Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (28) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Toy Soldiers: Battle of Cedarglen Park
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Aug 17 2017, 11:21 PM
Toy Soldiers: Battle of Cedarglen Park
I'll make a permutated list of players/roles and the wincon for each player will be to outlive the roles on both sides of them. I'll tape the permutated list together at the beginning and the end so it will form a circle. Each player will know which two roles they need to outlive, but the entire permutated list won't be made public knowledge. Players leave the game as losers if all of their soldiers in play are dead, or leave the game as winners if they achieve their wincon. Note that roles won't actually appear anywhere in the action results or posts; that's intentional so figuring out who you need to kill won't be so easy and the only way to do it is by communicating with people, and by seeing roles revealed when players leave the game because of either losing all their soldiers or achieving their wincon. In this Toy Soldiers there is no direct player-to-player communication via PM allowed, but there are Radio items.

The game will start with a purchasing phase, where all the players get 12 soldiers and $250 to buy whatever equipment they want for their soldiers. Equipment (except choppers) must be assigned to soldiers. They'll also deploy each of their soldiers to an area on the map of the park.

Combat phases will begin with each player being told how many choppers they have, where their soldiers are, what equipment they have, and which other soldiers and equipment are visible. They'll give commands to each of their soldiers, and can use a Kid Stomp. Each soldier can perform actions from their current position for the current phase and may move to an adjacent area for the next phase, and may use one killing action per phase and however many other actions they have enough equipment for. All of the commands for the soldiers and the stomping and stuff will be PMed to the host with one command per line and using the syntax described further down. There are only combat ("Night") phases and no lynch ("Day") phases.

Stuff 4 $ale
Knife: $2
Flamethrower: $4
Rifle: $3
SniperRifle: $4
Chopper: $3
Parachute: $2
Flashbang: $2
Probe: $1
Radio: $2
Silencer: $6
Kevlar: $4
M*A*S*H: $4
Binoculars: $5
Camo: $4

Park map
user posted image

How actions work
Events are strictly OOA and occur in the following order

Chopper drops
Command syntax
PLAYER DROP LIST OF SOLDIERS SEPARATED BY COMMAS AT LOCATION
You use up one of your choppers and it picks up however many soldiers you want and drops them off at the chosen location. The soldiers can be anywhere on the map before they get picked up, but will all be dropped off at the same spot if they're all carried by the same chopper. If you want to drop off different soldiers at different locations on the same phase, then you can do so but you have to use one chopper for each drop location. The chopper is lost once it's used, and each soldier that gets dropped must have a parachute which gets consumed by use. The NP shows "A chopper dropped {list of players} at location" because after all choppers are loud and way up in the sky where everyone can see them. Since this is the first action that gets processed in the phase, your soldiers can act from their new positions on the same phase immediately after they get dropped (but can't act from the position they were in before being picked up by the chopper), and will not be hit by any killing actions targeted at their position at the beginning of the phase (except stomp which doesn't care where the soldier is).

Flashbangs
Command syntax
SOLDIER FLASHBANG LOCATION
A soldier can flashbang his own area or any adjacent area, and all soldiers in a flashbanged area will have all of their actions (including movement) fail but can still be acted on. The flashbang gets consumed by use. The NP will show "{Location} was hit by a flashbang" but not who used the flashbang. All flashbangs happen simultaneously (all of the soldiers throw their flashbangs into the air at exactly the same time and they all detonate a few seconds later) so a flashbang won't stop another flashbang.

Probes
Command syntax
SOLDIER PROBE OTHER SOLDIER
You get told who owns the targeted soldier (player name, not role name). The targeted soldier can be anywhere on the map, not necessarily in the same or a neighboring area to the soldier using the probe. The probe is not consumed by use.

Radios
Command syntax
SOLDIER RADIO PLAYER TRANSMISSION Your message goes here and can pretty much be as long as you want but shouldn't have any enter/return
The player you target will see "You received the following transmission:" followed by your transmission followed by "- End transmission -" (so you can't just send bogus PM results or smth). The radio is not consumed by use. This can be stopped by a flashbang but not by getting killed.

Knives
Command syntax
SOLDIER KNIFE OTHER SOLDIER
Marks another soldier in the same area for death; the knifed soldier won't die immediately and can still carry out actions and possibly be saved by kevlar or a M*A*S*H. The knife is consumed by use since it's permanently lodged between the target's ribs. If the target was picked up by a chopper and dropped in a different location then the knifing won't occur and the knife won't be consumed. The owner of the soldier doing the knifing will be told whether it was successful or not (it counts as successful even if the target ends up being saved by kevlar or a M*A*S*H), and the owner of the targeted soldier will be told "YourSoldierName was knifed by AttackingSoldierName", unless the attacker has a silencer in which case he'll just be told "YourSoldierName was knifed by someone with a silencer". Because silencers work on knives. Yeah.

Rifles
Command syntax
SOLDIER RIFLE OTHER SOLDIER AT LOCATION
Works like a knife, but the target can be either in the same location or an adjacent location. Except that if you try to shoot someone and the location is wrong (like if they get picked up by a chopper or if you're just drunk and messed your action up) the rifle is still used up. Rifles only come with one bullet, so soldiers just use it once and then throw it away. The owner of a soldier that gets hit by a rifle will be told "YourSoldierName at YourSoldier'sPosition was rifled by AttackingSoldierName at AttackingSoldier'sPosition" if they don't have a silencer, or "... was rifled by someone with a silencer" if they have one.

Sniper Rifles
Command syntax
SOLDIER SNIPE OTHER SOLDIER AT LOCATION
Works like a rifle, except the target can be in any area and doesn't have to be in the same or an adjacent area as the sniper. But if you try to snipe a soldier and you get their location wrong then it fails and you still lose the sniper rifle. The notification a player whose soldier gets sniped is essentially the same as for rifling but will say "sniped" instead of "rifled" so they can tell the difference between the two.

Kevlar
This doesn't need to be submitted as a command; a soldier who has kevlar will automatically use (and lose) their kevlar if they were hit by a knife or rifle or sniping and will survive the hit. Soldiers can carry more than one kevlar, and if they get hit by multiple knifes and/or rifles and/or snipers on the same phase then one kevlar will stop everything for that phase. If a soldier gets saved, the owner still gets the usual message about how he would have been killed but is also told "but he was saved by his kevlar".

M*A*S*H
Command syntax
SOLDIER MASH LIST OF SOLDIERS SEPARATED BY COMMAS (without an "and")
The soldier looks through the list of targets, and the first soldier on that list that's about to die from a knife, rifle, or sniper rifle will be saved. If the soldier has kevlar then that takes precedence over the MASH. Can only be used on soldiers in the same area and can't be used on self. The MASH is consumed by use, but won't be used if no one on the list needs to be saved. If a soldier gets saved, the owner still gets the usual message about how he would have been killed but is also told "but he was saved by SoldierName using a MASH".

Stomps
Command syntax
PLAYER STOMP SOLDIER
The targeted soldier dies, wherever he is on the map, no matter what regardless of kevlar and MASH and such. This appears in the NP as "Player stomped Soldier". Because kids are way bigger than toy soldiers and are easy to see from anywhere in the park.

Flamethrowers
Command syntax
SOLDIER BURN OTHER SOLDIER
Works like a knife (target must be in the same location), but can't be saved by kevlar or MASH.

Death
Soldiers that were marked for death by knife / rifle / sniper / stomp / flamethrower will now actually die.

Movement
Command syntax
SOLDIER MOVE TO LOCATION
Moves to an adjacent location to start the next phase, and will see other soldiers / gear (according to the mechanics in the next couple of sections) from the new position. If a soldier gets chopper dropped, he can move to a location adjacent to the drop point.

Vision
This is where I calculate what the players will see (via their soldiers) to plan for the next phase. If they have a soldier in an area, they can see all other soldiers in that area unless camouflaged. If they have a soldier with binoculars in the area, then they can see all other soldiers in that area (whether camouflaged or not) and adjacent areas (if not camouflaged), and can see the gear of soldiers in their area (if not camouflaged -- if camouflaged then they can only see that the soldier is there and has camo).

Spoiler for and here are the EXTREMELY detailed rules
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Aug 17 2017, 11:28 PM
Prologue
Go kick some butt, because... well, do you even need a reason?

Kids (players)
1. Command-mo
2. Black-sparrowhawk
3. Buzz Lightyaura
5. Phazers Onkill
6. MacAraver
7. Shanana Banana
8. Boqueror

Commanders (roles)
Amaryllis
Brinley
Bryce
Chris
Dominic
Natalia
Paulina

Soldiers (soldiers)
Aaron
Andy
Anton
Aster
Avery
Ben
Blaine
Braxton
Brett
Callen
Carl
Carlos
Charlie
Connor
Corwin
Damon
Dante
Darvis
Dashon
Derek
Desmond
Devin
Dio
Dion
Doug
Dylan
Eddie
Eric
Evan
Ezra
Fernando
Flynn
Foster
Gabe
Greene
Greg
Hassan
Hawkins
Isaac
Jake
Jeffery
Jeremiah
Jeremy
Joey
John
Josh
Kade
Kellan
Kenji
Kenny
Kenton
Lee
Leon
Levi
Liam
Logan
Mark
Martin
Matt
Mutt
Nate
Nestor
Newton
Nick
Nicolas
Nik
Oswald
Ray
Roy
Rust
Ryker
Ryuu
Samuel
Shale
Steven
Sully
Trey
Tubbs
Vince
Wes
Will
Xavier
Zach
Zoid

(Yeah, for realz)

Everyone should have their role, the roles they need to outlive, and their soldiers.

Go order gear for your soldiers from the shop; everything except choppers needs to be assigned to a soldier. Go ahead and spend all your cash now because there's no buying more stuff after the combat starts. Then put your soldiers in locations on the map. Each soldier can go into a different area (well, 12 soldiers in 8 areas but you know what I mean), or you can pile 'em all up in one spot, or anything in between.

Phase 1 starts in

This post has been edited by plasmid: Aug 17 2017, 11:35 PM
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 12:49 AM
Welcome to what could be an all HoF game!

So, who is up for some deal making?

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 01:53 AM
Well. There's an odd number (7).
So if I read the OP right, there goes the chance of making this a full Red vs Blue game (1 in 2 players could win naturally by eliminating the roles in between). However out of six of you, only 2 are my enemies and 2 out of the other 4 also have my enemies on your list. Which means I'm willing to stand off blind attacks till we do some probing if y'all are into that.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Aug 18 2017, 02:41 AM
Blind attacks can harm potential allies and help enemies. So those are best avoided.

However, probes do not identify enemies unless you know a player's role. Without knowing that, anything is random.

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Aug 18 2017, 02:48 AM
The longest chain that can win together appears to be 3 players. 2 players can win together by chance. 1 person winning alone is very unlikely.

does a player win once they eliminate their rivals?
Are players informed when they win?
Do they remain in the game?

What happens to gear a dead soldier was carrying? Can it be picked up? Can the player assign it to other soldiers?

This post has been edited by Nana7: Aug 18 2017, 02:49 AM

-from Cracked News
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon
Awards: 20

B: 6-5
G: 5-6
I: 4-2
O: 5-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 02:54 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Aug 18 2017, 01:48 AM)
The longest chain that can win together appears to be 3 players. 2 players can win together by chance. 1 person winning alone is very unlikely.

What happens to gear a dead soldier was carrying? Can it be picked up? Can the player assign it to other soldiers?

QUOTE (From the OP)

Players leave the game as losers if all of their soldiers in play are dead, or leave the game as winners if they achieve their wincon.

So I'd say
1. Yes if that's what their wincon is
2. at the very least, indirectly since
3. No

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law
I always tell the truth, even when I lie - Tony Montana
What' chu talkin' about, Willis? - Arnold Jackson

The world is my oyster. It gave me diarrhetic shellfish poisoning.

MafiaManiac BROWNIE points
1.Shadow-11 2.Framm-6 2.Q-cumber-6 4.Yuli-5 5.araver-4 5.Anon-4
7.Hirkala-
3 7.Nana-3 7.dee-3 7.Emberguard-3 11. darth nox-2 11. EDM-2 13.Laiam-1
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Aug 18 2017, 02:59 AM
The major sticking point in this game is there is no way to match players with roles other than outing. And no way to verify it without mass outing. Even that is not full proof. Without matching a player to a role, everything is just blind shooting.

-from Cracked News
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Aug 18 2017, 03:02 AM
We could go the route of being allied until it is shown we are enemies. I will offer that to any who wants it.

-from Cracked News
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 03:03 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Aug 18 2017, 02:02 AM)
We could go the route of being allied until it is shown we are enemies. I will offer that to any who wants it.

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/yes.gif

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice - Clarke's Law

7.Hirkala-
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 03:06 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Aug 17 2017, 11:48 PM)

When kids wipe out the armies of their two opponents, they strut around the place like they're king of the world and don't really bother messing around with the toys anymore. Meaning it's publicly announced that they achieved their wincon and what role they were, and they leave the game.

QUOTE (Nana7 @ Aug 17 2017, 11:48 PM)

I was too lazy to code for dropping and passing around gear, so after you assign gear to a soldier it's theirs for good (unless ofc it gets consumed by use) and goes to the grave with them if they die.
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 03:16 AM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Aug 18 2017, 09:59 AM)
The major sticking point in this game is there is no way to match players with roles other than outing. And no way to verify it without mass outing. Even that is not full proof. Without matching a player to a role, everything is just blind shooting.

I agree.

Someone needs to start outing then. Without private PMs there's no reliable way of doing that. The person to start will most likely be eliminated first. Hmm. This is starting to look like a special experiment.

Fine, one of my enemies is a B-role. If you are my enemy, go kill Lee and let me know. Mkay, thanks.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Monsieur
Group Icon
Awards: 31

B: 10-9
G: 36-21
I: 3-6
O: 10-12
TB: 2-1
TG: 3-7
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 03:22 AM
Gonna read the OP now tbh

I'm an educated man, I read various remarkable books, but I cannot understand the direction I myself want to go, whether to live or to shoot myself, as it were. So, in case, I always carry a revolver about with me. - Epikhodov
-
And perhaps we are funny. But you must never imagine, that just because something is funny, Monsieur le Marquis, it is not dangerous. - Mr. Croup
-
I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept. - Monsieur le Marquis
-
There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation!... A human being cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away. - Agatha Christie
The Space Cowboy
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 04:30 AM
Pro Tip - If your soldier sang Rainbow in the Dark don't bother wasting any money on him http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/nope.gif

7.Hirkala-
\\_THE_DERAILER!_//
Awards: 33

B: 13-14
G: 26-21
I: 4-5
O: 12-13
TB:
TG:
  Posted Aug 18 2017, 06:53 PM
Is it a good idea to out my self and targets?

"Agh! My brain hurts! I think I'm going to need some glasses, a moustache and a handkerchief"
- sparrowhawk

“It’s only on the brink that people find the will to change.
Only at the precipice do we evolve.”

- John Cleese

"I wish I could go back in time and rant some more."
- Boq on Slick's Kitchen Mafia
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (28) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll