Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Merlin's Band:
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted Jan 26 2018, 06:20 AM
Merlin's Band:
* Merlin (100%) - (RID Kill) - plasmid
* Ghostwheel (50%) - (Faction Spy) or (Trap) - Marquessa

N2:
* plasmid - Merlin Now at 75% - RID kill maurice as Rinaldo -> failed. Gains BTSC with sparrow.
* sparrowhawk - Fiona - Follow spy maurice -> Maurice stayed home. Gains BTSC with plasmid.

New faction member:

* Fiona (50%) - Can eavesdrop on the Trumps each night - choose a person and is told who they targeted (Follow Spy) - sparrowhawk

BTSC created.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 26 2018, 06:21 AM
plasmid, sparrowhawk - please let me know if you can see this BTSC.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.

user posted image
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted Jan 26 2018, 11:30 AM
Who do you think I ought to try recruiting N3, if anyone? So far there have been a total of five attempts counting you, so there should still be a fair number of potential recruits in play, but it's only worth risking death if we think I have a >25% chance at recruiting an unrecruited indy. The odds probably won't get any better as the game progresses and other recruits will likely happen, so if I try, the time is now.

For mo I thought he was more likely a faction member than indy because he initiated a courier sequence right out of the gate D1, and there's much more reason to coury if you're a faction member than an indy. Knowing that he stayed home makes him seem more likely to be either a faction member waiting for his partner (Yuli) to target him and establish BTSC, or indy.

This post has been edited by plasmid: Jan 26 2018, 11:34 AM
Cassandra
Awards: 10

B: 12-9
G: 10-9
I: 4-7
O: 6-6
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 26 2018, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I picked him partly because he felt like a faction member, rather than Indy. I'm not sure what to make of him staying home yet.

OT getting trapped seems weird, unless she got trapped by her faction mate to gain BTSC.

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
Cassandra

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 26 2018, 03:21 PM
So it's looking like mo, oko, yuli right now on one team. Do you want to try to make an alliance/nonaggression pact with them? They're trying to get organized, by the looks of it.

I'd like to try to continue posing as an Indy, but I sort of doubt people would believe that after you sent me the courier yesterday. That's likely because we're teammates looking to gain BTSC.

A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Two novels can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other involves orcs.
--John Rodgers
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jan 26 2018, 11:12 PM
There's not much to be gained by playing indy IMO. The kills are RID kills, so if people think you're in a faction they're just going to miss anyway.

And we're at a disadvantage unless we can communicate with Marq and get faction spy info to guide our own RID kills. If either of us tries to courier her then it would be pretty clear that the three of us are in a faction. But it might be worth doing anyway.

Want me to coury Yuli and you coury Marq or something? (and if so, how would I reasonably propose a non-aggression pact without shooting ourselves in the foot if they're probably going to get faction spy results on us soon? self-spotlighting?) If not, do you think follow spying Marq N3 would be worthwhile?

This post has been edited by plasmid: Jan 26 2018, 11:13 PM
Cassandra

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jan 26 2018, 07:12 PM)
There's not much to be gained by playing indy IMO. The kills are RID kills, so if people think you're in a faction they're just going to miss anyway.

And we're at a disadvantage unless we can communicate with Marq and get faction spy info to guide our own RID kills. If either of us tries to courier her then it would be pretty clear that the three of us are in a faction. But it might be worth doing anyway.

Want me to coury Yuli and you coury Marq or something? (and if so, how would I reasonably propose a non-aggression pact without shooting ourselves in the foot if they're probably going to get faction spy results on us soon? self-spotlighting?) If not, do you think follow spying Marq N3 would be worthwhile?

Mo and yuli didn't hesitate to advertise their alignments (with each other and oko). Without the faction spy, we are missing a lot of info. We can hope she thinks to trap you tomorrow like OT was today, or we can reach out and organize to guide our actions.

Sure you can message Yuli and I'll try to reach Marq. They can get our factions, but with 4 factions, we will need allies for some portion of the game if we want to make it to end game. At some point there will have to be backstabbing, but I think it's better to have mo and yuli on our side for the time being than as potential adversaries. And they would probably accept working with a plas, SH team too. Mo is already antagonizing Hachi.

--John Rodgers
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Jan 26 2018, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (plasmid @ Jan 26 2018, 07:12 PM)

Mo and yuli didn't hesitate to advertise their alignments (with each other and oko). Without the faction spy, we are missing a lot of info. We can hope she thinks to trap you tomorrow like OT was today, or we can reach out and organize to guide our actions.

Sure you can message Yuli and I'll try to reach Marq. They can get our factions, but with 4 factions, we will need allies for some portion of the game if we want to make it to end game. At some point there will have to be backstabbing, but I think it's better to have mo and yuli on our side for the time being than as potential adversaries. And they would probably accept working with a plas, SH team too. Mo is already antagonizing Hachi.

So just tell Yuli "SH and I propose a non-aggression pact, what say ye?" without any real way of enforcing or monitoring it? I agree in principle it's good to have non-aggression pacts, but I don't see how to make it work in practice.

This post has been edited by plasmid: Jan 27 2018, 01:13 AM
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 01:46 AM
Sharing spy results would be fine and good, but if they know we don't have BTSC with our faction spyer yet and they can faction spy us to see what color we are, then Marq would become a sitting duck.

So if I can't come up with a good way of establishing an alliance then maybe I'll just courier Yuli a funny lolcat gif or smth.
Cassandra

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 02:38 AM
araver:
FREEZE: Target is blocked for the night. This prevents responding to couriers and acts as a trap for the night.

Trap acts as a block against the target's actions AND all actions against the target (except a trap). Basically a form of invulnerability. Does not prevent the target from recruiting or being recruited since that already happened.

So traps don't block recruitment and freeze acts like a trap. Does that mean that a freeze sequence doesn't block recruitment? Or is it special since it was initiated in the day?

--John Rodgers
shrugged
Group Icon

Posted Jan 27 2018, 05:35 AM
QUOTE (sparrowhawk @ Jan 27 2018, 08:38 AM)
araver:
FREEZE: Target is blocked for the night. This prevents responding to couriers and acts as a trap for the night.

Trap acts as a block against the target's actions AND all actions against the target (except a trap). Basically a form of invulnerability. Does not prevent the target from recruiting or being recruited since that already happened.

So traps don't block recruitment and freeze acts like a trap. Does that mean that a freeze sequence doesn't block recruitment? Or is it special since it was initiated in the day?

Not special - freeze = trap. It jumps the "chronological" analogy (being initiated in the day) and happens when traps would happen during the night.

Analogy. Assume X is Frozen or X is trapped by Y. OOA says Recruit >> trap (chronological = >>).
* At 1AM, Recruiting happens. So X can be recruited or X can go and recruit someone.
* Freeze acts like a trap making the target (X) stay at home at 2 AM and raising shields till the night ends effectively isolating X from the universe. At 1AM recruits already happened before the freeze/trap curfew, so X cannot be blocked from recruiting or being recruited since that already happened.
* The only persons X can meet during the night are:
** Z if X was recruited by Z OR recruits Z at 1 AM (and Z stays at home)
** Y if X was frozen by Y (same as if X was trapped by Y).

EDIT: changed Z and Y for clarity.

This post has been edited by araver: Jan 27 2018, 05:38 AM

user posted image
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 11:42 AM
If I don't hear anything better I'm just gonna coury Yuli this:

user posted image

Now if you want you can post in the main thread that I couriered you that lolcat pic and you're not quite sure whether I just thought it was funny or if I'm trying to imply something sinister.

Aside from that, would you like a non-aggression pact while we focus on murdering everyone else? With or without sharing spy info?
Cassandra

TB:
TG:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 04:08 PM
Sure, that seems OK. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/tongue.gif

As for a message to marq, how about:

Fiona here. Merlin (plasmid) recruited me N1 and we met at mo's N2. In your response, can you pass along what info you've gathered and give us a target for meeting up N3? We would prefer Yuli or okosan, but if you've already spied them, feel free to pick someone else.

--John Rodgers
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 04:59 PM
Sure, and we might as well say our own actions and results while we're at it (n1 recruit, n2 rid on mo as rinaldo failed).

You got the easy one =p

Anyone you think I ought to try to recruit n3?

This post has been edited by plasmid: Jan 27 2018, 05:02 PM
lolcat

TB:
  Posted Jan 27 2018, 09:42 PM
GM and Boq are the only two players in the game at this point that haven't either sent or received couriers. So if one is to bet on an indy, one of those two is one to bet by one.

plasmid walk the plank pattern at Boquise
SH spy whoever Marq says she'll act on

araver Are we allowed to powerplay in BTSC or is that not allowed because of SH's secret betrayal wincon?
Maybe I should make SH powerplay my action just to be sure he doesn't have betrayal, and thus need to be prevented from powerplaying me to RID kill myself.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Amber Mafia III | Next Newest »

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll