Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Inside a barrel
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 28

B: 10-9
G: 36-20
I: 3-6
O: 10-11
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Jan 28 2017, 02:51 PM
Hello Okosan!

You're the secret indy!

You can attempt a RID Recruit or use your messenger action.
You will give away a block and a vote decrease (0x) when you have recruited a player. Remember that when you give player X block, you won't be able to give anyone else the block and so on.

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Jan 28 2017, 03:11 PM
The Indy
The Indy is a goodie in disguise. It will look like a goodie if faction spied. In addition to its goodie action, it has a RID Recruit. It has BTSC. It can't use both actions at the same time, however.
If the baddies are wiped out, but the goodies are still in majority, the indies RID Recruit will change to a RID Kill. The Indies can RID Kill as many (or as few) players as they have in number (meaning, if there are three indies, they can RID kill three players), but if one fails, all of them fails.

The Indy can only Recruit Goodies and there can only be four indies, the original included.
Recruited Goodies lose their original action. The original Indy will give one of two actions to a new recruitee. These are secret. Once the action has been given, it can't be taken away and it is lost forever if the recruitee dies. In total, the original indy will equip two recruitees with one action each. The recruitees' goodie wincon is changed to the Indy wincon. The recruitees will come off as indies if faction spied.

Indy wincon: Gain majority
This means, if there are more indies than goodies and baddies together, indies win the game.

NOTE: The OG indy is not chosen randomly.

Spoiler for more indy knowledge

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
A Bird from the Future on the Quest for True Pudding!
Group Icon
Awards: 3

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 29 2017, 06:37 PM
COOOO! COO! (Random (Completely Serious) N1 Predictions:)

QUOTE (Jay Gold @ Jan 29 2017, 05:34 PM)
Mer-mo off the port boooooow!!! http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/ohmy.gif

Jay Gold - hinting at Lookout? He's also said the word, "see," at least twice. What else could this possible be except for a hint?

QUOTE (golfjunkie @ Jan 28 2017, 02:51 PM)
Because understanding game mechanics(specifically how to counter the NK) is scummy? Better recalibrate your scum detector.

Golfjunkie - Hinting at Navigator, Helmsman, or Rigger?

"I try to stay sexy and suave in front of all you little ladies, but that there wasn't too cool." - Yuuya

"Coo! (Okosan refuses these constricting garments! REAL MEN FIGHT IN THE NUDE)" - Okosan

"You're even stranger than I had thought. I'm fascinated. How I'd love to experiment on you..." - Shuu

" Please be quiet in the library. " - Nageki

"The Hour of Judgment has come! You cannot use the Dark Tree's power here. Return to the Void, Wallenstein!" - Anghel

"No, no, I dozed off and got stuck in the washing machine last night, that's all." - Kazuaki

user posted image user posted image user posted image
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 30 2017, 08:34 PM
Potential responses to the message (because Okosan didn't realize that it could get redirected).:

Sparrowhawk - Block
Aura - Immunity
Golfjunkie - Kill or Faction Spy

Coooo! (It's most likely that Golfjunkie got the message. And Okosan wouldn't mind getting rid of either of those. Now the real question is, does Okosan continue to send messages or does he wait? He doesn't want to just randomly jump in and out of the NP http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/hmm.gif )

"I try to stay sexy and suave in front of all you little ladies, but that there wasn't too cool." - Yuuya

"Coo! (Okosan refuses these constricting garments! REAL MEN FIGHT IN THE NUDE)" - Okosan

"You're even stranger than I had thought. I'm fascinated. How I'd love to experiment on you..." - Shuu

"The Hour of Judgment has come! You cannot use the Dark Tree's power here. Return to the Void, Wallenstein!" - Anghel

"No, no, I dozed off and got stuck in the washing machine last night, that's all." - Kazuaki

Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 31 2017, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (golfjunkie @ Jan 30 2017, 07:58 PM)

I don't remember this much aimless banter in previous games http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif maybe my memory is just failing. I also thought I saw several claims already, but that doesn't make any sense... so I would say my mafia skills are rusty.

Cooooo! (Got it http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/thumbsup.gif Your actual claim is immunity.)

Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 31 2017, 11:37 PM
Coooo! (Ok, so a few questions.)

1. If Okosan successully recruits someone do they still do their action for that night?
2. When does/can Okosan assign the new action to an Indy.
3. Who can the vote decrease act on? Themselves? Others? Both?

Boquise

COOOO! (So Okosan's thinking about recruiting tonight and pretending the messenger died. He thinks he has Jay's role as the helmsman if he actually did hint. The only question here is which one should he recruit first? Jay or Golfjunkie? If he recruits Golfjunkie first then that would get rid of the immunity potentially screwing Okosan up and making him think people aren't who they are. If he recruits Jay first then he can give him the vote redirect and have it be at similar to what his role was. But he feels that the immunity might target Jay tonight. So, Golfjunkie it is then.)

RID Recruit Golfjunkie as Navigator Tobias Timber

Coo! (Okosan can't wait until GJ is actually a baddie who fake claimed. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/thumbsup.gif )

Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 1 2017, 03:19 AM
1. They do not act
2. You can assign it as you submit your RID or after the night tbh
3. Others. It will also subtly appear in the DP

-
-
-
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 1 2017, 07:09 AM
Your RID was incorrect

-
-
-
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 1 2017, 05:27 PM
COO? (What would happen if Okosan got his recruitment correct but got blocked on the same night? What result would he get?)

Boquise

Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 1 2017, 05:31 PM
QUOTE (Okosan @ Feb 1 2017, 11:27 PM)
COO? (What would happen if Okosan got his recruitment correct but got blocked on the same night? What result would he get?)

Boquise

You'd get a new team member

-
-
-
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 1 2017, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (Boquise @ Feb 1 2017, 05:31 PM)

Boquise

COO COO? (What about if that same recruitment target was given immunity that night?)

Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 2 2017, 05:59 PM
QUOTE (Okosan @ Feb 2 2017, 03:51 AM)
QUOTE (Boquise @ Feb 1 2017, 05:31 PM)

Boquise

COO COO? (What about if that same recruitment target was given immunity that night?)

Immunity does not affect RID Recruit

-
-
-
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Feb 2 2017, 11:30 PM
RID Recruit Jay as Helmsman Charles Tanner

COOO! (If Okosan dies tonight, then please give Jay the vote decrease.)

COOOO! COO! (Okosan probably shouldn't do this, but http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif )

Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 3 2017, 06:44 AM
Your RID was correct and Jay Gold was recruited. Unfortunately, he also got killed :/

-
-
-
Monsieur
Group Icon

Posted Feb 3 2017, 06:44 AM
QUOTE (Okosan @ Feb 3 2017, 05:30 AM)
RID Recruit Jay as Helmsman Charles Tanner

COOO! (If Okosan dies tonight, then please give Jay the vote decrease.)

COOOO! COO! (Okosan probably shouldn't do this, but http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shrug.gif )

Fortunately for you, I don't accept conditional actions, so you still have the vote decrease!

-
-
-
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Pirate: Mutiny Mafia II | Next Newest »

Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll