turtle
Awards: 9

B: 5-2
I: 1-1
O: 5-6
TB: 1-2
TG: 1-1
Posted Jan 26 2016, 12:11 PM
That first quest would be perfect for Slick. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif Also, Tahm Kench approves of the quest name. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif
Anyways, you guys wanna divide up the quests then? Is anyone in a timezone where the last quest wouldn't be inconvenient to do? I could do it but I'd rather not stay up until 1 am when I have class at 8 am.

Does baddie block show in the np regardless of success/failure?
Are we informed if the block succeeds or fails?

Quest guesses:
Slick - Use at least 3 different colors in each post. Each sentence in a post must be 1 color. (so not like this)
Jay - End every sentence with a smilie.
Cube - Write 4 sentences per post.
Cube - Write at least 4 sentences per post.

"My will or I won't." - Matthew Stover (The Acts of Caine)

"Odds are for defying." - Brent Weeks (Lightbringer)
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Jan 26 2016, 12:24 PM
QUOTE (yuiop @ Jan 26 2016, 10:11 AM)
Does baddie block show in the np regardless of success/failure?
Are we informed if the block succeeds or fails?

Only if it succeeds.
Yes.

turtle

Posted Jan 26 2016, 03:58 PM
Moar quest guesses:
coolkid - No words.
coolkid - Post only in pics and/or videos.
coolkid - Post 3 pictures.
coolkid - Post 1 video.
coolkid - Post 3 pictures and 1 video.
coolkid - Above 3 guesses with "at least" inserted in them.
vommack - Include red text in every post.
jay - Use at least 1 smilie per post.
slick - Use (at least?) 4 sentences per post.

Are we informed if we successfully cause someone to fail their quest?
Can I make multiple guesses per person and successfully block someone's quest if at least 1 of the guesses is correct?
How many quests per night does each goodie get?
If multiple baddies complete the same quest can they all get gold for it?

Regarding our quests, I'm thinking the easiest way to get the 1st and 3rd one is to have someone flash post or at least post close to the deadline something about food. Coolkid's post is a good opportunity to comment on his "pictoral" post.

For night actions, there's probably not much point to using any of them tonight besides the kill since no one has actions yet. For the N1 kill I'm thinking we could go for Marq, Boq, or Jay. Marq and Jay tend to be difficult to deal with if they start tunneling you and Boq is scary when he's frying you with ck's magnifying glass. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/scared.gif http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif

edit: adding another guess

This post has been edited by yuiop: Jan 26 2016, 04:00 PM

turtle

Posted Jan 26 2016, 04:03 PM
quest guess:
boq - Use alliteration.
boq - Use (at least) 4 words that start with m.

Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Jan 26 2016, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (yuiop @ Jan 26 2016, 01:58 PM)
Moar quest guesses:
coolkid - No words.
coolkid - Post only in pics and/or videos.
coolkid - Post 3 pictures.
coolkid - Post 1 video.
coolkid - Post 3 pictures and 1 video.
coolkid - Above 3 guesses with "at least" inserted in them.
vommack - Include red text in every post.
jay - Use at least 1 smilie per post.
slick - Use (at least?) 4 sentences per post.

Are we informed if we successfully cause someone to fail their quest?
Can I make multiple guesses per person and successfully block someone's quest if at least 1 of the guesses is correct?
How many quests per night does each goodie get?
If multiple baddies complete the same quest can they all get gold for it?

Regarding our quests, I'm thinking the easiest way to get the 1st and 3rd one is to have someone flash post or at least post close to the deadline something about food. Coolkid's post is a good opportunity to comment on his "pictoral" post.

For night actions, there's probably not much point to using any of them tonight besides the kill since no one has actions yet. For the N1 kill I'm thinking we could go for Marq, Boq, or Jay. Marq and Jay tend to be difficult to deal with if they start tunneling you and Boq is scary when he's frying you with ck's magnifying glass. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/scared.gif http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif

edit: adding another guess

I put this rule in the original "Game Ideas" thread but I forgot it for this one: Three guesses per player, per day/night, so you have one opportunity to thwart all of their quests. I'm so sorry I didn't include this, and will correct it shortly.

You ARE informed if you thwart somebody's quest, at the end of the night.

Goodies get three quests per night. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/winktongue.gif

Multiple baddies cannot complete the same quest. You can only get one payment per quest.

So, uhhh... Pick the three most likely guesses for each player. Again, I'm sorry for forgetting this rule.

turtle

Posted Jan 26 2016, 05:48 PM
Quest guess notes:
Hachi is misspelling a lot of words and keeps using the word "fiend".
Boq keeps using the word "mechanic".
Slick isn't even trying to hide the fact that he has to color his posts.
Jay is using a lot of smilies, but that's not really unusual for Jay. Although so far I believe the only sentence he hasn't ended with a smilie so far is "Dee" if that can be considered a sentence. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif

Piciotto
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
Posted Jan 26 2016, 09:51 PM
Boom, quest done in one post.
I can handle the last post quest too, that's 4pm my time. Obviously one of you will have to manage the food one.

ثعبان في العشب
lolcat

TB:
Posted Jan 27 2016, 12:57 AM
Relish is a food item, and I'm using it in my post. Does that count?
Piciotto
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
Posted Jan 27 2016, 01:10 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jan 27 2016, 03:57 PM)

Cheeky, I like it.

ثعبان في العشب
lolcat

TB:
Posted Jan 27 2016, 01:47 AM
I guess we also have to play the traditional mafia part of this game, too.
yuiop, I leave you in charge of guessing quests, because that'd give me a migraine.

Usually it's good to kill whoever posts the most, but in this case I'd be reluctant to NK Jay N1 since he's been N1 NK targeted a lot lately. N1 NK-ing boq would get aura peeved, and I don't want to have to deal with an angauray. Marq generally posts one- or two-liners so it might be easier to guess her quests than other peoples'. Coolkid would be a big threat in a game with open choices about what abilities to get and how best to use them, but I sort of want to see how he approaches the game, and if he goes un-NK-ed for a couple of cycles people might think he must be a baddie for not getting NK targeted.

IDK, I could talk myself out of N1 NK-ing anyone. You pick.
Evil Wizard
Group Icon

Posted Jan 27 2016, 09:06 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jan 26 2016, 10:57 PM)

Yeppers

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Side Quest Mafia | Next Newest »

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll