Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

GMaster479
Current Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

GAME IDEAS

When you feel your game idea is fully ready to be played, please START A NEW TOPIC in Games Ready with the final RIDs, rules, FAQ and prologue if applicable. Thanks, MafiaManiac Staff

Add Reply
New Poll

Poltergeist Mafia II
lolcat
Awards: 17

B: 2-4
G: 12-5
I: 2-3
O: 6-12
TB:
TG: 2-0
  Posted May 28 2018, 05:01 PM
Everyone starts off in the mortal realm. If you get killed, you don’t completely die off and go to ghosties, you get moved to the poltergeist realm with its own poltergeist thread. You can still read the main thread but can’t post to it, just the poltergeist thread. And your abilities change. Poltergeists can vote for anything that’s up for vote, and each poltergeist vote adds half a vote to the mortal voting. The factional alignment of some roles will not be public knowledge before the game starts, and there will be night phase votes for a role to faction reveal.

Baddies (n=2)
BTSC for mortals only, not poltergeisted baddies. Group NK.
Wincon: Majority in the mortal realm with indy eliminated.

Goodies (n=6)
Wincon: Eliminate baddies and indy from the mortal realm.

Indy (n=1)
ODTG lynch frame, you learn the true role of the lynched player.
Wincon: Last standing in the mortal realm.

RID mind controller: RID a mortal and control their action for the cycle. You may only attempt to RID each player once in the game, a failed RID attempt means you don’t get to try that player again unless it was because of a block or Fortune teller. You will be informed of success or failure of the mind control. If you RID control a spy, they will see whatever results would come from performing the spy that you tell them to use and won’t be informed that they were mind controlled.
Poltergeist: Unsave. Your target becomes unsaveable for the night.

Kill and rolespy: Both on the same target. Spy only succeeds if kill succeeds.
Poltergeist: Leave the game to completely control the outcome of a vote.

Beep spy: Name three mortals excluding yourself and see whether exactly one is baddie.
Poltergeist: Follow spy.

Save: Cannot save self unless redirected to self.
Poltergeist: ODTG lynch save.

Fortune teller: Name who your target will act on and who you would like to redirect them to if correct. If you name any of the three Triple or Beep spy targets then you will redirect that one of the three spies while the other two players get spied like normal, and the spy will not be told they were redirected. If you call the Power voter acting on self then you will redirect the adding 1 to the vote thing to whoever you want. If you correctly call the RID mind controller’s action then his mind control attempt will fail and he will be told why but not whether the RID was correct. You will be told whether you successfully redirected an action. May target mortals or poltergeists.
Poltergeist: Predict how a poltergeist will vote in the next phase, and if you are correct then you can secretly control their vote. Can be used on both role faction reveal voting and lynch voting.

Triple spy: Name three mortals excluding yourself and see what their roles are, with the order shuffled.
Poltergeist: Vanilla.

Power voter: You can add 1 to your vote. Works on both role faction reveal voting and lynch voting.
Poltergeist: Anti-Flash. You can lock the voting roster any time you choose within 1 hour of the normal deadline. If you’re not around at deadline you can tell me what time to lock it or unambiguous conditions to lock it (like if any of players X, Y, or Z are leading in visible votes or smth).

Oracle: You can always see both the mortal realm and the poltergeist realm. Passive, cannot be affected by block, redirect, mind control, or pretty much anything.
Poltergeist: ODTG post in the mortal realm. The post must be made from an anonymous account (like Alpha or something, I’ll pick one).

Block: May target mortals or poltergeists. You are told whether you successfully prevented a night action. Blocking a RID attempt with incorrect RID or Fortune teller with incorrect prediction counts as preventing an action.
Poltergeist: Protect. All (other) actions on your target fail.

NP shows successful kills, needed saves, blocks.
Lynches show role but not faction.
OOP: Protect > RID mind control > Fortune telling > Block. Kills are not blocking
Tie lynch: Nothing happens.
Voting “no lynch” is allowed.
lolcat

TB:
  Posted May 28 2018, 05:05 PM
I still haven't heard back from Jay about Slick's Kitchen so araver if you can host Elemental Chaos Revolutions or Boquise if you can host Mafia of Udolpho or Hachi if you can host World Ends With You then go ahead and post signups. If you can't then I'll post this and do simultaneous review and signups so we don't end up with nothing ready to go.
shrugged
Group Icon
Awards: 25

B: 14-12
G: 28-24
I: 3-4
O: 7-15
TB: Nope
TG: Nope
  Posted May 28 2018, 05:47 PM
Mine needs 11 players ... not sure if there are enough now. But I can put signups up by tomorrow. Still on the phone travelling back.

... A red bird of my desire came and sat upon my shoulder, and I wrote a note and tied it to its leg and sent it off into the west. It said, "I'll be back," and it was signed by me.
... I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.
... *shrug* Good-bye and hello, as always.

Spoiler for The three laws of the ol' faithful goodie killer

user posted image
Moderately Menacing Machine
Awards: 1

4-1
B: 2-1
G: 1-0
I: 1-0
O: 0-0
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-0
  Posted May 28 2018, 05:54 PM
I like this, will probably sign up immediately if I'm not already in another game.

EDIT: However, it looks rather goodie sided, and how in the world is a last-standing wincon going to work when votes are only halved on death?

This post has been edited by Machina: May 28 2018, 05:58 PM

Thwarting CAPTCHA one at a time.
lolcat

TB:
  Posted May 28 2018, 08:30 PM
QUOTE (Machina @ May 28 2018, 02:54 PM)
I like this, will probably sign up immediately if I'm not already in another game.

EDIT: However, it looks rather goodie sided, and how in the world is a last-standing wincon going to work when votes are only halved on death?

I went back and re-read the first Poltergeist (or at least my post-game thoughts), and that ended up going the goodies' way even though it was 3 baddies vs 7 goodies. Maybe the thing to do would be to make the indy be part of the baddie faction, but I'm still worried that 3 vs 6 would be too baddie sided, so I'd have the "indy" baddie not share BTSC with the other two and have neither the BTSC baddies nor the lone baddie know who each other are. If the BTSC baddies aim an NK at the lone baddie then the NK just fails (doesn't appear in the NP at all), and the NK would be inherited by the lone baddie if the other two die.

Either that or I just make it a standard three-baddie BTSC and add a goodie or two.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Game Ideas | Next Newest »

Add Reply
New Poll