Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Den Mafia Hall of Fame 2017
Consigliere
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB: 1-2
TG: 3-4
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:00 AM
Hello MafiaManiacs,

This will be the official topic for the Den Mafia Hall of Fame for 2017. Current Hall of Fame members are GMaster479, Brandonb, Unreality, Nana7, Aura, Araver, Sparrowhawk, Plasmid, and Maurice. Now is the time to add up to 3 more members.

The Hall of Fame is comprised of mafia players who the vast majority of players believe have met one or more of the following criteria:
  • A mafioso/mafiosa who was an extremely talented Mafia player during an Era of Mafia
  • A mafioso/mafiosa who was an extremely successful Mafia Host during an Era of Mafia
  • A mafioso/mafiosa who has contributed to the development of Den Mafia
  • A mafioso/mafiosa who has the utmost character in regards to the game of Mafia
In order to be on the ballot for the Hall of Fame, you must meet one of the following criteria:
  • Played Den Mafia for 5 years
  • Played/hosted 75 games of Den Mafia
In order to be elected to the Hall of Fame, you must meet both of the following criteria:
  • Receive votes from at least 75% of the voters
  • Be one of the 3 highest vote getters of those.
In order to be a voting member of the Den Mafia Hall of Fame, you must meet one of the following criteria:
  • Be eligible to be elected to the Hall of Fame (see above)
  • Have 500+ posts and 20+ reputation on MafiaManiac
When you vote for the Den Mafia Hall of Fame, you can vote for up to 10 people who you believe meet the criteria listed above, voting will be Borda style so please rank your list. In Borda voting, the player at the top of your list receives one more vote than the player below, and so on, so in a 10 player list your first pick gets 10 votes, 2nd gets 9, and so on.

Even if you are not eligible to vote, you can still contribute to the discussion. This is a wonderful opportunity to look at the history this game has had and relive some very exciting Mafia Games.

Below I am going to list all eligible players whether it be by length of playing or number of games. Remember to consider the criteria when looking at their wiki profiles.

Players eligible from last year:
grey_cells
akaslickster
Phaze
Fox
LIS
Onetruth
Prince_Marth85
Seahorse
Crazypainter
Mekal
Joe's Student
Tolecnal
RainThinker
Prof. Templeton
Limey
Clozo
Izzy
JarZe
Peace
Star Tiger
Riranor
Social Darwin
Eli
Panther
Framm18
EDM
Hirkala
Marquessa
Vineetrika
Shadow7
Fat Tony
Yoruichi-San
Itachi-San
xDily
Magic_luver101
abhisk
sayalzah
DudleyDude
Tpaxatb
RMZ
Medji
Music_luvr95
Darth Nox
Vommack
Boquise
golfjunkie
Not24_65_34_83_361
harvey45
MissKitten
BlaBlah99
Glycereine
filly678
yuiop
lionheart87
LJayden
NickFleming
Viper
GoodCookie
gramir89
Segul
firno
benjer3
newzero
Darth_Legion
curr3nt
DarthMask
DougFarley
yourheroro
Smith
solman
Q-Cumber
Akriti
KlueMaster
Aaryan
Thalia
yoDell
TheCube
Elfen
mboon
Smoth333
Zweefer
Hidden G
Anon26
Jay_Gold
Yuli

New additions this year:
WIlsoMike
Inawordyes
Andrew
Mew
Roy-Chan
Makai
Meem
SMV
Cruelmind
Coolkid
Tj
Berno
Thomas
SirBlayzalot
Brainiac100
MikeD
Marksmanjay
Dee_tot

I believe this is everyone eligible. If you believe you are eligible please check and see if you meet the criteria.

***NOMINATIONS***

Things will work a little differently this year than in prior years. The 1st week will be nominations. From the above list, please nominate up to 3 you wish to see added to the hall of fame, and provide reasons why you believe your nominee should be considered. You may also second up to 3 nominees that someone else makes.

Nominations and seconds may be made beginning immediately. Please try to have them finished by the end of August 11th (when voting opens).

***VOTING***

The 2nd week will be voting. Anyone who was nominated and seconded will be eligible to be voted for the hall of fame.

People may send their votes to my admin account, a ranked list of up to 10 nominees for the hall of fame, with your top choice at the top.

PM Title should be "Hall of Fame 2017" so it is easy for me to identify and sort out. Votes may be changed up to the deadline.

Voting will take place August 12-19th (votes may be changed until end of day Aug 19th) and the ceremony will be on August 20th, as that is one month and one week after the day we moved to Jcink from IPBFree http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shadowangel.gif

Deadline is August 19th, 11:59 PM BT.

***HOW VOTES COUNT***

Only members appearing on 75% or more of the lists will be able to be inducted. Of those, the 3 highest ranking per borda votes will be inducted.

And a reminder, anyone with 500 posts and 20 reps can vote, and so can anyone on the list of eligible nominees.

Have fun!
Nana7
Consigliere
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:00 AM
Seconded:
Phaze
Boquise
Yuli/Molly
Framm
CoolKid
Fat Tony
Slick
Hirkala
Yuiop
EDM
Izzy
Jay Gold
Yoruichi-San
Itachi-san
Dee

Nominated:

Please make nominations, seconds, and give reasons for supporting a nomination here. Please feel free to give reasons for supporting a nomination even if someone else made the nomination.
Consigliere
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:04 AM
Here are nominees from last year who were not inducted, in alpha order:

Boquise
curr3nt
Fat Tony
Framm
Hirkala
Izzy
JarZe
Jay Gold
Molly Mae/Yuli
Phaze
Prof T
Shadow
Slick
Vommack
Yoruichi-San
Yuiop

The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 15

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:11 AM
I nominate Phaze:

I have learned so much about his understanding of game mechanics from co-hosting with him. It had made me realize how instrumental he had been in the way Den Mafia is played.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
Consigliere
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:14 AM
fyi you may nominate up to 3 players.
and then second up to 3 other players.
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 9-8
G: 33-20
I: 3-6
O: 9-11
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 02:40 AM
I second Phaze

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov

And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis

There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agathe Christie
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 21

B: 13-12
G: 27-21
I: 3-3
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 04:12 AM
Nominate:
1. Phaze - oh wait, I got too late. Well I said last year why he should absolutely get in.
2. Boquise - I got head to head with him so many times I think we each have a special marked grave for neurons spent arguing together. But there's no one I'd rather have alive in my team if I die in a game and trust me that confidence did not come easy. I wholeheartedly support his induction.
3. Yuli/Molly Mae - It is a shame that most of those voting didn't get a chance to play with him or play in one of his intricate games. But trust me, if you ever wanted to not know where your head is playing a game of Mafia or wanted the best and craziest baddie BTSC buddy, you'd get your wish granted with MM/Yuli. I can still remember vividly every game we won or lost (or me getting obliterated by him out of the blue).

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 07:53 AM
Wanted to allow araver a chance to say nice things about people. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif

I will nominate :

Framm -
2 of my favorite memories are battling with Framm and nox at the end of MMMIV (I think) and watching as they had me dead to rights until they decided to backstab each other and the end of Day 1 of Mafia Noir II when Framm caused the most chaotic and to a day I have ever witnessed. As host I missed it live as I was writing the up-to-then uneventful day post. But those 15 minutes are like 4 pages and a blast. I suggest you read.

Point is, Framm sees the angles and strikes. I wonder how many crazy ideas he kept in his holster but had ready to use if needed. Whenever signups lull or I need a backup he's my first goto guy.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law

1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 10.darth nox-2 10.EDM-2 12.Laiam-1
Lord of Combat, God of Sarcasm
Group Icon
Awards: 13

B: 3-6
G: 9-12
I: 2-5
O: 3-4
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 11:45 AM
I second Yuli and Framm!

Beware the Scotch of Clumsiness!!!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 11:48 AM
He didn't play long enough imo, but I loved playing with solman. I wish he'd stayed longer. Just saying.

Mod of member relations/awards/activity
Group Icon
B: 6-9
G: 11-10
I: 3-4
O: 4-5
TB: 1-1
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 11:52 AM
Seconding
1. Bobo

3rding
1. Casey
2. Phaze

maurice - I 100% agree. Bring soul-man back, then, as you are wont to do. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/waiting.gif

QUOTE (araver @ Oct 1 2015, 08:41 AM)
I cannot believe ... ok.
Spectre
Awards: 6

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 12:11 PM
I nominate FT

He coached me and jay as baddies, I just think that says a lot of him as a member of the community.

Plus he's committed to the game... And I remember back then many people agreed FT was a good player http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl,
and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
Jay
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 9-11
G: 28-14
I: 2-5
O: 6-12
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:28 PM
krystal: http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/bussing.gif Did I even vote a goodie in that game? http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif

I will nom yuiop, because she can always seem to pocket me. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shifty.gif http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif
Spectre
Awards: 6

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 5 2017, 01:29 PM
QUOTE (Jay Gold @ Aug 5 2017, 01:28 PM)
krystalhttp://mafiamaniac.org/smile/bussing.gif Did I even vote a goodie in that game? http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lol.gif

I will nom yuiop, because she can always seem to pocket me.  http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/shifty.gif http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/mellow.gif

U didn't http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/popcorn.gif

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl,
and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
Consigliere
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
  Posted Aug 6 2017, 01:12 AM
I nom Slick for co founding MM and being a part of den mafia from the start.

I nom Hirk for getting the wiki started, being an ambassador to other sites, and being a great old timer. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Site Announcements | Next Newest »

Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll